Ehren Kruger is going to join Don Murphy's website and will talk About Transformers 3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MegatronSupporter, Dec 1, 2009.

1. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

I'm so worried about Khruger. In the second ROTF Disc (the extras) he says Arcee is a combining robot.

Maybe the interview was done early (I hope) otherwise we have a guy who doesn't know anything about the movie he co-wrote and may not know anything about Transformers in general.

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Wasn't he praised by the holdovers from movie 1 regarding his extensive knowledge of the franchise?

3. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    That he was.

4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anything the DVD extras showed just how much he did know about Transformers. He handled all the characters and seemed pretty interested in them in his interview.

5. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I for one was reasonably impressed by his interviews on the extras. He engaged my interest and seemed far more knowledgeable than Orci and Kurtzman. Both of them just seemed bored with the process and had no desire to discuss what they had done on the film. Just my thoughts there.

On topic, this is pretty good news. It shows that he's willing to engage with those of us watching the creation process. Looking forward to hearing what he has to say for himself.

6. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    And it was Orci that came up with the Humping dogs and Devastators balls! Good riddance!

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actualy, Bay came with the Devastator balls, you can see it in the DVD extras.

Humping dog was probably Orci considering he was bragging about how he was making the humor more outrageous back in the early script.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Very cool. Normally we only get the insight into a movie after it's been made, by having one of the creative team around before and during the process it gives us a chance to see how things translate over from ideas into the finished film.

Fingers crossed that Kruger lets us see how the creative process works a bit better. Orci is a nice guy but sometimes he was a little vague even we just wanted to know about the process and not spoilers.

Should also be interesting to see how Kruger's knowledge of Transformers works it's way into the film because sometimes it's just the little details that give us the geek joy of someone nailing the rather obscure things only we notice.

9. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Ha ha, excellent.

I also hope he's gotten testicle jokes outta his system now that he's lead writer.

10. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Now that it's just Ehren penning the TF3 script, there may be more work for him alone to do. Orci & Kurtzman had said before how it was easier when there was more than one writer working on the script. I hope Mr. Krueger isn't too pressurized and time-constrained.

On the plus side, perhaps having a single writer overseeing the whole script will make it a more cohesive story.

And i wouldn't completely count on not having another balls joke in TF3, guys. Bay will demand it, i'm sure.

11. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Spielberg and bonaventura may hold the leash tighter on bay though

12. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Why would they do that? The second film was very successful, even though I personally found the 'humour' unnecessary and stupid.

I would love the next film to be more cohesive and character driven, however I doubt the execs at Paramount want anything other than another £400m blockbuster film, regardless of content.

13. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    The Brand is what is successful. It could be a film about a turd on a stick for 2 hours and it will sell a shit load of tickets as its labelled as Transformers.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think they might do that because they are fairly bright men who have seen other franchises burn out when it becomes just attempting to out do the spectacle of the last film.

Just look at something like Jurassic Park where the visual spectacle of the first film had everyone crazy to go out and see the second film. But the dinosaurs became something people got used to seeing so the third Jurassic Park was pretty much the end of the road. If Transformers tries to drive itself just on the spectacle of the robots and explosions at some point the franchise will go from hot to cold as people head off to the next new spectacle series.

15. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I have a suspicion that the above scenario is exactly what will happen. But yeah, I hope not. I'd like the next film to be ACE, I really would, I'm just a bit of a fatalist about Hollywood's perception of "quality" in general...

16. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Isn't that what ROTF was? :p 

As for Ehren Kruger...he'd better amaze me. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The only reason I'll ever see Transformers 3 is if the movie more than makes up for its two prequels and gets good reviews. It's not that I don't want to see the movie, hell, I'd love to see another Transformers movie. It's just that, IMO, both movies were downright terrible (the first movie having merit at least for trying), and with Bay still directing and Orci and Kurtzman staying away from the third film, it's gonna be hard for Kruger to make up for past problems that Transformers and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen had. I want to be proven wrong. I want to believe that the third Transformers movie will do better. The thing that keeps me from accepting the fact I could be proven wrong for the third movie is Michael Bay himself: He cannot direct. The only thing he can do is provide special effects, bad sex jokes, crappy camera angles, negative racial stereotypes, and that's about it. IMO, anyone who says that Bay is a genius needs to re-watch his films until they get the point.

Rant over.

17. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then I can already safely tell you not to go see TF3. I think the best anyone could hope for is to have the quality of TF1, with the robot battles from ROTF. In the end, it's still part of the same universe, so if you didn't like either movie, I doubt you would find things to like in the third.

Personally I'm hoping for at least that TF1 quality - far from perfect, but 'safe'. ROTF went to extremes with pretty much all aspects, from action to cgi to 'humor', something I really didn't like.

In the end, it's still Michael Bay on the director's chair, so no matter how many people in the process you replace, it's still going to be mostly his vision. Don't expect wonders for TF3.

18. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Now I am a little confused on Ehren Kruger. He is the man who ruined Scream trilogy.

19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Good Point Bro

20. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing I know he wrote was 'The Brothers Grimm', which I hated. It had a brilliant idea, but fell flet on its face from the first minute.

But that's just my personal opinion, and just like with TF, I can't be sure what amount of the plot in a movie is still the writer's own, and what amount was halfassed by superiors. :)