eBaying Masterpeice Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Crashbot, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Crashbot

Crashbot Member

Hey guys,
    Just wondered if anyone had any advice for me.
    I listed on eBay today; Masterpiece Prime, Masterpiece Megatron and the JustToys Op trailer and Megs stock/die-cast upgrade sets. Really, don't want to sell but needs must.
    A Couple of hours later the listing was removed 'cos of the whole gun thing. :( 
    Does anyone know if this is just an algorithm catching them out, and is there anyway to improve your chances? I did mention 'stock' and 'silencer' in the text, if I remove all gun related words from the listing will that evade the net, or do they have a blanket ban on Megs? There are a couple that have been on eBay for a few days.

Alternatively, anyone want to buy that lot? ;) 

A thought just occurred to me, if they are keyword searching 'Megatron', maybe 'Decepticon Leader' might work?

2. T.F. Allen

T.F. Allen Formerly known as Krem

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    You just need to show that he has an orange tip and you're fine, I think. Heck, I've seen listings where it's clearly an orange piece of paper rolled up inside the barrel if you look for more than two seconds. It also helps to not show a picture of his gun mode.

3. Crashbot

Crashbot Member

Thanks for your reply Krem,
    Do you know if this actually works in the UK? I know the orange cap replica firearm laws in the US don't apply here, from a legal standpoint orange caps are pretty meaningless in the UK, but do eBay accept that? I'm hoping the answer is yes. ;) 

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I need to sell my G1 Megatron somehow and I'm having the same problem. I'm in the Uk so it is an issue here as well.

5. Crashbot

Crashbot Member

6. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it still doesn't work just edit the pictures so that all images of Megatron's gun mode has the orange tip, even if it's on the box. I've done that with the original G1 counterpart, and I've not gotten in trouble.