EGM[i] War for Cybertron Cover Story

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Valkysas, May 13, 2010.

1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    EGMi - The Digital Magazine | EGMi

Electronic Gaming Monthly's digital counterpart has part one of their WFC cover story up. Part 1 is their hands-on preview. Part 2 is a developer interview, which isnt up yet.

The best part of this is the iPass stuff included. In my opinion, anyways.

For those with subscriptions, or who bought the print magazine at retail, you'll have an iPass code that if you tie to your account there, you'll get special bonuses in this feature, like 2 wallpapers, and 7 downloadable music tracks from the game.

If you have an ipass code, login to your account before launching the magazine to access the bonus goodies. But even if you don't have an ipass code, or an account there, you can still view the hands-on report.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Y'know... I really can't wait until the next terrible movie comes out so the whole "RotF was the worst thing ever" crap can stop.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    calling the toys that came before "the latest G1 run" "flimsy and basic" shows that even though the writer of this story says he's a fan, he doesnt really know much.

But the music samples are cool.

4. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Yeah..."as much as he loves them dearly"...that guy obviously doesn't know a fucking thing. What a crackpot. This online gaming magazine sucks anyways.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The magazine doesn't suck just because one of it's writers is a different type of fan than you.

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the music quite a bit. I wish I had a Ipass just so I could hear more :( 

7. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The writer of the article although it may seem obvious is extremeley biased towards the gamer side of things (talks about COD and GOW an awful lot) and doesnt really know anything about actual transformers imo he shouldnt have talked about or judged anything outside of the game if he didnt know anything about it.

8. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    very good review and on a final note he said High Moon studios suceeded!
    im sooooo pumped and the more and more i see and read about this game the more excited i get!

people have to understand ya its gonna get reviewed as a video game not a transformers game! so dont be so damn picky if the guy dosent know all of the transformers world! mentioning other games actually helps gap peoples knowledge of what the hell the game is like!!

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Me, I'd actually prefer that it be reviewed as just a videogame, 'cause then it wouldn't just be "This is a Transformers game, all Transformer games suck don't buy this -50/10 go make fun of people on message boards about this"

10. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm going to have to stop you here. This game isn't just about us fans. It's a game also marketed to people who have no idea what Transformers are, or any of the lore besides knowing the truck guy, tape guy,or who had really cool swords in that movie with Megan Fox in it.

Not everyone is a Transformer nerd, nor should be. But if a gamer, who likes well designed gameplay, picks this game up because its fun, solid, and a quality product, then that is a GOOD thing. It will help the game sell well, with word of mouth being a powerful tool in the game industry. This means more Transformer recognition along with potential new fans that come into the fandom because of the game.

11. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I totaly get that and thats why i think he shouldnt have really talked about the mythos at all. I just think its bad practice to come at something you dont know much about and start calling it bad instead he should have just said it wasnt for a mainstream audeince or just not to his personal taste. There is nothing wrong with him jdging the game in its own right but then he shouldnt really have come out of his knowledge base.

12. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But that's not what he was judging the game on. He basically talked about the series....like once. You're probably butthurt at the "so bad its good" line referencing G1, which is pretty much spot on for anyone who isn't a Transformer fan.

Point is, he liked the game. I could care less if he disliked Transformers in other media. That doesn't mean he can't weigh in on what he thinks of the series otherwise.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Valk, where can I get a physical copy of EGM nowadays? I don't mind picking up one issue, but I don't want to subscribe. I had a subscription to EGM and then they died 3 months after I subscribed, so I don't want to pay 30 bucks for something that might not last long, lol

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    should be readily available in any stores that sell magazines. the ipass code will be on a card inserted into the magazine.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll run to Barnes in a bit. I wonder if the physical issue covers WFC also. Always loved EGM, glad to know they are printing again.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    it has a small, small section in the back. I think it's just one page.

Super Street Fighter IV is the main focus (and cover) of the issue.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool, thanks bro. Going to pick it up now.,

18. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prowl make sure to report back.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Easy setup to get the music. And as an old EGM fan, the new magazine looks sexy, and I hope it lasts.

Anyway. Music sounds good so far. Mix of synthetic, Rock and some orchestral, somewhat similar to the Armada game, but slightly more epic.

What appears to be the main theme is pretty grand-sounding. Not like The Arrival Grand, but pretty cool. Can't wait to see images with this.

edit: yeah, this is a resounding theme, appears to be the main theme.... almost Batmany

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  20. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OO I look forward to the rest of your report.