Ebay shenanigans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kjyl, Sep 16, 2012.

1. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

Not really sure if this is the proper board for this, but here goes.

So a bit of an an odd thing has happened to me today.

I purchased on of the KO fansproject Shadow Scythers on Ebay, and today they not only removed the listing, but removed it from the stuff I had purchased pile with a note that implied it was a scam and I should open a case on it.

I did so, writing that I still wanted the toy, but if all else failed I wanted my money back. The case resolved remarkably quickly and I got my money back. But I also received a message from the guy who I bought it from saying he sent it, with a tracking number that seems to go nowhere.

The problem is I seem to have no way to contact the seller, if it does indeed show up. Ebay has nuked both the listing and the sellers account so nothing feeds back to him. I don't want to rip someone off, but basically, wut do?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    odds are likely you won't ever see the item- if the tracking # is a dead end.

but, if you do, and there's no way to contact the seller, then mark it up to Fate blessing you.

i think getting your money back ended the whole situation, so be happy. feel lucky.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Wouldn't you still have something in your paypal history?

Like, even ignoring the fact that the seller chose to list something that's not allowed on Ebay, I'd still wanna pay the seller later on if I received what I ordered couse in my mind its only fair. However, if I couldn't find a reliable way of doing so, I'd probably just do as Jorod's saying & chalk it up to a good situation.

4. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

Good idea, on the Paypal thing, I did not think of that.

Though it is largely academic now as they seller just emailed me and told me that they manage to get their package back "because it had not yet gone through customs" so not to expect it.

Still weird ass situation.

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah, but at least it's over now, and you're pretty much where you started, except with a little more knowledge about this stuff.