Ebay shipping labels

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by UnicronHound, Mar 4, 2011.

1. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anybody else having problems with eBay's shipping labels? Tonight is the third label I've had to void in the past month, at first I thought, ok maybe it's because my computer was a piece of shit, well last week I bought a brand spanking new computer with windows 7, and all the latest updates of stuff like adobe, java, and all that crap. I go to print an international shipping label but of course, it doesn't print so I'm out another $14 for the next 15-21 days, and I guess it would be "wrong" of me to just hold onto the item until I get m refund now wouldn't it?. If anyone's wondering the first label was also an international one, and the second was domestic, I'm really getting tired of this crap, so far they've taken over $50 and I've only received $30 back so far.

2. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

I hate printing Labels through eBay. I just go straight to PayPal. Those PayPal printed labels register fine with eBay. You don't need to use their direct label printing system.

EDIT: I might be misinterpreting you, but I believe you are talking about printing labels through the shipping options on the My eBay page. Am I right?

3. UnicronHound

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, most of the time they print out fine, then these 3 happen & it's annoying as hell. I'm about ready to give up on eBay labels and just go to the post office.

4. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    if you have an APC (automated postal center) in the lobby of the post office box section of your post office...you can bang out several packages with the delivery con printed on the postage label in less than 4 to 5 minutes...and then slap the labels on the boxes...and drop them in the package part of the APC...done.

that is how i mail...several times a week ...during lunch or before going to work.

5. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you tried the reprint label option? You can reprint them within 24 hours. When my labels mess up I usually use that option and it's fine.

It's cheaper to print them online. There's a discount and you get free delivery confirmation on priority mail.

6. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    bullshit on being cheaper...once factoring the labels and ink for your printer...tell me what is cheaper...your way plus computer supplies and costs of labels...or having the USPS foot the bill for the ink and labels?

i believe my way you save $$$...not your way.

7. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    As mentioned, isn't there a reprint option? Also, when I print at home, I typically save the label first as a PDF so it can be filed in a folder and reprinted, if needed, past the 24 hour limit.

You don't have to print on a label, though.

I print at home on paper and use packing tape over the label. The minuscule amount of printer toner, a couple of pieces of packing tape, and the piece of paper amount to a, at most, a few pennies.

8. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

The costs of label printing and such are minimal. I cannot imagine any more than 15 cents total. And that is being generously high. Considering you save at least 61 cents on DC, I'd say at-home printing is the best option. Plus you don't have to worry about lines. If you are concerned about the ink, print in economy mode.

Moreover, you might not even have to stop at the post office. The postal service will come to your house and pick up all your boxes. Of course there needs to be at least one priority mail package. That can be a pain. However, if you are good friends with your mail person, you may be able to avoid that.

9. Shockwave-the-Magnificent

Shockwave-the-Magnificent Plus-size Class

I miss the HELL out of those kiosks! I live in the sticks (Scottsburg, Indiana) and they've never even heard of them. It was so much easier.

10. UnicronHound

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I agree about the APC, but only problem is you can't do international packages.

11. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well you're entitled to your beliefs, but you must be using expensive ink and paper if you think it costs more. An ink cartridge is about $30, a pack of paper like $5 and some tape $3. On Priority mail delivery confirm is free so that's $.80 saved plus usually another $1 or $2 on postage. I can print a lot more than 10 to 20 labels off my ink, paper, and tape. Plus my time is valuable and I hate being stuck behind some idiot that doesn't know how to use the APC.