Non-TF: Ed McGuinness style Captain America

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Boggs6ft7, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I first saw this custom done over at Larsworld. http://lawrencesnelly.blogspot.com/ Check it out, I think he does cool stuff with action figures. The base figure is an Aquaman from the JLA Classified series and parts from John Stewart Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter.

When Lars did his, he smoothed out Aquaman's chainmail using resin. I'm not much of a sculpter and was afraid of what I might do, so I instead cut Aquaman's arms and torso off and replaced them with Green Lantern's. The boot cuffs are from Martian Manhunter, jus trimmed down some, the belt and gloves were made from Apoxie Sculpt, and the shield and wings came from a Series 1 Cap. I think the red looks funny in the pictures, I'm not sure if it was from the camera or PS, it looks a litter darker in person.

I'm pleased with the way he came out and I'm tempted to make more Avengers in the Ed McG style, probably Hawkeye next.

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Hey, not bad of Cap, I would like to see the new version. That will be sweet.

3. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

That's good, good stuff.

What's this resin you're talking about? I'd like to make a New Avengers Luke Cage. I have the base figure picked out (a WWE Bobby Lashley figure) but he has no shirt and no pants (just shorts and kneepads) and I figure that you can't just paint that sort of thing on....

4. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Lars used a liquid resin and used his hands to smooth is out over the body.

You might try Apoxie sculpt for something like that, just have to get it on really thin. The pants I would try just painting on, but for the shirt, you could put a thin layer of apoxie sculpt, then let it set up for about 45 minutes then take a xacto knife to trim out a shirt.