Editing: Scenes that lacked "OOMPH"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

It's obvious that trailers are put together to entice and to get people excited about upcoming movies. Many teasers and trailers rely on “money shots” to accomplish this and ROTF is no exception.

But does anyone think that the editing in the trailers was superior to the movie itself?

For example, in the teaser that shows Prime on the bridge before he jumps on Demolishor, there’s no music playing. You hear the action taking place and Demolishor’s roars as he’s about to crash through.

Since ROTF was tabbed as being darker and more ominous (the teaser made it seem that way), would it have been more effective if the music was left out in the actual scene? I feel that the music drowned out the sound effects of Demolishor’s approach to the bridge and took away from the scene.

Can you find other examples of parts that lacked oomph?

2. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

Some of the scene cuts seemed very choppy - cant think of specific scenes at the moment - but I remember wondering at the time whether the projector at our cinema had a glitch.

3. Satomiblood

During the forest fight, which I really enjoyed, Megatron is talking about a new energy source. I think his dialogue at that particular moment was out of place.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At the theater I went through the roar and destruction of the bridge were so load you couldnt hear any music maybe your theater sucks?

Megatron always taunts prime during battle it fit fine

5. Satomiblood

But the thing is Megs wasn't taunting Prime. He was talking to Starscream and Mystery Helicopter about being able to find an energy source.

I watched the movie twice (in two different theaters). One of which has better sound quality. I got the same result.

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    then he asks prime why one human life isnt worth sacrificing it for the energon, the two lines are connected

7. Satomiblood

Even so, the dialogue there felt disconnected. Kind of like an awkward gap.

8. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I noticed the same thing with the finale fight - I pegged it down to Bay cutting to a dark interior to have some faceless army goon say "Received" or "Yes sir" after every time Lennox or Epps spoke into their radio. I mean, I get that Bay has a close working relationship with the military but after the 17th time I feel it should be implicit that theyve received and are going to go ahead.

It was jarring because it cut from bright white desert to dark/blue interior.