Ebay related queries... buying from Hongkong etc?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Kenny278, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

Hi Folks

Been browsing ebay... yet again!

Has anyone ever bought some stuff from the likes of hongkong based sellers without problems? I am collecting some reissues and there are astrotrain's etc on there at decent prices... too decent... hence the question..

Eg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Transformers-...oryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Transformers-...oryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/G1-Transforme...oryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Couple of things I've spotted that I wouldn't mind having - but don't want to get ripped off .... any thoughts? Or should I stick to my usual ...or should I go for something cheap from one of the bigger sellers and see what happens.....?

2. dark_mullet

dark_mullet Banned

In my experience it's fine. The only bad part about buying from places over seas is the shipping cost.

Otherwise, it's fine. Most of them are also very helpful, but if you ever contact them, be sure to be easy with the English short-cuts. The can read/type English pretty damn well, but still.

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, sometimes the wait can get to you as well, but I've had a generally good experience buying from HK.

4. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

I often buy from China/Japan/Asia. In fact, I just got a parcel yesterday from a seller from Hong Kong and he communicates very well, and seems very professional and willing to please customers. The trend I often see is cheap prices with expensive shipping, so I suppose it evens out most of the time.

5. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not had any problems buying from Hong Kong, although I do find the shipping cost a bit high most of the time.

BTW - I think that Bumblebee in the last auction is a KO.

6. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I had one problem with a seller when Alts were still being released, I paid for three only got two, never got the difference back. I continued to buy stuff from Ebay and occasionally buy stuff from HK, never had any problems after that.

Now in 2008 I have two things on Ebay from two different sellers in HK, one I had to open up a dispute b/c the seller never replied to any of my e-mails. The second seller has not replied yet either, I am waiting till the weekend. If they don't reply I will have to open up another dispute.

Its just the communication thing bothers me.

7. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Save money

If you do buy from HK then the price should be cheaper because knock offs are fairly common. From my experience HK sellers are very reliable (check feedback).