Ebay Trademark violations.

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by TwoKingMick, Aug 7, 2006.

1. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Hello all. I recently cancelled an ad I had on TFieds because it was seeing no action. It was for an oversized prowl style knockoff, reshelled as a Hyundai Grandeur. I decieded to put it on ebay instead, with a slight price decrease ($15). I pretty much just copy/pasted the TFieds ad, but added a little more detail to the description, becuase we all know what a mine field eBay can be if you're vague. Here is the original ad.

http://www.tfieds.com/detail.php?siteid=1847

Anyway, within one day, and after about 50 hits, the auction was taken down by eBay, and i got a message about trademark protection. Why did this happen? There are hundreds and hundreds of KO's on eBay at any given moment. This in no more or less legal than the JustiToys WST dynobots, or any of the famous WST or Cassetbot KO's.

So why was this particular auction taken down? Would someone have reported it? Did an eBay staff member come across it? Was it a bot, designed to get rid of KO's?

Anybody any insights, or previous experience? How can i sell it on eBay without getting it removed again?

Thanks in advance,

Mick

2. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Since this topic was getting no replies I went ahead and mailed eBay. Will I ever get a response from them, or am I just wasting my breath? I just can't understand why it happened, there are literally thousands of TF knockoffs on eBay at the moment.

3. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Did you put the word "Knockoff" in the title or description? If so, that may be why they pulled it.

4. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Never, EVER state that you are selling a knockoff or bootleg. Call it a replica, a remake, or a reproduction.

Include clear pictures, and buyers will know what you mean.