EH who am I kidding

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MaikeruSan, Jul 3, 2008.

1. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Well i was just thinking quite abit of us are saying yeah ill only by the new movie characters not the old ones. But who am I kidding i bet you half of us will cave and buy them anyways. If there straight up retolled, and repainted I might not get them. But if there new molds ill get them. Anyone else feel the same

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    If I already have a representation of one of these characters from the first movie, I will probably not buy the 2nd movie version.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm with OWAT. Though, if say, Starscream gets an ass-kickingly awesome new fig, I will have to cave.

4. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering I regret buying almost every movie figure I own, I'll probably just try really hard to ignore the toys for the next movie, unless they are completely aesthetically different from the first movie.

5. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

Well, I caved into getting a lot more movie figures than I thought I would. I started out saying, "I'm only going to get Masterpiece!" Then I saw Premium Ratchet and thought, "Oh! That looks pretty good!" So now I picked up most of the premium line. It worked out well that way actually.

Now, when the returning characters come out I fully expect retooled versions of the old characters, that's what we were told. They're supposed to have better details and true scales. But there is a slight possibility that they're actually goofier than what came out in the first line. That's just speculation and I doubt that's gonna happen as I expect these figure to fully rock.

If they're that much better I will pick them up. I don't know what I'll do with the first line, sell them or keep them? The other question is will they pull another premium series bait and switch on us, if it looks that way I'll wait for premiums. You have to admit that was a brilliant scam, I mean scheme.

Geez! After adulthood I never bought toys in my life and look at me now, I'm hooked! It's a good thing!

6. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Yeah I don't need a new version of the same character unless they look astonishingly different in the film and/or the figs are significantly better i.e. hands for screamer.

7. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I don't care about characters. If the figure is good enough I'll buy it.

8. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    tf1 and tf2 will be different shelves so ill probably rebuy if new molds. no more repaint if its the same character

9. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

new molds ftw, repaint/redeco if i have the money, identical older toy (which shouldn't happen anyway) will stay on the shelf

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's dependent on the toys we see. The first movie line didn't grow on me like I thought it would. I'm about to pull the batteries and put the whole line in cold storage. The sequel might be the first line I skip since G2.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The first movie line didn't quite click with me either. Some nice toys, and fun to fiddle about with, but not as much love for them as the lines on either side.
    I might end up getting the new molds, if they're different enough from the originals, though. It might be something that I wait on until I am in the US again to pick up, since it is so much cheaper. That's how I got most of the first movie line :) 

12. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I liked the movie line, but WAAAAAAAAAAAY too many repaints from earlier movie toys AND Cybertron toys, which was a big turnoff. I understand the reasoning, but 8 (or however many) CC 08 BB molds? come on.

13. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll only get new molds, I bought NO repaints in TF1 and I'm proud about it [I got a free Test Shot SS cuz I got sent two in the mail but that doesn't count :p ]

14. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    If the new versions are noticeably better than the originals, I may sell my originals.

15. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I only have three(four when the legacy of bumblebee shows up) characters from the movie,
    So it'll be easy for me to buy what I want from the new line.

I wonder what they'll do with Arcee.

16. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    New molds: Sure purchase.

Retools: Depending of the changes made.

Repaints: Not interested.

But remember that Orci said that some folks at Hasbro don't want to sell the same toys so parents don't have to purchase the same toy twice.

17. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll be buying remoulds and repaints of my favourite moulds/characters. That reminds me, I still have to find Offroad Ironhide.

18. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

probly a new mold, i'm sure the proposed design from the first movie probably won't be used in the movie and then the tf1 arcee won't look like tf2 arcee. they would have to make a totally new toy

19. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Only if they are new molds, and more kickass (A Leader Class Starscream, for example).

If they are more "premium" retools or redecos of the TF1 figures, then no way.

20. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

The TF2 line is just an opportunity for me to save up for the next version of Universe/Classics!