Ebay issue: Should I wait or shouldn't I ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SureShot90, Nov 28, 2007.

1. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Okay guys here's the issue.

In October I found a Brave Maximus on ebay, one of my last holy grails. The seller shipped worldwide which rarely anyone with that size of figure does/did.
    However at the time of the auction I didn't have the money for it, so I messaged the seller if it would be okay if I paid for it Oct.26th. He wrote back that was fine with him and oct.16th I bought the figure, and as promised the 26th I send the payment via paypal.
    http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320170183157&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123
    He wrote to me he'd be shipping it out the following monday and would write the tracking number to me.
    Now the problems started. Every day from the following monday I waited for him to email me the tracking number, but he didn't. I wrote to him and the 1st weekend of november he apologized that he been busy at school and hadn't got to ship it, but he would right away the following week. That week passed and still no tracking number. I wrote to him and he wrote back he totally forget but promised that he'd ship it now and if he didn't he'd include a free gift. So yet anonther week passed, but still nothing from him. I then wrote again and he replied he was so sorry and he now owed me a free gift, he had forgotten about it and would send it after "Thanksgiving".
    I saved all the messages I recieved from him as "evidence" if needed.
    Now I still haven't heard from him, and I've waited over 1month for him to ship it to me. I don't care about the "Free gift" I just want my figure. Today may patience ran out and I wrote him this in the politest manner I could:

Hi again.
    I have to ask, when you're going to ship the figure, because honestly my patience is running out, and if it hasn't be sent by Friday the 30th and provided a tracking number, I'm considering alternatives.
    Please, this is not a threat. But honestly do understand it's been over a month now, and I'm really not interested in waiting anylonger since it's a figure I really badly want/wanted, and when shipped I have to wait additional 2weeks or so.
    I hope you understand.
    Thank you.
    Regards
    Niels B. Pedersen

Now am I being fair or am I unreasonable ? I think I've been very patient waiting over 30days. I have a hard time believing that in a 30day period you can pull out 1hr of the schedule to go to the post office and send a package.

If he hasn't shipped in by Friday I'm thinking of filing a dispute and claiming my money back - since I did save up for this figure and I just wont let $464 dissappear into thin air.

Now what do you think ? did I act to rash, should I accept waiting longer or ?.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I would wait, see what happens, and if he still doesn't ship it, file a dispute.

Damn, all the ebay horror stories are making me nervous, I bought something recently and the seller hasn't told me he's shipped it yet.:( 

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe he spent your cash and can't afford to ship it?

I understand though, he extended you a courtesy. You extended it back, but now it sounds like he is toying with you. A month to ship is ridiculous, especially on such a high ticket item. How do you forget to send a Transformer the size of a kid? I hope it works out man, sorry to hear about it.

4. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I'd open an issue with Paypal like today. You've been more than patient with this guy.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, me thinks you have been pretty patient with the fellow...is there a time limit by which a "dispute issue" be filed? If so, don't miss the deadline dude!

6. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    File a claim.

7. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Damn ebay punks... file a claim.

8. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Thx guys. I keep him a window open till the 30th and if no reply I'm heading to ebay/paypal.

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    File a dispute now. You can always close it once your seller pulls his head out and ships. I had this clown take me six weeks to sent me a Springer and I think I'd still be waiting for it if I hadn't escalated the matter through Paypal.

10. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    I would most certainly file a dispute.

My gut feeling, after selling and buying a ton of figures through fleaBay, is that this one looks a little suspect. I never go with auctions for figures when they give line or two of description and a photo which looks like stock or from another auction.

On this one, I would have been asking for additonal pictures to be added or for the seller to send you the pictures (or links to them) via email.

Its a big ticket item and if a seller is really not interested in helping you decide whether you want to bid then I would mark them as suspect and forget about it.

When purchasing, or bidding on, something like this, I always ask for some proof of provenance. Be it till receipts or just the history of the figure itself, I can be quite anal and it has served me well so far.

Anyways, I hope this seller comes through for you and would advise filing a dispute using the evidence you have gathered along the way.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Those are some good tips for everyone, thank you :) .

12. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Well I trusted this seller because he had good feedback (only 1 negative over a year ago), and because he at the same time sold a bunch of other TF's where the deal afterwards seemed to be fine.
    I always read feedback and try to check out the seller before doing any business. I've done hundreds of deals on ebay without problems, and this is the only one where there's lots of $ involved I have some prob's with.

13. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

currently, i would not think twice before filling a dispute, first of all it's business not friendships, second i'm not up to scam any1 but many have scamed me, so they'll just have to trust me cuz i will give the money back upon item arrival otherwise i will probably give half of the whole value.

For not filling disputes or trusting people already costed me a mib g1 megatron, more than 200€ and some motu items, so i'm not taking any chances of loose more € or items.

14. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Exactly. That's why I wrote no later than the 30th. then he has time to reply - but even if he gives an excuse not to ship it, i'll still file a complaint.

15. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    After a month, i can't see three more days making a huge difference.

So, i too am going to suggest you file a claim post haste.

16. HellSpawn

HellSpawn And justice for all...

90 days maximum. This includes a claim through Ebay. Paypal I don't know. Check it out, open the dispute today. Once the 90 days are gone, so is your money. Lost some big cash to a fraudulent Ebayer myself over 2 years ago. Not funny.

If the person doesn't reply within 30 days to your dispute, claimback your money through Ebay. If you've payed by Paypal, claim it within the time limit indicated on their website.

17. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Yea but I kinda already gave him an ultimatum the 30th so just going ahead with a file kinda backfires on me. But I ain't waiting a second longer either.

18. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    get em!! *shakes his fist*

sometimes it takes a while to get the money to ship, but not that long, he must have spent the shipping money on something else, or never intends to ship it at all

19. SureShot90

Ebay:
    I opened a paypal dispute now (ya it's Nov. 30th 01:43 here in the country) and if he doesn't reply by wednesday I'll escalte it to a claim... I hate to do it cuz I really want a Brave Max, but it doesn't seem like he's interested in giving me one.

20. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm feeling the same way, but my purchase was less than $4 shipped.

Good luck man. I really hope this doesn't turn into one expensive lesson.