Ebay Scalper Thread..These People Are Hardcore

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Prowl_Delta_31, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

JUST DO IT!

2. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

I don't think the public even knows about "Scalpers".

Most parents I talk to think that the reason why there aren't any Transformers is because of collectors.

3. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Tell'em the new leader class Bonecrusher is going to be the hot toy for 2007. Ultra rare! VHTF

:ev: 

4. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    my response in the ebay thread:

"So,how much would you be selling the Masterpiece Starscream for? I ask because I can't compete with douchebags like you who have nothing better to do with their lives than hang out in the toy departments of various stores. Since I'll never see one in a store I guess I've no alternative but to deal with some of you."

Lets see how they like that........dicks.

5. jessecuster

jessecuster One Goal!

News Credits:
  6. Sunstorm9119

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Judging by the responses, I think I pissed them off, which I have no problem with...

I got an email from ebay, stating that my post was reported to them for vulgarity, and they removed it.

Touchy aren't they??

7. Sunstorm9119

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nothing like a TFW2005 double team!!

Sureshot90 + Sunstorm9119 FTW!!

8. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    They got me too...
    eBay protects that scum...

Hello helmsedm,

We appreciate your participation in the eBay Community Forums.

This email is to notify you that we unfortunately had to remove the
    following
    post that you made:

helmsedm (411 ) View Listings | Report Sep-29-07 09:18 PDT 1016
    of 1016

SCALPERS MAKE SICK! BUYING UP ALL OF THE TOYS THAT COLLECTORS AND
    PARENTS TRY TO BUY FOR THEIR KIDS. THEN AT CHRISTMAS TIME, PARENTS
    CAN'T FIND THIS STUFF FOR THEIR KIDS SO THEY HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PAY
    RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF MONEY TO THESE SCUMBAGS. I AM A COLLECTOR AND IF
    I CAN'T FIND SOMETHING BECAUSE THE KIDS ARE BUYING IT UP, THEN THAT'S
    COOL, BUT THE FACT THAT I CAN'T FIND A TOY I WANT BECAUSE SOME @$$HOLE
    IS OUT THERE SCOOPING THEM ALL UP AND NEITHER ME NOR THE KIDS ARE
    GETTING THE TOY AT A FAIR RETAIL PRICE, THEN THAT SUCKS.
    SCALPERS...YOU BETTER HOPE TO GOD I NEVER RUN INTO ONE OF YOU AT THE
    STORE!!

In order for the community forums, which are based on the eBay
    Community Values,
    to be a place where all members can feel comfortable interacting with
    each
    other, there are certain types of posts that we have to remove if
    reported to
    us. The guidelines for posting in the forums are defined in the Board
    Usage
    Policy. Your post was specifically removed for the following reason:

Including profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, disruptive, or hostile
    comments,
    interpersonal disputes, or threats of violence in a post. For
    clarification of
    this policy, please visit this page:
    http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=200062944

We understand that most posts that are removed were not intentional
    violations.
    Please take a moment to review the Board Usage Policy and policy
    explanations
    via the following URLs for clarification about the types of posts that
    we do allow:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/everyone-boards.html
    http://forums.ebay.com/forum.jspa?forumID=2005

Again, we value your participation in the forums, and we appreciate
    your support.

Regards,
    Beffie
    eBay Moderation Team

A triple team!

9. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

God, skywarp! is on my nerve! I took a look at his me page about all the transformers ebayers are going to get. It was horrible, but I have to go with the scalpers because, yes, if you have to support your children, go ahead, but then also make a effort to get a job! With all the effort (gas money and other stuff just to get to the store), why take that and funnel it into a job search?

10. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Do you guys know how much money Ebay would lose without the scalpers? Just think of every auction that doesn't sell, throughout the entire world that's probably billions in insertion fees alone.

You guys are just gonna have to learn what I learned back in 97 when I was collecting Star Wars.

1. You can't win! The scalpers aren't going anywhere!
    2. Your main problem isn't the scalpers, it's your own impatience. The scalpers are only a problem if you let them be. You want the new figure NOW! You can't wait. If you can brainwash yourself into thinking that you don't really want it then you can wait a while & eventually you'll find it.

I remember the half circle Boba Fetts, the .00 & .01 cards, the 7 figures in the transition wave when they switched from red cards to green cards & all those stupid variants back between 95 & 97. I was heavy into all that, the scalpers drove me insane. You know what happened? They all became worthless & I eventually didn't care about them anymore & now I don't even have any Star Wars toys.

So just chill! Scalpers aren't going anywhere & the only way to beat them is by being patient or not caring at all.

11. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I don't agree. One scalper converted to the "good side" is a battle won, and that's good enough for me. Being ignorant to the problem doesn't make it disappear.
    But yes I don't buy at first sight, I let them "burn in" with their lots untill they sell them to retail price just to get them sold.
    Also scalpers are not the fuel for ebay. There are plenty of "good" sellers to keep sales up.

12. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Agreed w/ noisemaze.

Seriously guys, leave it alone. Arguing with scalpers on their own forums (especially those of you with broken CapsLock keys) just makes you look childish. And it ignores the fact that they're right: it's a free country and they can do whatever the hell they want. How would you react if some nobody came on the boards here and became unhinged ranting about how all of us should not be able to buy so many toys?

They aren't going to be able to buy all of the toys, and they all know that it's only going to last until Christmas. A lot of them are going to get burned because BB and the deluxes are not going to be that rare for that long.

Scalper tip: if you have to take advice from a scalper on ebay, you're behind the times and too late to the party. Anyone reading his advice doesn't know what they're doing, they're too late, and by the time they find what they took too long to figure out what to buy, they're not going to see a fantastic return on it.

13. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Hey it ain't broke! I did it on purpose! :D 

14. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

People make me sad.

You know I have an '08 BB already, I've been debating about getting a second because I'd like to keep one "in box" just as a collectors item.. keep it in the box like many of you people do, ya know? But I have not picked up my second one yet, that I'd open and display with my other figures... even though I've seen him back on the shelves twice now at my local Wal-Mart... Simply because I want a kid to have his or her chance at finding him or a fellow collector like ourselves..

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So... scalpers... are Darth Vader?

Edit:You all do realise that the general buyers for most of this merchandise (IE: parents) don't even know about scalpers right? Actually, most parents think that the reason they can't find toys for their kids is because of 'collectors'.

Have you guys ever notice that the general media lumps 'scalpers' and 'collectors' into the same margine that takes toys away from children?

In the end the best thing to do is that if you don't like what the guy is selling something for on eBay than don't buy it. But, you know what? He has the right to sell the darned thing for whatever price he wants to because he bought it. Like it or not retail runs on a "first come, first served" basis and that's also called capitalism and free economics. So, maybe it's not fair to everyone who can't find their little toy or the kid who may not get a TF for Christmas (doubtful as they're about to become very very plentiful in another month), but you know what? Life isn't fair.

So, everytime I see one of these threads I laugh my freakin' ass off at some 'adult' who's bitching that they can't find a specific toy for their collection, because of ZOMG SCALPERZ!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  16. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

I'll second that. Most parents and some collectors don't know what scalpers are. I'm just waiting for Chris Hansen to have a "To Catch a Scalper" TV show. Then the general public will wakeup and see what a scalper is.

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

If you really want to stick it to these scalpers, shouting at them, flinging insults and empty threats and TALKING IN CAPS won't do anything. But making note of their eBay user names, and making sure you don't buy anything from them and tell others not to do the same will hurt them. Nothing hurts a scalper worse then spending a large amount of cash up front to end up not being able to sell any of their items. Parents aren't gonna pay 20-30+ for a 10 dollar toy so most of these scalpers make their money off of collectors who buy online. So make a list, spread the word and take all the names of these scalpers and tell everyone who would buy from them not to. Throwing a hissy fit on an internet message board only makes you look bad, and whenever you get your message deleted on one of those forums it does nothing but make them smile.

18. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Vulgarity? For "douchebag"? I mean, okay... it IS vulgar, but that's still a bit much. :) 

And it's true... we're the ones who keep these guys in business. Collectors. Us.

Most parents aren't going to scour Ebay looking for 08 Bumblebee and then pay highway robbery prices... that privilege is limited mainly the big kids with too much net surfing time, disposable income to spend on toys, and a basement to store them in. Oh, and don't forget to get one MISB so you can "collect" it until doomsday... or at least till your interest in the hobby dwindles and you end up ebaying all your stuff anyway.

Little Billy wants 08 BB for Xmas? Too bad... can't find one. Here's the next thing on your Xmas list, kid. Such is life.

Hell, half the reason I buy on Ebay now is all the leftover unrequited toy envy from when I was a kid. Now I can own all that stuff my parents never got me for Xmas! :) 

I never get (or at least keep) MISB figures. I have firm limits to what I'm willing to spend... usually retail or less. Maybe a little bit more for something rare. Scalpers screw me over when they rape the toy aisle and I can't get any of the cool new stuff... but they never get my money, because I'm never... ever... EVER gonna spend $25 on an 08 Deluxe Bumblebee...

zmog

19. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lolol 

we have those?!!

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    no, you just imagined it :p