Ebaying TF's

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Swiftstalker, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Swiftstalker

Swiftstalker Member

What are your opinions on the current state of ebaying Transformers? I have a bunch that are only taking up space at my house, and a LOT taking up my Mom's garage. One of my prize peices is mail-away Reflector, complete with the original packaging. Do you think it's best to post them individually, small batches, one giant lot? I'd thought about trying to cash in on the pre-movie hype, but that seems to have snuck past me here.

Not trying to be evil and money-grubbing, just want to help pay the mortgage and recoup some of the thousands I probably spent on toys. Just curious if you all had any thoughts or strategies you'd like to share.

Thanks!

2. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You'd probably get the most for Reflector if you listed it on eBay by itself . Searching completed items will give you an idea of it's potential worth.

As for the others, it depends which items they are, but most complete good condition G1 toys are sought after regardless of what period of G1 they came from. The market for TFs has soured a little in the case of items that were reissued, otherwise demand is generally high.

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I personally like putting them individually but I hate when people try to price gouge for a product that is still on store shelfs. For example, TF Classics which are still available at target for $10 are going for $25 on ebay. That, I do not like so with my items I put them up for regular store price and see what they are bid up to or if they have a Buy now option, I usually put them for a dollar more and thats it.

4. Swiftstalker

Swiftstalker Member

Oh ja, I feel the same way about stuff currently in stores. I'm not posting anything newer that Beast Wars.

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    A lot of the older stuff - anything from the Generation 1 series (i.e., stuff before Beast Wars) will net you between $20-$100, depending on its condition and how many accessories, guns, parts, etc. You still have for each character.

Rework - who is a regular here - has a great parts identification page, and there's also www.tfu.info, if you can't figure out who's who.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Along with that there's also some oddball G1 pieces that will score much higher... the Reflector you said you had being one of them... depending on the condition you could get a crap load for it. Here's two different auctions currently running.

MIP Reflector #1

MIP Reflector #2

Note that while the first one has 3 days left to go on it still it's got 17 bids and has been bid close to $500. While the second one only has five house left, but hasn't broken the $100 mark. Of course, it looks like the first guy whose auction still has three days left put more money into his listing too. That's another thing. If you think you have an item that people are going to jump all over than it's sometimes worth investing the money to get it the maximum exposure you can afford.

Than, of course, there's guys like Fortress Maximus and Jetfire (though complete Jetfire's seem to be going for closer to $200 compared to the $300 plus I saw them going for when I first started looking for one).

7. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd think if you want to maximize how much you can get for them, post them on ebay individually. Unless there's some really unfavorable figures which you may want to include in a more favorable figure's auction just to get rid of it (if thats your intent)

8. Swiftstalker

Swiftstalker Member

Cripes! I had seen one go for $250 a while back but dang. *Makes note to get out digital camera tonight*

Thanks for the tips, you might see them pooping up soon!

9. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol  "pooping" :lolol 

10. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    You may not get as much for them if this is the case.

11. Swiftstalker

Swiftstalker Member

Why do think my mom wants them out of her house?!

Heehee, oops! I could edit the post, but where's the fun in that?

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So... am I to deduce that you swallowed you Transformers whole as a child and than pooed them out whole as well? :lol 

13. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

more respect for complete pieces.

less money for lots on each given character? so it better be a strategic lot lol.

pure rapeage for individual sale's

clear pics help alot.

14. Swiftstalker

Swiftstalker Member

[​IMG]

This got in my head as soon as I discovered the typo. My wife crocheted the poo. They're filled with lavender and she calls them "poo-pouri"

So if I get you all right, it's better to make a little scratch off each figure individually, and hope that it adds up to more than a big lot?

Of course, Reflector's going up on their own.

15. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol  :lolol  :lolol  I peed, just a little. :eek: