eBay: Should I entertain a 0 feedback buyer?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by VE Telus, Jul 27, 2011.

1. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have an item on sale that is currently at the $200 mark. A new buyer, who registered the day of my auction listing with 0 feedback, has contacted me repeatedly wanting to buy the item, and asking for permission to bid.

Should I allow it?

As a buyer, I know that eBay and Paypal policies really protect me in case something goes wrong. As a seller, I feel those protections are stripped. If the buyer comes through with a Paypal payment, and I ship using a trackable method, am I protected? Is it safe?

Thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Caveat emptor. If you want to sell to a guy with no positive cred whatsoever, any problems you incur are your own fault, frankly.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Every buyer had zero feedback once.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I have no problem unless it's a high dollar auction.

If they message me then i allow it.

5. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah, go for it. if he pays quick, then i wouldnt worry, fully insure it, get delivery confirmation, and you should be alright.....unless its international.

6. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    I have more problems with people who have 10 ~ 20 feedback than I do with people that have 0 feedback.

7. VE Telus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's an international buyer from HK. With a name like firescrew###, I just don't know. On the one hand, I feel like I wouldn't have a problem if it were set up like an online store, and a brand new customer checks out an item in the cart. Still, I feel uneasy, and am just very torn.

8. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I just sold to a 0 feedback buyer last night. And he paid instantly. Although, he forgot to change his address on Paypal and I had already mailed to his old address. But he admitted that it was his fault though, and he's just going to get it from his old building. Didn't seem to be any problem from the guy.

As long as a 0 feedback person pays right away, it shouldn't be a big deal. Just track the package.

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just remember that we all were at 0 feedback. If no one sold to 0 Feedback buyers then there wouldn't be any more Ebay.

Caveat Emptor as always however. I'd be a little worried if it was a high dollar auction, but you never know. I'll be willing to give a guy a break and take the chance myself.

10. VE Telus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To get a sense of this eBayer, here's a collection of the messages he's sent:

I know, we all started at 0, and someone believed us at the beginning. I'll sleep on it.

11. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The hardest thing with 0 feedback bidders for me is not them reporting damage or what not, it's trying to get them to pay for it. For example, I have a current no feedback buyer that I'm worried about, he won 9 auctions totaling $332.45 BEFORE shipping.

12. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    nah, HK buyer....nope. Wouldnt do that with 0 feedback. Is it the afa'd 75 pepsi prime that he's wanting?

13. Drift

Drift Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whta's that worst that can happen, he doesn't pay so you re-list it. A minor inconvience. Just make sure you ship after he pays and have a tracking number in case he files a paypal dispute.

Sorted

14. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Then you have buyers that think you just shill bid on the item(if it's a bidding auction not a BIN only one), and they'll turn away from your auctions

15. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I say give him a try. If what he says is true then he's obviously very committed to buying the item from you. All the low feedback bidders I've had recently (feedback of 0-5) have been great to deal with, all the problems I've had have come from people with very high feedback because they know Ebay's rules inside and out.

As someone else said, if he doesn't pay, just relist it. If he does pay and you send it trackable to his verified address then you're covered.

16. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now I could be wrong since I'm not a seller. But to me, between a seller and a buyer in term of getting ripped off, why should I care if a buyer has 0 feedback or not. As a seller, if the 0 bidder doesn't pay, then he ain't getting his item. So in that sense, sure let him bid. You're not loosing anything other than time.

Me, I'm more concern bidding from seller who got 0 feedback. He got my money and if the item doesn't arrive, then the pain to open the dispute with paypal.

17. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i would say let him bid at your own risk...too much of a chance that he could file a not as described claim...get ebay to issue him a refund...and mail you back mangled shit in a box.

18. ReBirth

ReBirth Banned

IMHO...you should let him bid. If he wins, ship via EMS which is fast, insurable, provides tracking and must be signed for upon delivery - your "Seller Protection" would be fully covered.

19. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    dont do it.