Ebola Syndrome (NOW ON DVD!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tinlunlau, Jul 25, 2007.

1. tinlunlau

tinlunlau Well-Known Member

It may seem like self-promotion since I did work on this particular American DVD release of this Hong Kong gorefest classic. But it's finally out on DVD for the American market courtesy of Diskotek Media. If you like sex exploitation and on-screen gore, then this movie is for you. check it out! There is even exclusive deleted scenes only for America. Screencaps of these deleted footage are available to see but I warn y'all that it's not exactly safe for work.

DVD review
    http://hkfilmnews.blogspot.com/2007/07/ebola-syndrome-dvd-review.html

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Swet. I might have to pick that up, I do love a good gorefest.
    However you might want to remove the link to the screencaps; it's not exactly safe for work, and there are some kids here.

3. tinlunlau

Hence the warning I had given from the start.
    By the way, the star of this movie (Anthony Wong Chau-Seng) is currently in Montreal with Brandon Fraser preparing for a big three-quel of a big Hollywood movie. I don't even think I need to mention what movie I'm talkin' about. (kinda sucks that Rachel Weisz isn't in it this time.)

By the way, I'm the one who made the "proper" English translated subtitles. Currently in negotiations with Jet Li and his crew so they can recommend me over to Media Asia. I've vouched myself to help out on the February 2008 DVD release of "The Warlords" starring Jet Li, Andy Lau and Takeshi Kaneshiro. Other than Jet, the other two may sound familiar to you guys out there. Andy Lau and Takeshi Kaneshiro worked together on "House of Flying Daggers". "Infernal Affairs" (in which Andy Lau starred in) and "Onimusha" (Takeshi Kaneshiro = Samanosuke) are some of the other works they're connected to. Nothing's confirmed and concrete yet but at least, Jet Li is well aware of me. That brightened up my day.

4. tinlunlau

*bump*

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ohhh, that's some big name Asia stars down there...plse post pictures if you have met with Jet Lee! I'm from Singapore by the way.

6. tinlunlau

No, I have not met Jet Li. The webmaster of jetli.com is speaking to Jet on my behalf over in China. I actually translated a fair bit of his live online chat in real-time as the chat was happening.

However, I have met Jackie Chan 3 times in the last 10 years. All my encounters with Jackie Chan have been in Toronto. I've worked on translating the special features for a couple of films for Jackie Chan. You might have read the English subtitles for the audio commentary in the Hong Kong dvd release of "The Myth" and "Rob-B-Hood". Those were mostly done by me. Well, not "Rob-B-Hood". I was too busy for that one but I did do a big chunk of it.