Ebay issue /question...bought from a seller and now he shows no longer registered ,

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by G1_Cindersaur, Dec 4, 2010.

1. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    bought /won a fortress maximus builder body(most cannons and waist cannons intact) ...for under $100 not counting shipping...paypalled payment on wednesday morning...on friday ebay shows him no longer as a registered user...opened a case with ebay...he posted a "working on getting account active again...all items will be shipped with paypal...and just put TBD in the tracking area of the case....he also did the same with paypal...

ebay id junk_in_the_trunk_518

so now it is saturday nite and still no tracking info....i sent a message this morning asking when he would have tracking for the item....

how long should i let the case ride before i escalate it to ebay support....i really want the item i won( helluva a deal) and at the same time it is starting to make me wonder if this seller is going to ship the item out or not....

2. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you're aware of the severity of this particular situation.

What exactly happened I have no idea, but eBay not only cancelled and removed all of this seller's active listings a few days ago but also his inactive ones, too, which left me with no way of opening a dispute through the auction site itself. If I hadn't been watching four of his items and received a warning about not completing any outstanding sales with this guy when they negated them, I probably wouldn't have noticed for a while, either.

When I found out he was no longer a registered user, I immediately opened a dispute on Paypal, only for him to send the following response:

I suggest going to Paypal immediately and open a dispute. If you're feeling generous, then give him 7 to 10 days to get your package to you then file a claim if it doesn't get there. That's what I'm personally doing even though I'm pretty sure he's just stalling for time. eBay doesn't just lay the smackdown on someone that hard without reason.

3. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    paypal just refers me back to the ebay resolution case:

So should i just slam the hammer down and escalate this to the ebay support team or give it a few days?

since i have contacted him directly via email this morning and via the ebay case this morning and gotten no answer...i am starting to agree that it looks like this guy is just dodging for time.

4. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    escalate right now. protect yourself.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This! this fellow sounds as fishy as the seven seas.

6. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    escalated.

now we will see what ebay says and how long they will take to take action on this case.
    the thing that miffs me is that I got NO NOTICE at all that they were taking this action...i noticed this auction was not in the feedback area of ebay for me to leave feedback on it...went digging to paypal and clicked the auction link and got###### is no longer avaliable...and then understood what happened...

7. Lunar Archivist

I used the "item not received" option in Paypal and opened a dispute against him. Considering that he charged me 21 bucks in shipping for a box of Transformers accessories and Doubledealer (and assuming just for the sake of argument that he's telling the truth), that package should reach Canada in less than two weeks. I can escalate it to a claim as early as Monday if I choose to. I didn't go through eBay simply because I didn't know how. They deleted all the listings and all records of the listings. Every attempt to file a complaint resulted in my hitting a "speed bump" and getting an error message.

8. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Dude that's really F'ED up!
    I hope you get all your cash back.

9. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    File the claim. If you get the items do the honest thing and give the money back.

10. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It could just be that he didn't pay his eBay fees and they suspended him.

11. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    in the worst-case scenario, go to your credit card company or bank (whichever funded the paypal transaction) and file a chargeback.

KO

12. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Honestly, I've shipped things to Canada that took three weeks to actually get to the buyer. For whatever reason shipping to Canada can take a while.

13. Lunar Archivist

Yes, that's true. But I'm factoring size into this equation. This package should not have taken more than 10 to 12 bucks to ship via First Class mail, in which case I would agree with you about the delivery time. The fact that it cost me twice what it should've means that it's being sent via Priority, so it should take less than three weeks to get here.

14. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Real talk!

I can get a package Express Mailed to Australia, U.K. & China faster than I can Canada?!

15. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    depends. I was supposed to do a collab with an artist in Canada but the deadline is risky because it can take up to two weeks to get there even though I live in Michigan (he's in toronto).

I've had art shipped to australia and art from australia that took a month (from trusted people) but also had some that took 2 weeks (never ever had anything take less then 2 weeks from oz).

Sent packages to Sweden that took 5 days.

Philippines and China are iffy.

16. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    True, if it was shipped Priority. The buyer could have also charged a very large handling amount.

I've sent a package to the UK (priority) that took about a week or so. The two incidents that took exactly 3 weeks (to Canada) were shipped first class. I had a buyer also tell me that 3 weeks seems to be the norm for that method.

17. Lunar Archivist

I'm just assuming that the buyer's being honest here, unrealistic as that may be. I have a bit of a reputation for being difficult about shipping, but that's only because I get really irked when someone pads out shipping and handling fees to make more money. If you add an extra dollar or three for packaging materials and gas money, that's fine. But I get seriously pissed off when someone charges 12 dollars shipping, sends it as a small package for 2 bucks, and pockets the difference.

Besides, I can always complain if he overcharges on shipping. In this case I decided to give the guy a break because I won a ton of parts, many of them rare or valuable, for one or two bucks each. I even got a stripped down Doubledealer for parts for two bucks or so.

18. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    he charged me $39.99 for USPS parcel post...he was going to get a crap DSR rating for that before all this other crap started..

19. Lunar Archivist

Not to sound like I'm playing the Devil's Advocate here or calling you unreasonable, but that sounds about right to me. Fortress Maximus is the size of an 18 month-old child and is pretty damn heavy. I'd expect domestic shipping to cost at least 25 to 35 bucks.

20. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    never heard from the seller from my last email and ebay message asking for tracking...

ebay refunded my $$$ this morning....would love to have gotten the builder fort max for that but i have a feeling that no one he sold to is getting their items