EBay: "This seller is currently away and is not processing orders at this time"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Optimus1138, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's this item I want to get on eBay, but at the top, it says "This seller is currently away until July 17, 2012, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later." I tried to buy it, but it said that the transaction could not be completed.

I've conducted various searches on eBay in which the item should have come up, but it wasn't there. I also clicked on the seller's name to see what else they were selling, and it said they had no items for sale. I can only get to the item because I bookmarked its page. When I visit it, it doesn't say anything about being sold.

What's happening exactly? Does the seller being away mean that eBay won't let anyone buy the item, or has someone bought it but it didn't register in the system for some reason?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

"This seller is currently away until July 17, 2012, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later."

English, learn to comprehend it. {in my best Sam Jackson voice}

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Basically it means the seller has put all his items for sale on EBay on hold and they cannot be bought until he returns from where he has gone to.

4. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok. That's what I had figured, but my dad thought that someone else might have already bought it, so I wanted someone else's opinion.

5. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Send the link so we can take a look at it. Your testimony may be... unreliable.

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it seems just like what it says not sure what made you think that it was already purchased, if it was it would say ALREADY PURCHASED

My only thing would be why would a seller bother to put something on ebay if they were going to be gone?

7. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Some people have multiple of the same item for sale and use the buy it now feature with a listing extended for many months. So lets say they have items on ebay listed that way and want to take a vacation... Instead of removing all listings they just "suspend" the sales of the items until they return. Now this may not be the case in this event but it is one possible explanation.

8. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was because when I tried to buy it, it said something like "Sorry, the transaction cannot be completed. The item may already have been purchased." I figured that it was because the item was deactivated due to the seller being gone (since the item's page didn't say anything about being sold), but my dad thought that it might have been sold and it didn't register properly with eBay's system.