Ebay vs. Junkion Exchange

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Seaspray, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Seaspray

Seaspray TFW2005 Supporter

I'm in the process of getting rid of my collection, I'm not looking to make a profit and I probably won't break even but I need the room and I'm tired of collecting.
    That said, the TF auctions on Ebay look pretty lackluster.
    I've got a lot of Japanese book-style reissues, lots of G1 loose figs, Hasbro G1 re-issues and a few EHobby items, plus some odds and ends.
    (I'm not even bothering with the A/E/C and Animated figs - they're just going to Goodwill)
    In your opinions would I be better off selling on Ebay or on here? If I can get enough for a couple of iPhones and a little pocket cash I'll be happy.

2. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

try selling it over at the junkion first, then just sell what's left on ebay.

3. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Try here first, to save the 12-15% in fees to eBay and Paypal. (Make sure to list prices on your items in the JE to lessen the private messages.)

Also, for the Transformers you're thinking of parting with via donation, check locally in Portland with members (the Sightings thread or Oregon Social Club, specifically) as it could involve a simple meet-up for exchange. I know I would be interested in buying a couple of Animated figures and possible A/E/C molds, too.

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    do junkion 1st because you know the figures are going to loving fans and people are always friendly and not likely to scam you. the ebay for the stuff that does not sell.

5. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

see what happens here first. Give us a few weeks. Then eBay and then goodwill.

6. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    ebay will be faster...just start items at the minimum that you will accept for an item...Hope this does not piss anyone off...but there are tons of cheap bastards on this board and you will waste lots of time with people making low ball offers on your stuff...

SO ...if you have the time..and do not mind the process of people PMing offers to you and possibly lowballing you...then try the boards here first...ebay will get rid of stuff faster...but you have the fees that come with ebay...

7. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Easy way to not have people trying to make low ball offers, set a price on it. The key behind people who low ball, is most of the time, they don't know what it is worth. People can check ebay all day long, but in the end, there is no telling if ebay will do justice. When people selling just say, make me offer, they are subjectifying themselves to it, by not establishing any price. So I hope this does not piss anyone off, but please put prices in your sales thread and you can avoid low balling.

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have to disagree. No offense but I find it hard to take seriously from someone that joined last month. It's not as bad as you posted. I sold tons of stuff real fast on the Junkion Exchange. As what the OP said, he's not in it to make a profit and want to make room. That was the situation that I was at a few months back. In my 1st 2 weeks I got rid of 2/3 of the stuff I wanted to get rid of. Just stick to your guns on what the price you want. I do have one suggestion. If you want to get rid of your stuff, don't hold items for an extended period of time for someone. That prevents from someone that has the money to buy it right away. Especially the desirable stuff.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  9. withprecision

withprecision Well-Known Member

i might be interested in some of your A/E/C stuff! if you have energon downshift i will love you forever if you let me buy it! i could also take some minicons off your hands if you're getting rid of any =]

10. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    This.

11. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I don't ever get a ton of lowball offers. I find that there are a lot of knowledgeable people on these boards, b/c they are collectors, and they also like to get good deals. I've given really good deals, and I've gotten them here. Just a nicer place to make deals if you ask me, F Ebay.

12. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    two weeks here, the ones that don't sell, ebay them, you might be left with 10 figures after that. let people know you are only leaving them on here for a set amount of time, if they want them, they will buy them faster that way

13. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are quite a few people who like A/E/C and Animated, so you should give a shot selling it here. I'm looking for the Energon Constructicons if you have them and want to get rid of them.

14. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Maybe I spoke too soon, someone just offered me $35 for my MP Prime...

15. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    Most folks that have OBO on their prices have somewhere in their sales posts for folks to knock off lowball offerings...

16. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I too would be interested in the A/E/C and Animated stuff, it's not like they're worthless, unless your collection of them is tiny. As for the rest of the stuff, I'd advise first trying the Junkion and then eBay if that doesn't pan out.

17. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ebay will be faster, and possibly move more stuff.
    Junkion will ensure your stuff goes to fans, plus if you do someone here a favor, you'll probably get it back somehow, its happened to me numerous times.

As to the lowball offers. Those are easily avoided, just put prices on your stuff

18. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    I have to agree with the general consensus - put them here first, give them a set amount of time, give them prices, and most should move. Put the rest on eBay, start the bidding at $0.99, and you'll get a fair price for them.

-Silvershot

19. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with G1 Cindersaur. Whenever I have tried to sell my stuff on Junkion 99 times out of 100 all I would get is lowball offers. And I'm not talking about a little bit less than what the item is worth, I'm talking a quarter of the value or less in nearly all cases. In the end I stopped trying and let my sales thread die because it just seemed that everyone was taking the piss.
    For that reason I'm putting some boxed/carded G1 figures up on eBay later today because it seems that most TFW members who use the junkion seem to think that because we're all on the same board that I will sell them my mint and rare stuff on the cheap.

As a disclaimer, I do just want to add that it is only a handful of people I'm referring to as 'cheap'. I know there are hundreds of users on these boards and I must have got around 10-15 offers for things like my MIB G1 Roadbuster, but not a single one of those offers was taken seriously. $100??? :lol 

20. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Now THAT is some serious low-balling! :redface2: 

I've received relatively low-balling offers from some of the boys on the board, to the extent whereby I can't even believe if those figures/numbers even existed in the first place. Either that or I must be sleepwalking while answering PMs. :lol 

I think some of us here had conveniently forgotten that there's a thin line between whatever you wanted to pay for items against whatever the item's worth (at least on eBay or some other open market sources.) :drunk