eBay question

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by keebs, Dec 5, 2010.

1. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

I know I could send a question to eBay but I thought I would ask here to see if anyone knows the answer.

Situation:
    I find an item I want and do best offer. It says offer accepted and I'm happy. Seller, says he didn't mean for it to accept an offer that low (not too much lower than what he wanted) I say, I want it what will you take? We agree on a price and he adds it to the invoice. Item never shows. I open case. Tomorrow is day 7 and then I can escalate.

So, in the protection rules it says buyer will be covered for item price and 'original' shipping. He bumped up the shipping to get the price he wanted. Am I SOL for the difference in shipping or since the paypal transaction has the paid amount listed, will I get everything I paid?

I got to thinking and 'original' shipping might refer to a situation in that I have to return the item (wrong item, etc) pay for return shipping.

Anyone have similar experience?

2. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Have you opened a dispute with Paypal or eBay? I'm familiar with the former, but I suspect that eBay's dispute process is similar, if not identical.

First, I believe if you've already opened a dispute, you can escalate it at any time. Or is a 7-day waiting period new?

And yes, you'll get back everything you paid when you win the dispute.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're the same. Ebay owns paypal. So everything would be the same. As long as the transaction was done through ebay you should get the whole amount. Done outside then you may be sol. That's why you never deal outside of ebay. Did he send you a new invoice or did you up your offer?

4. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

Escalation done, should be ok. He increased the amount in the invoice he sent, not the one eBay automatically sends.