eBay question related to Canada

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Kaze100, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Kaze100

Kaze100 Well-Known Member

I am in the US and am interested in an ebay auction from within Canada.

Is it as simple as paying with Paypal and the person ships it just like if I buy it from within the US?

Are there any extra "duties" I have to pay when it crosses through customs?

How is Canadian mail handed over to US mail, I assume it would arrive to me by USPS?

I just want to make sure I understand it all before I jump in and make a mistake.

Thanks for your help!!

2. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Yup, same as buying within the US and you very rarely get hit with customs. And if the stuff is sent with Canada Post, it will be delivered to you by USPS. Shipping small parcels international isn't as complex as some might think.

3. StephX77

StephX77 Well-Known Member

Just like buying from US seller. I have bought over 20 transformers from Canada through ebay and not once was it opened by customs. No duties to pay either unless it is a big ticket item

4. Thonor

Thonor Autosmot

I'm Canadian and I buy from the US all the time. It's exactly the same process. There is very rarely any duties or taxes.

The only problem I've had is when someone has shipped with UPS. Those guys gouge you badly for any import fees and brokerage fees they think they can get away with. I will not have an international shipper send something with UPS to me EVER. Those fees can average $30+...

But if someone from Canada wants to ship Canada Post, then it will just come through the regular mail. That is the route I would use - cheap and fast.

5. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    honestly the biggest pain the ass factor in this is paypal...the online tracking dictate by paypal leaves US sellers ....UPS ground or USPS EMS mail...with either do offer tracking..EMS is expensive and goes into high dollars for heavier items...UPS is cheaper to ship with but then you get biffed by your government's fees and whatnot....

otherwise the seller can ship it first class international rate but that is not trackable and thus takes the risk of a non-receipt claim filed against them...