Ebay Scalper Thread..These People Are Hardcore

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Prowl_Delta_31, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
  2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Wow. What a bunch of assholes.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. eBay scalpers. Quick, get a camera.

4. Destroyer

Destroyer Destruction to all

Eewwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Buy something off them to get the addy and send them back a soiled diaper!!!

5. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    That skywarp! dude is a serious ass (soz but he is) ! His' "me profile" http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=skywarp! I wished he could get banned of ebay.

This is his post:

Skywarp, I saw the Transformer Bumblebee Camaro today at Target for 79. It looks pretty neat. They had them at TRU for $89.

Noooo. That's not the one you want. That's what got me started posting in this thread to begin with. People were recommending that specific Bumblebee figure for speculation as a top Xmas seller, and its not true at all. In fact, I've been recommending you guys to avoid most Bumblebee toys.

The only Bumblebee toys I recommend are the deluxe sized movie versions. There are two different bumblebees made for this line of action figures: Classic Camaro and Concept Camaro. They are available everywhere single packed for $9.99 or thereabouts. There is a Target exclusive two back of both of these versions of Bumblebee called, "Evolution of a Hero" priced at $19.99 and THAT is the one I recommend most.

All other Bumblebee toys should be avoided. And there are many... and that is really the problem here. People read, "Bumblebee" and don't understand the part where there are something like 14 different bumblebee toys littering the toy aisles right now.

Do NOT buy: Cyber Stompin Bumblebee, Fast Action Blattlers Bumblebee, Cyber Slammers Bumblebee, Beatmix Bumblebee, Unleashed Bumblebee, and especially do not buy that horrid $80 Ultimate Bumblebee. These toys are extra shelf fodder that take up space while the desirable Transformers fly out the door. These aren't going to be worth anything at Christmas, and they really aren't going to be worth anything afterward. They'll eventually make their way to the discount bins and won't have much long-term value either.

So if you want to buy Bumblebee, get the Target exclusive "Evolution of a Hero" two pack first. This is really hard to find in stores, but if you happen to see it, snatch it up. It retails for $19.99, but already it is selling on ebay for anywhere between $40-60... and that will only go up closer to Christmas.

These two figures are also available individually packaged at all stores for about $9.99 each. I'm not totally convinced the individually packed Bumblebees will be huge secondary market sellers for Christmas, but they will sell for a decent amount at least... Plus, I am convinced they will have a very profitable long-term value, so they are still worth buying.

Again, here are photos of the ONLY Bumblebee figures worth purchasing:
    (shows Deluxe BB 76 & CC BB)

Also, this is a Wal Mart Exclusive Bumblebee and Barricade two pack. This is another nice gift set.. (Barricade is another good TF to buy, provided you get the *deluxe* movie transforming action figure of him, and not those other carppy versions.) If you happen to see it, I recommend you pick it up as well.

BTW, I am writing up a short overall review on the current Transformers line: Which figures are worth spending the money on, and which ones you should pass on. I'll post it to my ME page when I finish. That way I won't have to keep repeating myself as new people enter this thread.

Soz I just had to intervene at the last post's (gripen90).

6. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

That Skywarp character is the worst. His little list of what and what not to buy when it comes to Transformers will cause collectors and parents nothing but trouble this holiday season.

The collector vs. scalper thing is getting out of hand. I forsee a war breaking out in the near future.

7. SureShot90

Ebay:
    I say let the scaplers do their listing and stay away from buying and let them fry in their own fat... when none buys they have to sell at a lower price to make their "income".

8. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    That thread is utterly disturbing and disgusting at the same time.

9. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Collector-wise, I think he's a bit off-target -- which is good for us. He says to avoid all Movie Legends and FABs, which are both fairly hard to find, especially newer waves. He also says to avoid ALL Titaniums, which is good for those of us who still haven't found 6" WW Megs and G1 Magnus, and are hopeful about Grimlock and Prowl.

But yes, SKYWARP = JERK.

EDIT: Heh. We should all use our eBay accounts to post lists recommending that sellers horde Spider-Man 3 and PotC3 toys.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  10. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, those people must be spending lots of time on the net to check out which toys are hot and such.

That post SureShot90 quoted doesn't sound much different from something I might read here in a thread like "Which movie toys do you recommend?" Just not for the love, but money. Why don't they play in a foreign currency exchange market like those good Japanese housewives do? They might make more money with less time.
    (Though I am sure watching their auction bid goes up gives those people great joy :p )

11. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that none of those people will ever see the wrong in what they're doing - they'll justify it until the day they die.

Slimeballs.

As for the guy who says that he can't work outside of the home....he's either a gigantic f*cking liar or he needs to get on disability.

Get a real f*cking job, jackass.

12. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    The buyer determines the market because there are too many darn greedy middlemen hoarding the products.

13. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Wow... I think I'll be looking for these people instead of toys this holiday season.

I think if I ever saw someone "scalping" do this I'd call them on it.

Some might think I'm a scalper if they saw me. The only bad part of collecting for and with friends. I usually end up buying all the new Star Wars figures b/c my 2 coworkers and I collect.

Understand that I would never snatch toys from a kid though.

14. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    :scalper 

15. SureShot90

Ebay:
    I'm the only one frying the fat on these guys ?

16. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    modulok!

(Private ) View Listings | Report Sep-29-07 08:20 PDT 1013 of 1015

I will buy ANYTHING I want to, in any QUANTITY I want to. I will also resell these items for 4+ times the retail price on Ebay. It's called freedom, and its the best part about living in the country I do...freedom to do what I want as long as it is not against the law (and the last time I checked buying toys was not illegal). Your problem is not with the people buying and reselling, it is with the stores that do not limit quantities...and do you know why stores do this, because they want to sell as much merchandise as they can (that's the name of the retail game, but then I don't think I needed to say that). This is my last post on this subject. If anybody doesn't like what I do then, by all means, cry me a river because your complaints will be falling on deaf ears (because I have way too many Transformers Deluxe Bumblebees stuffed in them).

This one really just pissed me off, I mean I read through a lot of them and yes most of them are jerks too but this guy just takes the cake.

17. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Wow... they're like stock market speculators... on a small, petty scale.

I hate the scalper mentality, but none of this surprises me. There are always people trying to make a quick buck. That's what an aggressive capitalist free market encourages. Most of these people probably see themselves as living out the noble american dream of self-advancement through mercantile savvy.

And when you think about it, we all get scalped every day, because these games of supply and demand and price manipulation go on at the highest levels all the time. Don't like getting scalped? Don' t buy gas. :) 

Of course they always default to the "free country" defence... and they're right. What they do is completely legal. There are lots of things that are perfectly legal, but you're still a jackass if you do them unfortunately. Good thing MONEY makes all the pain go away. Grr.

zmog

18. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just posted this:

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Meh, scalpers aren't going to change, and we can only live with their presence in our hobby now. It just means we have to be even more aware of whats coming out and where, then beat them to it.

Edit: That Skywarp warping was telling everyone to go out and get Masterpiece Starscream. Its gonna some real hell getting that guy.

20. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    They make me sick. And to think they justify it by saying they have to "put food on the table". And that one person says she can't work outside of the house....yet she goes outside to buy these toys. That doesn't make sense....