Editing the Movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Prime17, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    So we all know that Rotf was rushed and there were scenes in the drafts of the script like Optimus retrieving the Matrix from the Sun Harvester and him telling Megatron Primes are born not made. Some of us also want scenes in Dotm like the Twins deaths and a truce ending. So do you think Michael Bay and his crew should edit and make extended editions of the movies and if so what scenes would you like to add to them.

2. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    We're still discussing how there are no included deleted scenes involving robots, hoping for an extended cut.

3. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Bay was not able to film the scenes where prime tells megs that prims cannont be made and the scene where prime finds the matrix cause he had to finish filming on egypt fast

and No CGI models for the twins in DOTM were made, as tom kenny said he never recorded lines for skids thus ILM never made CGI Models for the twins.

i also doubt Bay ever filmed a scene where optimus accepts the truce

so i doubt these scenes will see the light of day

4. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

I dont want the truce ending...

5. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    THIS.

I want the "Megatron Blows Prime's Head Off and Bumblebee gets Shot with Sentinel's Rust Cannon Repeatedly" ending.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think ROTF actually would have been better if they removed every scene that would have had Devastator in it. The movie would be shorter, they'd save CGI costs, and there'd be one less useless villain.

7. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    No I want the "Megatron actually helps Optimus in fighting Sentinel and killing Sentinel before looking at Optimus and lunging at him. Then the scene we got with Optimus ripping out the spine" scene

8. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I want all the extra stuff that was filmed on DC. (like Sam and Lennox running around and more Dreads)

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    :bay  This! Love it. Like that momentary pause during Armada Prime/Galvatron's final battle. "Oh, and Prime...we haven't finished our little quarrel yet!" *lunge* Then we can have Megatron beating up Optimus, but then Optimus pulling a BW Dinobot and lunging at a surprised Megatron with his axe.

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

If Megatron dies, he looks like an idiot for killing Sentinel.

11. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Not really as if Sentinel won, any hope Megatron had of being leader again was shot, since he would have lost his big chance to attack him when his guard was down. Considering the shape he was in it's highly unlikely he'd be able to defeat Sentinel in a direct fight, if he later tried to take back command. That's assuming Sentinel doesn't just kill him off after the battle anyway as Sentinel seem to be ruthless enough to off anyone who even represented a possible threat, and Sentinel pretty much was willing to backstab everyone.

12. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Before I saw the film (over Christmas!) I thought I would want the truce ending as seen in the book and comic. But having seen the film, I think the ending is perfect. Megatron had participated in the killing of many humans (and Autobots) and been responsible for a centuries-old war... why the heck WOULD Prime suddenly shrug his shoulders and say "now you be a good boy from now on." He knew Megatron too well - and also knew Megs only took out Sentinel for his own ends, not to really help Prime.

As to the topic at hand, I don't want to see any additional scenes added in (though deleted scenes as extras are always welcome). The films are long enough as they are!

13. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    The main reason many people don't like it is because Megatron didn't put up a fight and just died within 5 seconds. A longer fight would have been better.

14. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    What I'm saying is that they can add new scenes like the ones I describe and also cut unneeded scenes while still keeping it 2 hours. What would you cut and what would replace.