Ebay Sellers like from 40 yr old Virgin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Predakwon, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After watchin 40yr Old Virgin and looking around the crap in my apt, has anyone ever gone to these people to sell stuff for them on Ebay? I was thinking about because I work like 60-70 hrs a week in a large Hedge Fund and don't have time to take pics, list, and ship anymore. Opinions anyone?

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    We have some friends that sell on ebay as their full time job. They have fans who watch their stuff. As a result of that, things actually sell for more from them than if we were to do it. Case in point, we had some clothes that we tried to sell on ebay and got no bids. We gave them to our friends and one of the dresses sold for $170.

I tell you this because I think it IS worth it to have professionals who have followings to sell stuff for you, provided that they really validly do have "fans" that watch their auctions. They'll charge you a commission of course, possibly as much as 50%, and that's only fair that they should get some money since they're doing ALL the work. But if they're good, you will make more than you would selling it yourself, and that may more than make up the difference, especially since you won't have to put the time into taking pictures, listing, and shipping.

The key is that you have to really do your research. Don't just hire any bozo. You need to make sure that they already sell the kind of stuff you're selling, otherwise the fans they have won't mean anything to you. For example, my friends deal mainly in clothing, antiques, and computer parts. It would not make sense for me to give them Transformers to sell, because the people who have them on their favorite sellers list are into clothes, not Transformers. Make sense?

3. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Yeah I have a friend who works and runs one of those stores. Its worth it, my boy hooks me up for free though. I mean they can sell anything..

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Wait, those stores really exist!? I thought it was a joke, or something they invented for the movie.

5. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

]

Yeah, they really exist. There's one not too far from me. I've never been in there but I know its there.