ebays f***ked up big time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ghost Prime, May 20, 2008.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

ok so i do alot of buying and selling on ebay and the feedback system is perfect in my eyes and also in alot of other peoples.
    For a start it shows how good a buyer/seller is and also the negative feedback really helps people seeing exactly what sort of person there dealing with. Ive seen afew members on there with okish feedback but then you notice ALOT of negative comments about SLOW delivery and stuff like that.

I tried to remove an old feedback i left for someone as they agreed to work out the problem with me........only i find that ebay has changed the entire 'star' 'feedback' system??? WTF!?

From now on you CAN NOT leave negative feedback OR neutral? WTF!? ok so if someone is basically a wanker and takes AGES to send an item i CANNOT MENTION THAT!? its a case of - leave good feedback......or none -
    what bell end at ebay said ' yeah thats a good idea, lets piss everyone off with that system that DOESNT WORK'

A deal that has previously gone wrong but which was working out for me has now been completely destroyed thanks to ebay rocking the boat for no REASON! why have these idiots changed a perfect method of showing people the type of buyer/seller there dealing with?

thanks to the crappy new rubbish system im NOT going to be able to tell 100% if a person im dealing with is actually a good dealer or not. Ive had had about 4 cases over the years since ebay started were ive seen PERFECT ebay sellers but once i got the item or had a problem with it ........... loss of communication with seller acures.
    So it shows even if a seller DOES have good ratings that they can still turn on you if something goes wrong and then be arseholes about it

Does anyone know what dumb arse at ebay has choosen to screw the system up?

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

You can't leave negative or Neutral for a Buyer, Seller Feedback is the exact same. Buyer's are now marked with Unpaid Auction demerets and have systems in place to keep buyers from demanding special privelages (an example was overnight shipping instead of standard) in exchange for not leaving negative feedback.

You can no longer mutaully agree to remove feedback.

Both of these are to keep people (mostly some sellers) from extorting negatives to be withdrawn and to keep them from punishing buyers who paid in full but are afraid to leave negative's since they'll most likley get one in return.

It's happened to me, paid instantly and I never recieved the item. Sent several emails and no response so I finally left a Negative feedback. I was told, by the seller, that he would reship if I agreed to remove the feedback and when I didn't/wouldn't was slapped with a negative myself. He told me it was my fault because I refused delivery and would reship if we mutaully withdrew the feedback. I still refused as he had several (atleast 20ish at the time) mutually withdrawn.

3. Delphan Rane

Delphan Rane TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sellers cannot leave negative or neutral for buyers.

Buyers CAN leave negative and neutral for sellers.

And DSR's (Detailed Seller Ratings) also help in determining how well a seller does business.

I do agree that it sucks that Sellers can no longer leave negatives for bad buyers.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I noticed that this morning and thought it was a pretty idiotic move. I never sell anything on the 'bay and I still think its asinine.

5. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    i wish i knew because i have already gotten screwed once already i love ebay but gosh! I am a good ebay buyer and seller

6. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

I just wish i knew what DICKHEAD said that this was a good move...
    seriously if they have a good system then why rock the boat?

Seven ive had afew situations like you have had but i always got ebay involved and 95% of the time they helped and got matters sorted out. I did leave negative for afew people who never sent me stuff after i paid for it and i sure as hell LET people KNOW the type of scum they were dealing with (mainly scousers were the bad ebayers, no suprise there then)

The few people i have had issues with its always been resolved and worked out thanks to ebay and the system. now the new system just sucks. It kinda seems like its saying 'you HAVE to BUY and SELL alot on here or else people will think YOUR lazy and a BAD ebayer' and then you get this whole stupid 'merit' thingy? really wtf is the point? its like taking a brand new Jaguar (the car) and then letting some inbread hill-billy scum make air holes in the bonnet of the car with a pick-axe

ebay - dumbest move of 2008? maybe

7. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's not really a dumb move, as the old system was not even the slightest bit accurate. No buyer would ever give negative or neutral feedback to a seller as the seller would just give retaliatory negative feedback right back to you regardless of what happened. Most sellers would hold on to their feedback until after the buyer had left theres. So essentially they held the buyer to feedback ransom.

Is this new system any better? I don't know. Maybe a bit?

8. seven

I prefer it to the old system. When I sold stuff I always left feedback the instant payment was made, their end was upheld and done.

I went through ebay and paypal when I got boned and both told me there was nothing I could do and to just accept it. I didn't much care but this new system is in place to keep seller's like that from continuing to do it.

You can still punish buyers who don't pay.

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    How does the unpaying bidder feedback thing work? Because I have an alert of being for an unpaid item from ebay. The seller says I didn't pay when I did, so I had to open a dispute with paypal to get my money back. So what will happen to my feedback if he can't leave me a negative?

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    If sellers can't leave negative, how do we know a buyer is a douche that never pays? My only negative came as retaliation from a buyer that did not pay, and when I left them a negative, they returned the favor. This new system does not stop this from happening to me again.

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
  12. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

seriously that IS bad.... i knew ebay had fucked up but this is seriously outa order. TheSpaceBridge has been selling on ebay for years now and i cant belive he got banned for 1 negative feedback

i dont mean this to sound racist but when anyone here has called ebay do you also get Pakistani people talking to you but who CANT speak a word of english aside from a few lines on the ebay policy thing? ive phoned up 7 times now to try and fix problems because of this NEW system and every time i call up i get a pakistani person answer the phone who CANT SPEAK ENGLISH!

the real sad thing is theres no other choice besides ebay... you can try afew online stores such as bbts and supercowimports ect ect but i always find these places rip you off big time and i find ebay is the only real choice to help fuel my hobby such as collecting fate stay night/xenosaga figures ect ect

Anyone here think we can merge together and make a better site than ebay that doesnt treat its customers like shit?
    thanks to ebays NEW settings i can no longer fix my problem with a seller and ive lost out on alot of money because of them so im not very happy

13. seven

There are systems in place to make sure seller's don't get boned.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200801290559182.html

They're also basing a lot on the little Star thingies (DSR?) that get filled out during the feedback process. This is there to discourage over pricing of certian things like shipping , porr packing, deceptive listings, and people that just take their time shipping the packages.

Honestly its abusable but the old system was much more so. In the long run its a better benefit than people being held hostage from shitty sellers and non-paying buyers who use negative's as a threat to keep their own score's up. Personally I think it has a lot more checks and balances to keep the bad ones in line and kicked off of ebay.

Are there hicups? Sure, every new system in something this large is bound to have them but they'll eventually work themselves out.

14. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

I too have been dealing with some ebay batshit. Last Friday I got an email saying I was involved in shill bidding, despite my last auctions closing weeks before and not being involved in any sort of fraudulent behavior during any part of my 8+ years. Ever since then it has been one disgusting customer service experience after another, as I work to rectify the situation and get an apology.

Making the situation even worse is that despite them accusing me- albeit falsely- they saw fit to continue allowing me to sell during the 14 day restriction as long as I use Buy-It-Now's, which cost up to 6 times more.

On top of this I had to take a 15 minute tutorial that was condescending as hell and accused me flat out of committing a crime.

I have escalated the matter to higher ups (Steve Oglethorpe) who promised some sort of action, but after a dozen emails, live chats, etc I am still right where I was when I began. Essentially they can accuse you of criminal activity with no cause, no explanation, and no recourse. The whole thing has been like chasing my tail.

For all of the details including chat logs and all emails go here:
    http://consumerist.proboards88.com/index.cgi?board=warning&action=display&thread=1361&page=2

I'm just about fed up with it, but still have a lot of loose toys I wanted to sell. I guess Craigslist is looking better and better.

15. freezowave

Also, what is really piss poor is that since much of the policing has been taken away from the end users it leaves eBay as the sole arbiter.

They are left to employ their hand-of-God customer service approach to shut accounts down without any real cause or reason. If you feel you are wrongfully acted upon you are screwed because there is ZERO transparency, the policing is completely arbitrary, and they don't need to give any explanations at all.

How employing this structure would be good for either buyer or seller would be beneficial is beyond me.

The new feedback system isn't going to change anything. Bad users will just find new loopholes within the rules to exploit- just like retalitory feedback.

16. Fortress_Maximus

Fortress_Maximus fortuna audaces iuvat

It is crap like this that makes me glad I sell directly to fans here and on other quality fansites!

I use to sell on evilbay but hated all of the deadbeat buyers! Wished evilbay would just autocharge their credit card the amount due for winning and add a fine. But alas this will never happen.

As for the craptacular feedback system the one on yahoo auctions is much better. For those who don't know you could change your negative to a neutral or positive which would easily address the concern over adverse feedback from buyers and sellers alike. Sadly again ebay just does not get it.

17. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

you can sell stuff on yahoo now? link?
    im guessing this moves pissed everyone off and i think the second someone makes an auction site like ebays but WITHOUT all the bullshit then i can i see alot of people leaving ebay for good

18. freezowave

Another thing that has been reported since ebay removed negative transactions for buyers is that they claim a money order was sent and cashed without product ever being sent. Then they proceed to leave a - for the seller who is essentially without recoourse.

So now the tables are reversed and sellers can work to extort buyers. The whole system is a sham.

19. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Yahoo Auctions in the US were closed down about a year ago. Some places still use them, like Japan.

I took a look at the eBay feedback discussion board, and wow, what a disaster. One of the most disgusting negatives a seller received was for using packing peanuts. The buyer didn't like them and finds them 'messy'. No mention of the product either. Yay, feedback abuse.

20. cannabisprime

cannabisprime Well-Known Member

Thanks for that feedback discussion thread; I read through some of the threads and I can't believe they're even contemplating getting rid of paper for payments as an alternative payment method.