Ebay Problem any Ideas on help please.

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Mirage, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Autobot Spy

I recently purchased this auction from ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260137445455&rd=1&rd=1

It all looked good from the pictures and he even said they were in good condition. But when i received them today, Optimus Prime has a wheel missing, Sludge has half of his tail broken off and Shockwave's arm is broken off. These problems i would think would not classify them as in good condition. Would you? And to top it off he charged 19 dollars to ship all that and it was packaged in one tiny piece of bubble wrap, on the bottom of the box and all the transformers were wrapped together in a thin brown paper and that was it as far as securing the items within the box. He seemed to only show the good side of the transformers in all his pics of the auction, and then had the nerve to say they were in good condition.

I emailed him tonight to tell him i was not satisfied with the items i purchased from him, that there were a few broken here is what i said in the email to him..........................

Sir thank you for the timely shipping. But I would like to say that I am very disappointed in the items I purchased off you. Optimus Prime is missing a wheel, and his roller guy inside the trailer is also missing a wheel, Shockwave has a broken arm, and Snarl has a broken tail (half of it is missing). These are usually normal problems that I would think would be listed in auctions. I was bidding to try and get these three items off you. I actually would not of bid on these items if i saw or read that those items were broken. As you can see in my feedback I am an excellent buyer, And pay immediately after auctions. Is there anything we can do to resolve these problems?

Here is what he replied back to me...................................

The transformers that were shipped to you were my personal transformers from when I was 6 or 7 years old, I played with them. I'm not on Ebay to make a quick buck, I'm a busy guy, if you look I haven't sold anything here for a while, I'm not the person to decieve people, I had a product that was in high demand, (wheels missing or not). It would have been appreciated if an email was sent through ebay and asked me about condition, especially before the last 15 minutes of auction as I see you bid last. In my short description, which was online for three days, I explained bid at your own risk. I would have been more than happy to answer any questions you had, I answered other inquiries about optimus prime to other intrested parties. I do not have time to resolve this problem and all I can ask is you don't give me negative feedback for your mistake of not asking about what you were bidding on and waiting until the last minute to try and steal these items from someone who truely wanted these transformers, missing wheel or not. They told me they were going to get the spare parts on a different auction. Again, Sorry for the disappointment, I wish I had time to resolve.
    Truely Sorry,
    Stepinwlf

Here is what i replied back to that..........

Well sir if that is the case then i will open a dispute with ebay first. I am sorry you don't have time to resolve this, But you listed the items in good condition. That is not good condition if the items are broke they are in poor condition. I would rather resolve this with you first then to open a claim with ebay about this. If we cannot do this then that is the next step i will pursue in this matter.

He has not responded back to me yet.

here are picks of the items i am talking about.........

Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]

Sludge
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shockewave
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Am i the one in the wrong here? Those items do not look like good condition to me. What is the next step I should take? Or am i just screwed out of $166.00 including shipping? Any information to what to do next would be greatly appreciated thank you.

2. Mirage

Mirage Autobot Spy

Holy S**t here is what he responded back to me now wth......

Go ahead, dispute it, but the conditions of these items were never graded so you the buyer must use your best judgment and itellect to identify exactly what you want to buy. I explained in the auction listing that I am not a collector, I didn't even know the name of any one of them except optimus prime, and that is only because the new movie out, I can't remember all the names of action figures. Again, it is people like you that ruin ebay, and that just because you think you pay right away and don't care about anyone else, especially the people you stole these from at the last second irresponsibly, you think that everything is perfect. Maybe try and open your eyes and brain, especailly before you steal auction goods at the last second without iquery.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    If you paid with paypal or a credit card, dispute with them. CCs raise hell, and Paypal will almost for sure get you a partial refund.

4. Mirage

Mirage Autobot Spy

Yes i paid through paypal and with my CC.

5. Mirage

Mirage Autobot Spy

So call my credit card company or file a dispute with paypal first. Who should i contact first.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You got severely screwed. He mentioned NONE of that damage in the auctions, and even arranged the toys so as to give the impression that they weren't broken.
    Open a dispute with eBay as detailed here:
    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html
    "Significantly misrepresent an item by not meeting the terms and item description outlined in the listing."
    File a dispute with Paypal first. If they don't come through, then file with your CC company.
    Frankly, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I find it odd that he's giving you shit for being a sniper. You stole them from other people? Why would he care?

I also think it's shitty that he took pictures that gave the illusion of them being unbroken. He's obviously trying to cash in on the movie, and be sneaky with the condition. You paid $166 for a bunch of crap, I would be pissed too. It's up to HIM to mention obvious defects, you shouldn't have to ask. He claims to not be an expert - you don't need to be an expert to know they are obviously broken.

I wonder how he got Shockwave's arm to stay on in the pic. You can't really call him on the Roller wheel, he's got a good pic of it missing.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    man, he's an ass. make sure you save those images in case he tries making shit up about the damage NOT being hidden in the photos.

9. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Broken before shipped is not: good condition
    Thats misrepresentation.
    Make that clear to eBay/PayPal - good condition = broken ?

Start the claim w/ eBay and since you paid w/ PayPal you will be directed to PayPal to continue the claim you started w/ eBay, that way you start a claim w/ both eBay & PayPal.

Good luck.

10. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    Jesus, that's really freaked up, man.
    This guy's pretty nuts too. The fact that you bid in the last hours or even minutes has nothing to do with it. I myself do that all the time, I always bid the last 5 seconds, and a lot of people do that as well. That's what an auction on eBay is all about. Your max was more than the guy before you, that's the honest thing there is. Despite that the items or in a crying condition, that's how he better could describe it. I'd open a dispute right away. If he really was a honest seller who didn't know anything about TF, he would have described the items much better or had taken much better photo's. He did this on purpose. You can tell me you don't know about TF's, but if a truck's missing some wheels, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know it's broken off.
    I hope eBay resolves this matter for you, and take some actions on this kind of people. Keep us posted.

11. skyywelker

skyywelker Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I guess this is what happens when you 'irresponsibly steal things at the last second'??? WTF! If I were you I would try and take this as fair as you can, paypal claim, partial refund, negative feedback. And then the shipping issue, that is something I really can't stand, I cant tell you how many things I get wrapped in a single sheet of bubble or worse just put in a plastic bag and thrown in a box 5 time too big. If this guy doesn't have time to respond to his deliberate misleadings he shouldn't have had time to list the auction.

12. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Paypal claims services are good. They handled a refund for me in a very reasonable amount of time, like 2 weeks. Cause dude never shipped me a package once.

Id paypal claim first, item was not in condition as described when recieved.

Then maybe use your CC company as a second option, cause my reasoning on that is this: If you stop payment from your CC, Paypal may have issues (I believe) with the funds on a stop payment or fraud/dispute so I'd recommend trying to solve thru a Paypal Claim/Dispute first?

Nail him somehow.

Those Emails back to you are just plain Idiotic of that jerk. Doesnt matter WHEN you bid? Besides, do you think he REALLY wanted to sell it to someone else who bid LESS?? I dont think so. He was looking for an easy sell on this auction. And it looks like he ran into the wrong guy! GIVE IT TO HIM.

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Glue. :wink:  Not saying that to be a wise ass either. I can see (probably) super glue residue on Shocky's broken lower arm. And on the upper arm joint. Discolouration on the purple plastic on the upper arm and the yellowish ring on the elbow joint are give-aways. Tried that ourselfs on our Shockwave back in the day, didn't last.

Still I think this could be chalked up to average Joe's "good condition" being vastly different than a collectors.

14. hotrod5749

hotrod5749 Mildily Handsome

Ebay:
    Contact your credit card company first and they will open a dispute for you. Then they will contact paypal and paypal will contact you. It is best to go directly to the CC company because they can stop payment on the amount so you won't have to pay until it is resolved. You got ripped off so don't care whether or not you make paypal happy. They can deal with the CC. This is clearly misrepresentation and he clearly knew they were damaged. If he stated they were damaged, but not in detail, it would be at your risk, but from what i gather, he just says "good condition".

In the future, always ask questions first. Even if their description says one thing, if you aren't sure or have doubt ASK. Doesn't hurt and will save you headache later on.

15. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

that guy is a f***tard. Who does he think he is to be doing stuff like that. Now, its "people like [him] who ruin ebay"~Stepinwlf

hehe :throw 
    Sock it to him

16. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I second hotrod5749 post.

I believe it will take a while, but your CC company should back you 100%. It may take a while to finally resolve but you'll get back what you ask for. If you ask for a full refund don't forget to return the items with Delivery Confirmation. If Paypal suspects you you're trying to get your money AND the TFs they'll put a hold on your account or ban you.

17. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    GO STRAIGHT TO PAYPAL AND FILE A DISPUTE! You should have done that first anyway. They will refund your money for items "significantly not as described". They will make you open a dispute first, then you can upgrade to a claim. The seller has 10 days to respond to your claim to explain his side. But from the looks of the auction and items you have an easy case.

I have found that going straight to the seller never works anymore. If I have a problem with an item, I get in touch with the seller through paypals dispute console.

I have filed claims twice on paypal for the same reason and won easily both times.

18. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    This Stepinwolf guy is a freakin turd if I ever saw one! Regardless of the outcome, prepare to have a negative feedback out of this one.

19. Mirage

Mirage Autobot Spy

Ya the Negative feedback is going to stink. Will be my first one out of almost 200 items.

20. Mirage

Mirage Autobot Spy

K i will open a dispute with paypal today on my lunch. Should i also call my credit card company then and try to stop the payment or just file the dispute with paypal and hold on calling the credit card company at this point. Oh and also thank you all very much for the information. I will get on this today.