Ebay Seller gone rogue help on what to do

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by zfarsh, Apr 24, 2017.

1. thytao

thytao Member

In November 2016, I ordered a BC Trailbreaker from a seller called creation.shop522, who went rogue and is no longer an Ebay registered user. The seller sent out a package, and the package reached ISC Chicago in December, then never moved. I opened a request and received my refund from Ebay. When I checked the tracking today, it still shows "Processed Through Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)", and "expected delivery Thursday, December 22, 2016."

In March 2017, I ordered a TW Cosmos from the seller furongchen138‏. The seller sent out a package, and the package reached ISC Chicago on March 29, and then again never moved. I contacted the seller on April 14, and seller replied very quickly saying she/he would check with the China Post. After 4 or 5 days, I contacted the seller again. The seller said it will refund me first, and if the figure
    eventually arrives I can repay the figure. But then I did not hear back from the seller and did not get the refund. So I opened a request. I am pretty sure I will get my money back soon.

I went back to my Paypal account and looked at those two
    transactions. I found out the names listed on the two sellers are the same. The two packages were sent out from the same post office in Beijing according to China post tracking system. I believe those two sellers are the same person. I am wondering if it is possible that the seller can do something intentionally so that the packages would not clear the customs because my two packages from the seller were both stopped at ISC Chicago. I bought many figures from some reputable China sellers and never had problems with those sellers. Many packages from those reputable sellers went through Chicago airport and cleared the customs very quickly.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    So what should i ask from the seller exactly, when i see his prices are too good to be true now? I just sent them an email about tracking number, which they never provided and probably never will. One feedback was that they gave a bad tracking number that could not be tracked, and seller is claiming received. If he responds, they will say just wait...

3. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

Dang, that is the exact status my mmc ravage is in, processed through facility, it has been several days in that status too. Same seller. Doesn't look good.

4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The seller has has racked up a couple more negative reviews over the last 24 hrs.
    furongchen138 on eBay
    You can contact the seller first and ask for a refund. If they don't grant you a refund within 24-48 hrs then file a claim thru Paypal.
    Clearly he is a scammer at this point. There's no need to wait until the end of the delivery window the seller has shown on Ebay....unless you just want to for some reason. If it were me I would call Paypal now to file a refund claim & get my money back asap. If you file your claim thru Ebay you may have to wait until the end of the seller's delivery window.
    For questions and concerns about negative experiences with Chinese based Ebay sellers I recommend posting tour concerns here to get advice and to help
    others --> China Ebay Seller Check
    If you stick to the sellers on the good list you should be fine. Any new seller you're unfamiliar with you should ask about them on the China Ebay Seller Check beforehand and await community responses.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know this is not helpful but... just don't buy from china based ebay sellers.

The other thing is, China sellers often ship EMS. EMS is extremely unpredictable. I got a package 60 days late. But I did get it in perfect condition.

Go through paypal to escalate the purchase.

6. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I have to absolutely disagree about EMS.

In fact, EMS is probably the most reliable, fastest, safest and cleanest shipping method in the world. Yes, the world.

I never once in my life had an issue with EMS. In fact, I get packages faster from OVERSEAS via EMS shipping, than I do packages from within my own Country (USA).

I assure you your issue was a complete isolated incident and am of course sorry you had an issue.

But don't blame EMS as a whole. I do agree about the China thing in general though. I stay far away from Chinese eBay sellers. Ordering through websites like ActionRobo, though, is different of course.

• Like Like x 1
  7. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess my point about EMS was that his package may be on the way. Just late.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Eleyre

Eleyre TFW2005 Supporter

I would disagree about Chinese sellers as well. I've ordered from particular ones numerous times and have never had an issue. That being said, I think you do need to be discriminatory when deciding which Chinese sellers to purchase from. Netclow, Cold-Play, Bababobo have all been very reliable for me and tend to be cheaper that most other places (particularly if you can include a flash sale or coupons).

• Like Like x 1
  9. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think you write to him or her what you know, you don't see any movement on the package or the tracking they gave you doesn't seem to register with any results. Please advise as to what's going on with the package. Wait for his reply and if its another tracking number with no updates after 2-days, go to Paypal.

At this point because you waited so long, I would just go to Paypal and advise what you see going on in ebay from feedback and the lack of tracking. Use the above for future situations because you should never have to wait 60 days to get your package. Post Office says "45 days" before its considered lost so use that as a bench mark. Insurance companies use the same number of days. Keep in mind, this is from the US out to any country but it gives you something to gauge with.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    eh? Still live and she was active 1hr ago (UK time).

Still has all the sale posts etc with comments etc...ebay still live too.

11. kojacker

kojacker Well-Known Member

Yeah her page is back a while ago now, if you'd checked earlier it was blocked. When I checked my PMs with her, it said her messages couldn't be displayed while her account was being verified.

12. bloth

bloth Member

I've had about 8 packages from China since November, some with tracking and most without. They have almost all taken 2-3 months to arrive.
    Right now expect packages to take at least 6 weeks to arrive.

13. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

Just don't ever buy from Chinese sellers doing a 15-30% off sale.

I tend to buy from sellers with a good track record or have sold the same item with recent good feedback for the said item.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I still have a dispute in with ebay for an item. They have put more responsibility on the buyer to get a refund. If he is a scammer, they may try to force you to file a complaint with a joint task force between the FBI and some other organization. You may have to wait until May 16th to file. I'm done buying goods on ebay for TFs. Im sure it will work out but you may have to wait until the 16th, it takes about 5 days from then unless you have to file a crime incident report, may take longer.

15. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

I will say I ordered from Johonsontony (or however that's spelled) on Ebay and he's always been SUPER fast. This time it took a month and a half to get my item. Maybe something is up with China post because once it hit the US it moved really quick.

16. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

All of my packages from China arrive within 3 weeks to the us west coast. 2-3 months seems excessively long.

17. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Recently had to deal with this myself as well for the second time in I don't know how many years.

Bought an item from a seller with nothing but positive feedback and had good contact. Then a week after the item was sent without tracking, he received a negative feedback and made all feedback invisible, just the scores. And that one negative feedback stated that the seller had become a fraud. Contacted e-bay with my suspicion and got a very friendly reply stating they could see into the seller's account and I had nothing to worry about. I should just wait for the shipping window.

So I did that and in the meantime the negative feedback continued to built and built, and then I filed a claim. And even with over 40 negative feedback they still went through the whole process of attempting to contact the seller and only then did I get my money back.

And the fun part? In the mail where I was told I would get my money back, they included a link to recognize fraudulent sellers in the future.....after I had more than a month earlier tried to convince them this seller had turned fraud.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Why not just go directly through PayPal and let them do the leg work?

19. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

The problem is that most rogue sellers were at one time reliable. It's not zfarsh's first rodeo, and this particular seller didn't really throw up any warning signs at the time of purchase. All of this started after the order.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Eleyre

Eleyre TFW2005 Supporter

That's a good point and I certainly didn't mean to imply that zfarsh wasn't careful. I was just commenting on my own habits. I'm pretty selective about which Chinese sellers that I buy from on eBay and usually only buy from them if their positive feedback is over 3000 and their rating is above 99%. Is that 100% guaranteed to mean they're reliable? No, probably not. But I would imagine that if they've put that much effort in to get it that high, they're not going to waste it by going rogue on a handful of orders. But again, it's not an infallible chain of logic and you can't always predict human nature.