Ebay suspension

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Cerberus, May 20, 2008.

1. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

Ok I know I havent been around long enough to be ranting and raving but at the same time I am hoping that this message gets across to people.

I recently had planned on buying a set of original predacon figures off ebay. When browsing I found some from the seller DIT138. I had emailed her and discussed things to which I thought things would go swimmingly whatever way it went.

Now I've recently been off work sick with PTSD and have lost a hell of a lot of income. So I had to cancel a lot of things including buys on ebay. I hadnt sent anyone any money yet and asked them nicely to cancel the auctions and hope that there wouldnt be any bad blood between us. All of the sellers were very understanding except for DIT138 who decided to make life hell for me (as well as highly humiliating) by making out it'd virtually be IMPOSSIBLE to cancel any auctions.

This had gone on for a few weeks and I had been in touch with Paypal and Ebay and they both told me to request her to cancel the auctions. Again tried that with no success.

Now yesterday I recieved some emails from ebay saying that she had filed a complaint against me saying I had ignored all unpaid item requests and had not contacted her once over any of it, and now I have been banned from ebay.

Ok I admit I was in the wrong for not paying but How was I to know that I would be sent off work from my boss with this problem that I have? and frankly I believe I've been treated pretty unfairly by ebay as they were so eager to ban me rather than listen to my side of the story rather than DIT138.

So yeah all I can say is DONT deal with her. She'll make your life a living hell and if she doesnt get things her way, she'll throw a tantrum until she does.

I have no idea what to do now because I used ebay for a lot of things other than my transformers collecting. *sigh*

2. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that sucks, go complain to ebay some more :p 

3. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    create a new ebay account...

4. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

Fisrt off I hope you get well soon

Second, I understand why you are upset with the seller, but it is up to the seller to choose wheather or not to cancel your auction bid. They didn't do anything against the rules, but they do end up looking unfriendly and rude.

I have used them several times with no problems. They have a ton of TF stuff

5. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

I would but that goes against ebays ruling under the suspension. :(  *sigh*

6. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I dont understand them at the moment you know, DIT138 is a business seller and therefore technically you have the right to not complete the sale, bizarre :) 

7. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    If you are married or have any brothers or sisters get them to make an account and then use it. There are ways around it.

8. unicrons_hammer

unicrons_hammer Banned

basically welcome to the world of ebay...You bid on it( the auction or auctions) and per ebay TOS (terms of service) each bid is a binding contract...the seller chose not to cancel your bid...since she filed the Non pay complaint...that is the process for you to work it out (basically gives you a little more time to pay for the stuff) and at the end of that time if you did not> NPB strike...three of those and you are off ebay....

that is all that ebay sees and cares about....

9. skywarprime

skywarprime DHARMA

You bid you pay.

You bid you pay.

You bid you pay.

You bid you pay.

You bid you pay.

You bid you pay.

You bid you pay.

You bid you pay.

You bid you pay.

You bid you pay.

You bid you pay.

10. Roddimus Prime

Roddimus Prime Destined For Greatness

i got in trouble aswell and i recently had a few removed by just paying the listing fees which is what you get back when an unpaid item strike is received and i think DIT138 is usually very highly priced but they have alot of stuff i have dealt with them for a few bits n pieces.

11. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

Creative response.

anyways....

Yeah I do understand the terms that ebay want you to comply with but at the end of the day, like Red leader stated, I have the right not to complete the transaction. Especially with whats happened recently. What more can I say, I can't exactly plan out when I'll be off work sick. If I could then that's pretty much guaranteed that I'm off every christmas and new year.

12. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Are we using the same eBay? The eBay I use doesn't give me the right to not complete a transaction without negative consequences and any bids are binding. This is why people SHILL BID opposed to retracting bids as retracting bids = suspended account.

If getting sick at work will restrict your income to make it so you can't afford eBay purchases, then don't bid until you have saved up money to complete your purchase.

13. skywarprime

skywarprime DHARMA

He is incorrect.

A bid or BIN is a contract, fail to pay and you break that contract.

Do it 3 or 4 times and you get your ass kicked off eBay, so you can't mess up more seller's auctions, tie up their cash and force them through the exceedingly painful non-paying bidder process.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    And yet eBay has done away with the seller's ability to neg people. WTF.

15. skywarprime

skywarprime DHARMA

Well draven, I personally wouldn't neg a non-payer anyways... as shown in this thread strikes are what counts.

Don't pay: get a strike

Get 3 or 4 strikes: get your ass handed to you. :p 

16. unicrons_hammer

unicrons_hammer Banned

WTF??

how do you figure this? if you bid and win = you pay...that is the way ebay rolls...there is no category in ebay that a buyer does not have to pay if they decide not too... that gets you a NPB strike....

17. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I hate to correct you but if your a business seller you are obliged by law to offer a refund and cooling off policy to ALL buyers if your using the buy it now option which DIT does in fact use. All users listed as business sellers had to change their return policy, if what cerberus says in this thread is true then its not a nice thing to do to put in a non payment strike when the mutual withdrawl procedure could be used with both parties being released from the deal.

The culture of not believing all and sundry when they cannot pay for an item is whats wrong with ebay, some abuse it some dont, if cerberus had placed an order with any one else on the internet then he would be entitled to withdraw from the deal without payment or ask for a refund or credit.

18. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Well if this is 'law' (not aware ebay had laws) you can then point out official documentation on eBay's site that this is how it works right? I can find nothing that says 'stores' are somehow not held to the same rules as everyone else'

This is all I can find:
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/questions/retract-bid.html

And they say there *IS* no Bid Retraction policy for Buy it now. You bid you pay.

And how can a withdrawal be mutual when the seller does not want to withdraw? The reason OP got a strike was he gave a 'reason' and his reason while tragic is illegitimate and breaks eBay rules.

19. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I'm a business seller and ebay uk state you must offer a 14 day money back refund policy therefore your not held accountable to the ''bid you buy'' rules they used to have, go check out UK trading standards and you will see what I mean, if a full refund policy is offered in line with your countries trading laws then all the buyer has to do is pay then state they have changed their mind and the seller must refund, its their obligation under the new rules

Its not like cerberus doesnt have a valid excuse, he asked to be excused from the sale and the seller wont lose anything if the withdrawl forms are sent, its just plain nasty to give an unpaid strike if you can get your fees back and the buyer is still communicating with them.

20. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    While I do feel for your situation - it's obviously not the first time you've had a problem not paying (or another negative transaction) on ebay.

They don't ban you from the site for one infraction. Maybe a suspension, at most, but not an outright ban. Evidentally you must have done something in the past to get a lighter under your ass. Now you have to deal with the consiquences. It sucks but that's how the cookie crumbles.