Ebay Rant UGHHH!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by thyvipera, Sep 3, 2008.

1. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

I don't know about some of you, but personally I am getting fed up with ebay. The fees they take out, the people, the way it works, everything.

First of all, I came across an auction for a 25th ann. optimus prime, missing head, feet, and a couple of wheels. the perfect prime for a custom masterpiece i want to do. i "thought" i might get it for a reasonable price, but of course not. it sold for $51.00 shipped. You can buy a complete one for that. I just dont understand people sometimes.

and..

i came across my old nintendo 64 and games the other day and decided to put on ebay to make a little bit of money. The last day of the auction a person decides to buy it, with the buy it now option that requires immediate payment. Then all of a sudden there is a paypal dispute and a message from the buyer saying:

i do not want this item i went to purchase it an it said someone already did but i thinl i got charged for it could u please help me understand what happend?

and then another:

im sorry when i went to purchase this item it said someone ealse had won it but i got charged for it please stop the transaction i do not want this item i am going to put a stop of payment on this.

Obviously the newbie to ebay had no idea what he/she was doing. Now i'm going through some bullcrap to get a final value credit. If he/she did not want the item, then they should not have freaking clicked the buy it now button.

Well that's all. I've had a shitty week. i ran a red light and got a $200.00 ticket, so i hope everyone's week is going better than mine.

Cheers

2. thecypher0

thecypher0 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah. eBay's fees are killing me. I'm also fed up with buyers not contacting me if they have an issue with an item and instead just leave neutral or negative feedback (just had that happen the other day). I'm also working on a dispute for a chargeback where the buyer charged me back and has the damn item they bought from me listed on eBay for sale in their store...UGH!!!

3. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man now thats some BS right there man. yes Ebay is going nuts as of late and what sucks most ppl use it . sometimes u can find real good deals on there. When you sell something on there and they charge u fees. then when it is sold you get hit with fees up the ass.

4. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I'm slowly making the move to Ebid and my own website. I like the exposure of FEEbay, but yeah - lately I've just been shelling out $$$ to them hand over fist and for what? It's not like they DO anything about any issues that arise... what am I paying for? Buyers to rule the roost and dictate how I conduct my business? No thanks.

5. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    It's just ebays way of slowly filtering out the whole auction process and move to a more of an Amazon , Buy.com type of site. The Fees and the whole Buyer First catering of the site is designed to just do that. Seems the BIN are just caught in the middle of it for the time being. They should just make the switch already ,but I'm sure they know their power and are trying to squeeze every last dollar and cent out of auctioners.

6. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Man those are some frustrating problems. I've luckilly only had a cpl over the years I've been using them.

If that person did the BIN option, then its a load of BS about how they thought someone else bought it. You have to immediately go to paypal, login, approve the amount and send it. Thats no freaking accident. Thats them changing their mind after they paid for it. It looks like a perfectly legit transaction to Ebay/Paypal, so there gonna consider it a successful auction and charge you their seller fees. Trying to convince them now that you decided to be nice and give the buyer back their money and so they shouldn't charge you... hope you get someone decent at their CS.

As for the guy trying to take his money back and sell the item also, man I'd almost have to buy a plane ticket and track down that dirt bag. Might try posting in the ebay toy forums about who it is and what they are doing.