ebay issue..how long should i wait before i file a claim with paypal?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by DarthMagnificus, Mar 22, 2010.

1. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

won 2 auction items from a overseas seller TFCTOY in hong kong...got the ebay message with tracking that both items shipped combined in one box on 3/15/2010...ran the tracking # he gave me in the hong kong link he provided and USPS.com and nothing comes up with a status....

emailed seller via ebay messaging center on 3/20/2010 and via direct email and no response...so how long should i wait before getting paypal involved?

it is about $70 with shipping added in...i have bought from this guy before and not had problems....others have mentioned in his feedback that they have not gotten items in a timely matter or no response to messages sent to him...per his message to me the tracking could take a few days...but now it is a week since he sent the shipped mesage....thanks everyone for their input....

2. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    You have 45 days to file a dispute. Considering it's only been a week and packages from China can take 2-3 weeks, there's no need to worry yet.

3. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

well now 10 days and no reply to my repeated messages to the seller...so paypal claims filed....

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'd have given him 30 days before filing. Just cause it does take a while for stuff to get here from there.

5. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

i filed not because the items have not arrived...but because the tracking # he gave is bogus...it shows nothing...hong kong post and USPS says it does not exist....and he refuses to answer emails or messages from ebay...and he continues to list auctions so i know he has access to the internet....

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what did he use to ship it? EMS? USPS will not update until they have it in their hands.

However, your kind of jumping the gun on this one because it usually takes several weeks to get stuff from China.

Whats his feedback like?

7. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Too hasty...Like what the rest of the boys said. :rolleyes2 

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Nah, I'm with Darth on this one (speaking as someone who has been fucked over too many times on eBay).

At the very least it is shit customer service.

As you say, he has access to the net so has no excuse for not replying to your messages.

You can always end the claim if the item turns up, and if not, you've already got a head start.

Good comms is the standard for any eBay seller IMO. If the dude can't even manage a one line message out of courtesy then he's either shockingly lazy or a complete twat.

9. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    He hasent had any auctions listed in awhile, mabey he is away?

10. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never had to wait several weeks to get stuff from China, two weeks maybe two and half weeks the most. I use to buy a lot of makeup supplies for my gf and one thing i noticed with pretty much every seller i delt with in china is they will answer your emails lightning fast to make that sale but once the sale has been made it is like pulling teeth to get an update or reply from them. They do have the worst C/S manners.
    I dont think you jumped the gun , like someone else said if your stuff arrives then you can close the claim but if it dont you already have the ball rolling and get it done faster.

Try this site for tracking your package, Universal Package Tracking Service @ Packagetrackr you may get a hit from another service your package may have went thru on its way to you.

Hope it works out for you :) 

11. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

Update:

GOT $15 BACK ON RAVAGE...

Still have the other $55 portion which was seaspray plus shipping pending...tracking never showed anything...TFCToy never responded to the first claim for ROTF japan ravage....so that tells me that the punk biotch never sent the items...that it would not make sense to keep silent on a filed paypal claim if you had actually mailed something....