eBay question (not sale thread) - unfair feedback!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Erector, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Yo,

Sorry if this shouldn't be in here - mods, if there's a more appropriate forum, please do the honours and boot it across :D 

Had a less than enjoyable experience on eBay over the last few weeks. I sold a shedload of my 07 movie toys, and one guy ended up buying 12 of them. Alarm bells started ringing when he hadn't paid after a couple of days (this was around £150 of stuff), but hey, give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I was keeping an eye on his feedback and he was still purchasing stuff and paying for it while I wasn't being paid. Asshole.

So anyway, I email him a few times through eBay, firstly a payment reminder, then a "hey, let me know if you're not able to pay, we can work something out" email. After a week, nada. So I start the non paying bidder process and offer everything out on Second Chance offers to the second-highest bidders, two of which take me up on it, so they went.

So about 5 days into the non paying dispute being opened, the asshole contacts me. "sorry will pay next week". Direct quote. that's all he said. I reply immediately saying well fine, you've got til Monday to pay, and these two items have been sold on second chance offers. He replies to the dispute on those, and we close them amicably.

Anyway, we get to yesterday, the final day. I send him another email saying "yo, we agreed today, I'll give you til 10pm then I'm closing the process". Of course, no reply, no payment (all the while buying other stuff still, I might add!) so I hit the button at 10pm and give him 10 unpaid item strikes. Thought that was that. Of course not!

I log into eBay today to find my feedback has dropped. Asshole has of course left me negatives. Not for the ones I got him the strikes for, but for the ones we closed amicably, the ones I sold on Second Chance. WTF? I write a little reply to each saying he didn't pay for them, and I've emailed eBay and asked if there's any possibility of them being removed. In the 10 years + I've been using eBay, I've NEVER had a negative, so I'm a little pissed about this to say the least.

So my question, after that MASSIVE wall of text - is there any chance eBay will remove that feedback and reinstate my 100% record? Was I unfair to offer out second chance offers after a week of nonpayment and noncommunication? Is this guy as much of an asshole as I seem to think?

Thoughts and comments appreciated :) 

2. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I think your feedback record should remain at 100% because:

a. You gave the guy more than enough time to pay.
    b. You even gave him an extension
    c. If you are going to buy multiple items on ebay and you think you maybe out of the country or busy enough to check ebay at least once a day, you should stay away and let other people to take advantage of deals. A lot of people, after no pay at all, when they reach you, state that they were busy. No excuse.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    He negged you out of revenge. As long as you can convince them of that there should be a fairly good chance eBay will side with you. I've had this in the past, and they've removed the negs. Good luck with it d00d.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Did you wait 7 business days before the NPB claim or state in the auctions?

If i recall ebay will no longer remove NEG feedback under any circumstance.(all you can do is reply to his negs with your side)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-abuse-withdrawal.html
    you might be in luck

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  5. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sucks that people are such little shits on ebay. I had to open a claim today with paypal for an item i bought over 3 weeks ago and still has not shipped.
    I paid the guy less than 5 mins after the auction closed and he can't ship? Bullshit.
    I wonder if ebay will remove the negs if they see that they were sold as second chances and you forward them the e-mails between you and the asswad.

6. Thonor

Thonor Autosmot

You can't leave negative feedback as a seller anymore... Because buyers were not leaving bad feedback for bad sellers for fear of retaliatory bad feedback.

I'd go to ebay directly. You gave the guy more than enough time, he's just being a dick.

7. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I was referring to the reply option to respond to feedback.

8. glancer

glancer Dinobot

if you had made it clear in your auction that how long you would expect a payment and he didn't comply without early notice, then I think you were doing right --- to offer the second chance to others.

Too bad, I don't think there is a way to get Ebay to remove negative feedback. If there is, someone let me know please.

9. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

That sucks and i feel for you man. Especially since i have been screwed on ebay as well.

Not that long ago I bought a dvd on ebay from some guy. It shipped rather quickly and it was still sealed and brand new and all was well, at that point at least. The thing was, i didnt open it right away. I just put it on the shelf and forgot about it.

But when i went to open it and put it in and play it, it was cracked. So i told the guy about it and he said that if i just sent it back that it would be fine and he could send me a replacement. Naturally, thats what i did. But I didnt hear anything from him for a while after i sent it to him, didnt get anything back or anything like that.

Finally after i tried to contact him a bunch of times with no results, i tried to file a complaint. Ebay said that there was nothing that they could do since i was 2 days past their 45 day deadline. I was so pissed, that guy really put one over..

10. Erector

News Credits:
    Of course. Certainly on eBay UK, you can't actually START the NPB claim until after 7 days have passed.

Got a reply from eBay saying basically "fuck off we're not doing anything", which is shitty. On the plus side, it actually wasn't an automated reply, which was encouraging. The reason they won't remove it is "we won't remove Feedback on the grounds that a seller believes a comment to be untrue or undeserved. "

I'm going to reply to them and keep at them. I don't understand, when I've complied with all of the policies and this shithead hasn't paid, how my feedback should suffer as a result.

Edit: replied to them:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  11. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what a crap situation, this is why ebay has you by the balls, i sold 3 items and got charged £17 for the pleasure....yet as soon as an asshole buyer comes around they want to do nothing.

i would have thought they could make things easier for sellers but oh no they seem to go right out of their way to make it harder.

keep us posted how you get on with this matey!

12. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

Well written response. Hope it gets you somewhere.

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I hope you get your feedback cleared

14. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

good luck on getting this fixed.. let us know how it turns out.

15. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You need to call eBay. Thats is the only way I ever get anything done right.

16. Erector

News Credits:
    If I don't have a reply by tomorrow I'll do that. Cheers dude.

17. Erector

News Credits:
    Looks like a phone call is in order...

18. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    MAN!!!!! I really hate using eBay now-a-days. Dude, this pisses ME off. There seems to be no protection for sellers at all, and nothing that can happen when our feedback gets screwed.

I think you are fighting for all of us on this one. Whatever happens in your case will determine what we can expect if we get caught in this kind of mess.

I want to know, what are we paying them so much for anyway? The a ripping us new ones and the customer support sucks.

19. Erector

News Credits:
    Precisely, doing my best :lol 

Tried to call them just now - the eBay phone number is ridiculously hard to find, but found it. Every single option takes you to an automated voice message saying "email us". There's no way to speak to someone. Absolutely pathetic.

So I've emailed again, and I'm sure they'll come back with some shitty reply again.

20. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    fight the good fight dude, id call that a very fair response as you said yourself no actual transaction was ever carried out!

really does make even me want to stop selling on ebay!