Ebay preorder question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alejandro27, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

Hi I am interested in purchasing this sdcc shockwave from this seller, but says they can not ship til Sept 5 at the earliest and that is more than the 45 days from now to file a paypal claim. Since this is a preorder on ebay are the rules different if you pay now? If this was a scam, would I be out of my money since I didn't file a claim within the 45 days?

SDCC Transformers/G.I.Joe Crossover H.I.S.S. Tank Shockwave set DESTRO & B.A.T. | eBay

2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why can't they ship sooner?? Anyone who got them on HTS would have them long before that.. I'd say wait til it gets closer and file a claim then. Chances are if it's not a scam you'll get it before that.

3. Alejandro27

They say they can't ship sooner because it wont be in their hands til at the earliest sept. 5.

4. Primeinator

Primeinator Cyberverse/Legends lover

Wouldn't it make more sense for the seller to first receive the item, and then list it on eBay?

5. Alejandro27

I know, I thought it was ebay policy that you could not sell an item that is not in your possession?

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Pfft....that doesn't matter.

7. Satomiblood

I could've sworn places like TFSource, Toy Arena, and the like had preorder listings on eBay.

8. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    item must be available within 30 days and state as much:

Presale listings policy

9. Satomiblood

So, that means preorders aren't technically against eBay policy then (as you previously stated). There's just a small window of time when compared to online retailers outside of eBay such as BBTS and the like.

10. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Obviously why the statement was deleted (knee jerk reaction from just waking up).

I'd still be cautious as there is a bigger window then allowed and the feedback is low. Personally I'd go elsewhere.

11. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

um yeah don't pre-order on ebay, lot of it are simply scams, you won't file claim before 30 days because it's technically not the agreed shipment date yet, (you actually have 60 days to open case) 30 days is plenty of time for the seller to sell to people and then just take the money and close down everything. i get antsy if seller doesn't ship out item within a week, not to mention having to pay upfront and wait for month + for seller to possibly send the item. just go with the reputable online stores if you want to preorder that badly.