ebay seller problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ricky_Stream, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    need an opinion boys and girls...

i recently bought an Animated Leader Megatron on ebay.co.uk (its was 9.99£, it seem pretty good) but since in the photo there was no swords i asked if he came with them...the seller specifically told me: "Yes, has the two swords !"

he came with only one (crap)...i e-mailed him about with he answering:
    "I do apologise, you did not make that specifally clear in your first email.
    There was obviously a misunderstanding." and "Yes, and technically there is.

I am not going to argue about it, if you are that unhappy re-sell it."

man...i'm so pissed right now...if i complain to paypal or ebay they'll just make me send him back to get a refund right?

what should i do?

2. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes I would compalin. If he said it has 2 and only has 1 you were lied too. Start a paypal claim, that way the cash is locked. He can`t neg you anymore so it really is one sided against him. His attitude sucks with his response, so I can`t imagine he is going to have a sudden change of heart. Start the claim and it will get sorted :thumb 

3. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this and i would tell him before hand that i was going to start the claim and that i am going to send the email trail to paypal emphasizing that he stated he has 2 swords...............and ask the seller if he is sure he doesnt have the other sword........ muahahhahah mahhahhahah

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    His alt mode needs the second sword, so i would definitly try to do something about it. try to get some money back to find a second sword or just send it back and get a refund.

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    And when you send it back make sure you get delivery confirmation.

6. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:

yeah starnge thing about returns they have a bad habbit of getting damaged or lost in the mail.

7. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Check ebay and the Junkion to see if you can pick up another sword cheaply, if not, he's not going to be very good in alt. mode. If you can, ask the seller for a partial refund explaining that without the sword his 'copter mode is useless.

Otherwise you'd have to send him back, which from Portugal to the UK isn't going to be worth it. If you have to send him back, ask the seller to pay the return shipping, he's not obliged to, but as it's his mistake, he should be out of pocket, not you. Message him asking about a partial refund first, see what he says, then perhaps mention that if you have to lose out due to his mistake, you'll reflect that in your feedback for him.

Hope it all works out for you.

8. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Yeah, delivery confirmation is a MUST, I also take pics of the item being wrapped, then going into it's packaging. A picture is worth a thousand words!

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hopefully a threat of dispute is all the seller needs to get off his ass and look for the second sword. Good luck.

10. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just for shits and giggles if you do send it back......keep the sword and tell him there must have been some miscommunication...lol

11. Ricky_Stream

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    best answer yet! lol just kidding, i wouldn't really do that but it sure would serve him right

12. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Never thought about posting it back. I would say its worth £10 missing 1 sword, if you display him in bot mode I would only use one sword anyway.

Go for the partial and put an ad in Wanted section. Im sure somebody will do a megs custom at some point especially if he gets much cheaper.

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I love it!:thumbs2: 

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Don't forget to name and shame the seller too. I'm in the UK, and I wouldn't want to risk buying from an arse like that.

15. ANONYMOUS

ANONYMOUS Well-Known Member

If the guy did not use any type of tracking number that shows up online, and he is not willing to fulfill his end of the bargain, then just file an Item Not Received with Paypal. Then you will get back your full amount and shipping. If you file an Item Not As Advertised claim, then you have to ship back the item at your expense. By the way it doesn't matter if the guy can show Paypal 10 emails from you saying you got the item. If he can't provide a tracking number he loses automaticly. This isn't something I would normally suggest, but when dealing with sellers who are shady, I see no problem in stooping down to their level. You did your part, why should you get screwed or forced into shipping at your expense because the seller lied. That is just not right.

This works by the way. I had to do this in the past to a guy sold me a G1 Scorponok for $200 that was supposed to be complete, and when it arrived it was missing most of the pieces (including the freakin head). He refused to send the rest of it, but the moron forgot to put a delivery confirmation number on the package. I filed an Item Not Recieved Report, they froze the funds in his account, and after several angry email exchanges, the rest of the parts "miraculously" arrived on my doorstep. I canceled the claim, and everyone went their seperate ways.

16. Ricky_Stream

News Credits:
    Ebay:

i signed for the delivery...SOB was smart in that....

17. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Dude if you did get the item and filed an Item Not Recieved Report that makes you shady as well. this guy is trying to do the right thing to set the issue straight, two wrongs dont make a right. Just as we should be made aware of the seller we should maybe be aware of your id as well. I hate it when people abuse the system as that is why things are so screwed up.

18. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah not saying the seller is right, but thats dodgy ground. All the seller would have to do is send the emails from you to paypal and you would loose instantly.

19. ANONYMOUS

So I should eat $200 because it's the right thing to do. Screw That!! Soemone wants to intentionaly screw me, then I give it right back to them. It doesn't say "WELCOME" on my back. If turning the other cheek works for you then great for you, but I was raised to stick up for yourself, because no one else is going to do it (filing a police report for an Ebay item is treated like a joke to the police). If someone steals from you, you don't just throw your hands up in the air and say "Oh Well" and walk away. Sorry, but I feel completely justified about doing what I have to get my money/items back from a thief. That is one of the problems in this country right now. Nobody seems to get that the bad guys are not going to play by the rules, and I am not going to play the victim.

So why do you want my ID. Are you planning on selling stuff and not sending the items? Only thieves need worry about little old me.

20. ANONYMOUS

WRONG!!! No tracking number means automatic loss. I could forward 10 emails to Paypal you sent to me saying you got an item from me, but there was a problem with the item, and if I have no tracking number that says the item was delivered to you, I would still lose. The only thing that covers your butt is a tracking number.