Ehren Kruger

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shadow25, Nov 1, 2009.

?

Your thoughts on Ehren Kruger writing TF3 alone?

1. Yay!

48 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. Nay...

27 vote(s)
    36.0%
  1. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wht are your thoughts on him, and his solo penning of TF3? What do you think of him based off interviews, prior scripts, and ROTF on the whole?

I'm pretty optimistic. On the ROTF Human Factor documentary, he spent a good deal of time talking about each individual new character, and he seemed pretty knowledgable about them all. There was also a part were he described parts of the lore they drew from, once again sounding that he knew his stuff pretty well. I think he's pretty invested in the characters, what are your thoughts?

2. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    I'd go so far as to say that he probably knows more about Transformers than Alex and Roberto and can, quite possibly, pen a better story than them.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I think Kruger would be very good. I'm currently watching the "Human Factor" documentary on the ROTF 2-disc DVD, and he definitely seemed as knowledgeable about TFs as everyone is saying, so... yeah, I think he'll do a good job writing Transformers 3.

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm hoping he turns the movieverse around. Idk much about him, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

5. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    During the commentary, it was said he came up with the "Cowards do survive" line.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    He did?

Then he get's my kudos. That line fit Starscream to a tee.

7. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The commentary is the only thing I haven't listened to yet, but awesome. Definitely a great line for Starscream.

I really liked during the Human Factor how he always began for each character with "We meet.... (Soundwave, Ravage, etc.)". It definitely made me feel as if he treated the robots more like characters than just as big action robots.

8. Starscreamer217

Starscreamer217 Banned

News Credits:
    Kruger does intrigue me with what he'll do with the next film. The Human Factor does shed some new, postive light on him with his knowledge and perspective on the robots.

9. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    At first I was like "The guy that came up with the balls joke is writing the movie alone? Dear God this is going to suck." I feel better about it now.

10. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

I haven't seen documentaries or interviews, but judging by what I've heard of him, he sounds awesome. And if he came up with that line of Starscream, then he's truly awesome. Looking forward to Transformers 3.

11. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Add a poll. Ehren Kruger ''Yay'' or ''Nay''

12. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He also came up with the concept of two Autobot twins, the concept of a cranky old Transformer and the thrust behind Galloway. And all evidences point him as the responsible for that awesome Transformers 2 spec script back in 2007, which might have granted him the job as writing consultant in RotF. If he did, Transformers 3 is definetily going to kick ass. That script was badass! :D 

It's sad Orci and Kurtzman kinda used him as a scapegoat for the movies' criticized points. Mainly, Devastator's balls. Bay's idea, not his. Same with the Twins personalities (Which I don't see a problem with). They were molded by Bay, Tom Kenny and Reno Wilson during the dubbing.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, because it was Michael Bay who came up with Devastator's balls. So that's not Kruger's fault.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    im impressed with his work on ROTF so im willing to give him a thumbs up for TF3 and not judge his solo work until i see it

15. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I'm neutral.

16. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    im confident. even if we don't get a better or cooler story, i think that the script will be much stronger than ROTF

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm rather pessimist on him right now based on the other things he has written.

But since he hasn't done much sci-fi work it's also possible that it could end up being one of his strong points. His background in horror may also given him the skills to make the Decepticons feel like more of a threat and it's not going to feel like a forgone conclusion that the Autobots will win. Not sure on how is going to be at pitching ideas to Bay so who knows he might be the guy with the verbal skills to push in more of the character and other elements people would like to see.

So pessimist but also holding out the possibility that he might be the person to bring the story elements up to the same levels as the effects. Really a tough call until we've had a chance to see his completed work.

18. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I think it's too early to tell. Personally, I'm going to wait until an interview comes up and read between the lines. If he came up with "Cowards survive" then, based on that, he should do alright.

But like I said, it's too early to tell. :) 

19. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm leaning towards nay, but right now I am meh. I can't really say anything until we start to see what direction he takes the movie.

And I voted for yay! just to be positive.

20. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    How so? He already helped write the second movie (most of the good parts, it sounds like) and he's had commentary that shows that he obviously has a vast knowledge of the mythology. Couple that with the fact that he's the only writer (as opposed to a duo, who probably had conflicting ideas) and the outcome looks pretty promising.