eHobby Prowl and Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by keebs, Mar 23, 2009.

1. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

2. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Prowl shouldn't have been released. These "New Year's" specials were mostly given out at Japanese conventions in 2001.
    Set A - Red Alert, Sideswipe (World Convention 12)
    Set B - Ironhide, Ratchet (E-Hobby Shop Exclusive)
    Set C - Skywarp, Thundercracker (Super Festival 21)
    Set D - Ramjet, Thrust (JAFcon 10)
    Set E - Dirge (20th Century Toy Museum)
    Set F - Grapple, Inferno (Wonder Festival)
    Set G - Hoist, Trailbreaker (C3 Exclusive)

And the rest were e-hobby releases direct to the public. At least, that's what my research told me. The gold-plated Jazz is as rare as any e-hobby, but there are a lot up on ebay. If there is a Prowl, it's either insanely, extremely rare to the point where no one knows about it (including every website I've searched on) or this guy was sold a fake, using the chrome Bluestreak box and insert. But he has the artwork card specifically for Prowl, so I'm confused as well. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this because I just bought Ramjet and Thrust to complete the set.

3. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    Never seen the Prowl one either.

And what Jazz are we talking about here, Gold Jazz? I thought that one was fairly common. As far as E-hobby TFs go, at least. That is the only Jazz I see in the pic.

4. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Its bluestreak, not prowl.

5. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

He doesn't have regular Jazz but implies one was released and is uber rare. He does have Gold Jazz in his listing. There is also Prowl and it's listed as MISB.

6. The Barracuda

No, this seller definitely has a Prowl, which is actually right underneath the Anime Bluestreak and to the bottom right of the Chrome Bluestreak. If it's not an actual release, then either this guy got scammed by someone or he is trying to scam someone else. And actually looking through this guy's feedback, he has quite a few negatives and neutrals in the first 6 pages alone, so, something seems shady here.

7. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    The Prowl is either something uber-rare like a production sample, or a TFC bookstyle Prowl in a Streak box with a custom card.

As I've never heard of it, even being alluded to, I'm going with re-box.

I just need Ramjet and Thrust to complete my set of Seekers.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  8. The Barracuda

I asked the seller a question regarding the box, if it indeed has Prowl's name on it since the photos don't include an actual close-up of the box itself. We'll see what he says. And I finally found Ramjet and Thrust (after almost a couple of years of searching) on ebay over the weekend. I was very surprised no one bid against me.

9. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    Do the boxes say the characters name? I haven't noticed that. *goes to check*

10. The Barracuda

Actually, you know what? They say Collector's Edition: Cybertron/Destron. My bad. Der...of course I knew that. Okay, easy to fake a Prowl then. But every box has its own unique SKU though, and will have the number of the character in the same area.

11. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The boxes do not have the character's name on it. The only place it would have the character's name is on the card in Japanese. So, I do not know if that would entirely help to know if that Prowl is truly an Ehobby exclusive figure or not. However, from everything that I have looked through, I do not think that there is one.

12. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    this prowl is crap, this guy bought a TF COLLECTION prowl in a reissue bluestreak box(that explains the trading card), that has happened before with tigertracks. I bought one tigertracks from an ebay seller who claimed it to be e-hobby sunstreaker but when i received it it was in fact factory sealed (i guess) but the box was an e-hobby sideswipe box, i kept itr because i was after a tigertracks, but there is NO SUCH A THING as an e-hobby prowl.