Ebay Return

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Jeremy.B, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bought a G1 Countdown advertised as 100% complete. Pictures showed everything, and the item was stickered up and good to go. Get it yesterday, and it is clearly not the same item. No stickers anywhere, missing the white hatch on the rocket plus the rocket gun, plus the part of the blue is scratched up which is again not indicative of the item pictured in the auction. I contact the seller, he offers to refund me $30 for the issues or allow me to return it, which I agree too because I'm not super excited about the item I have based on its condition. Anyway, we come to that resolution and he will refund me the entire purchase price once I send it back. I am awaiting to hear from him because I also told him to refund me the return postage. Now I have never returned anything from an Ebay seller but one would assume they are responsible for return postage because, as he admitted to, he got my countdown and another guy's countdown mixed up. Is this appropriate? Also, I further assume I need to get tracking and delivery confirmation, maybe even a signature. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks!

2. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

What was the seller's ebay return policy?

It's possible that you send the items back, but don't get refunded.

Your safest bet is to open a paypal dispute. This is how paypal would resolve this:
    You would have to open an item not as described dispute. Then, if you win, you would have to pay the return shipping cost with tracking when you sent the item back. Then paypal would refund you the original purchase amount including shipping.

3. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    I don't care what the return policy is, he sent me the wrong item which he admitted too. Do you think even though he agreed to a refund (and he has over 15,000 feedback at 99.6%) I still should open a paypal dispute?

4. Da_Last_2_Walk

You should care! This will tell you if he refunds the return shipping cost for a returned item.

I told you the safest way to protect yourself. If you think his word is enough, along with his feedback, you don't have to open a dispute. A paypal dispute is not the same as a paypal claim, and can easily be closed by you once the two of you have come to an agreement.

5. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I agree this is what i would do also. Its not that you saying he is a bad seller or anything like that , you are just protecting yourself.. Also when you send it back i would add signature conirmation too so that you know for sure that he got it and he cant say it never arrived, i dont think paypal would refund the cost for that though so you may have to eat that cost.

6. Da_Last_2_Walk

Thanks for reconfirming!

Signature confirmation is only needed if the item is $250 or more. If not, paypal will accept delivery confirmation as proof of shipment. Return shipping and delivery confirmation are not refunded by paypal.

7. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Be careful about putting all your stock on a "signature required" clause. In my experience, unless something goes registered mail, there's no guarentee the postman will bother getting the sig. A dispute seems best, and at least get a tracking number.

8. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    sorry, I meant that in that he already admitted his fault.

Thanks for the input guys.