Ebay suspension

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Former_Cerberus, May 20, 2008.

1. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have had problems with this seller as well. Last summer I had won a few auctions from her that end on the same weekend. Then I won a 2 or 3 more the next weekend. She clamed that everything was shippied in 1 package, which it was not. tracking number and date of shippment was the day before the 2nd set of autcions had ended. Then a 2nd package showed up with some of the winning items, and a few things that I did not win. I wrote her an explained a 2nd package came in but did not have all the correct items. At 1st she camed that the correct items were ship to the correct winners. I had to contact the winner of the other auction, and we had to ship the correct items to each other. All we had asked was to give us a discount off the next winning auctions for the amount of shipping the correct items. But what she did was banned both me and this other guy from ever bidding on her auctions again.

2. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Claws Out!

It's a hair-pulling,face slapping,dress tearing,catfight between tfw board members next on Jerry Springer!

3. skywarprime

skywarprime DHARMA

I was not "trolling", you are simply saying that because you've been caught up posting a line of bullshit. It pisses me off when people post ridiculous nonsense like you have, if there was any sort of truth to it you'd be posting links to eBay policy like others have in this thread.

In fact I don't believe for one second that you have to "let buyers out of the deal" in the the UK.

Post the link to eBay policy or STFU and quit telling buyers it's OK to back out of the deal when everyone else KNOWS IT'S NOT.

4. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

I second this. Without proof you are going no where Red Leader :horse: 

5. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I'm actually not sure on this. As a curio - say I'm searching on ebay.co.uk and I buy something from an international seller, since I'm using the UK site, I'd imagine it's governed by their rules?

Skywarprime - you don't need to get so aggressive by the way :)  International trade is full of grey areas, and I suspect this is one of them.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/your-return-policy.html

There ya go. Looks like the item has to be paid for before the buyer can back out though.

See, we don't need to get so pent up now do we? A 10 second search was all it took. Now let's all calm down and get some cookies and milk.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'm not even going to comment on your behaviour in this thread other than to roll my eyes. As for your demand, see below, pal.
    O RLY.
    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/your-return-policy.html
    And I quote:
    You wanted it, there it is.
    You're wrong, he isn't. YOUR turn to STFU now. And I think an apology to Red Leader for you appalling behaviour and shitty attitude towards him wouldn't go amiss either.

7. Erector

News Credits:
    me and Draven win this thread for posting the same stuff at the same time

*high fives Draven*

8. skywarprime

skywarprime DHARMA

What you are posting is a return policy and has nothing to do with the issuance of non-paying bidder strikes.

9. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

10. Erector

News Credits:
    I think you'll find we're posting this as a result of:

You wanted proof? there ya go, skippy.

11. Erector

News Credits:
    Interesting, clearly due to one being a US site and one being a UK. I imagine that australian, german etc. sites have similar discrepancies.

As I said above - I wonder what happens when you buy from a US seller off the UK site? is he / she governed by the site they registered on, or the site the buyer bought from? This becomes especially relevant if a seller lists on international sites, rather than buyers just looking worldwide.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Ohhhh no you don't, smiler:
    We gave you exactly what you wanted.

13. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks for the verbal nastiness, if you were that perturbed by the whole returns thing there was nothing stopping you logging into ebay UK and checking was there.

as for the info cheers Pete :)  , cheers John :)  its much appreciated

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  14. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. So basically on ebay UK The seller has an obligation to offer a return on goods bought within 7 days.

Like you said though, you must first have paid for the item.

Now that this has all been cleared up, lets get back to the point...in the U.S. that policy does not exist. So DIT123 didn't do anything wrong, and Cerberus should have paid. Thats what I took from all this :2c: 

15. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, thats about right which we was accepted by myself on page 2 or 3 skywarprime just decided to go off on a tangent and ignore it :) 

16. Roddimus Prime

Roddimus Prime Destined For Greatness

i always looked at it as most of the time these sellers possibly have the same interest as me in case of transformers so if a valid reason can be given and payment of fees to list i just figure isn't that good enough then they don't go away empty handed i've bought a few things through ebay that haven't arrived but i did'nt go crying about it either i think paying listing fees is fair enough if you don't pay.