eBays ever changing rules regarding Transformers Gun Mode figures.

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by optimus12380, Aug 17, 2011.

1. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

This thread isn't geared towards one particular auction or item, however I couldn't see any more fitting sub-forum to start this topic and open the debate. If this is a duplicate topic then my apologies, but it just seems eBay is getting ridiculous on some of their rules regarding expensive high end Transformers (and probably other toy lines) gun mode figures, like Megatron, Shockwave, or the Japanese Browning for example.

I listed my MP-05 with Upgrade kit, and as we all know Japanese figures and the older g1 figures didn't come with an orange plug that is required these days, which IMO is asinine at that in regard to certain toys like Transformers. However we could digitally add that to our pics IE photoshop or some other photo editing program, because let's face it...who in their right mind would bust open a MISB AFA'ed Megatron to put an orange cap on it to adhere to eBay's rules? But now I get the message that even that is not enough...

You recently listed the following listing:

320745686972 - Transformers Masterpiece MP-05 MEGATRON w/ Upgrade MIB

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

Although the cap gun you listed is incapable of firing real bullets, it needs to have a blaze orange plug or marking permanently affixed to the tip of the barrel to distinguish it from an actual firearm in order to be sold on our site. Based on the images in this listing, the tips of the gun and attachment appear to have been digitally edited to color them orange. We realize you may not have been aware of these rules and we've issued a full credit of any listing fees you were charged for this item. If you choose to relist, please keep the issues identified in this notice in mind.

Due to the volume of listings that exist on eBay at any given moment, it is not always possible for us to catch everything that may be prohibited. If you see any similar listings that may also violate policy, please help us by reporting the items so we can address them as well.

Any thoughts?

2. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    So.... You digitally colored the guntips orange, and eBay caught you, and you're mad? Or am I misreading this?

I just wouldn't sell it on eBay. Why pay their fees? I only use it from time to time anymore. I bet someone would buy it here.

3. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

I've had it listed on here...bottom line is, I could give a fuck if eBay caught me or not and certainly don't feel I broke any damn law or rule, every one and their mother does it for any version of Megatron...however the fact that it even needs to be done is asinine and a stupid rule regardless, because vintage toys or those sold in other countries IE Japan don't have orange plugs on them and in most cases physically putting an orange plug on it is not an option...IE see my example of the AFA G1 Megatron or how else does one put an orange plug on the box itself IE MP-05's box?!?! But again, this is why America is a fucked up country...I know if I don't love it then leave and trust me I am trying to, that's why my shit is for sale.

4. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    yeah ebay is fucked.

but it is their network so their rules...they have their lawyers running the show crazy scared since the lawsuits over the KO purses and tiffany lamps...