Ebay Investigators Unite! Is there shill bidding on this auction?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by TFwIcKeD, Dec 13, 2009.

1. TFwIcKeD

TFwIcKeD Banned

What are your thoughts? Ebay item # 270497826823

I was going to put a bid on this item, but after reviewing, I believe some shill bidding is involved.

Top bidder is currently:
    Bidder: k***y( 1 )

Check his bidding history:
    Total bids: 4
    Items bid on: 2
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%
    Bid retractions: 0
    Bid retractions (6 months): 0

I think it is a crying shame that if there is shill bidding involved.

Custom Transformers : ROTF Leader Class Optimus Prime - eBay (item 270497826823 end time Dec-14-09 11:10:51 PST)

2. Noise Maker

Noise Maker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesn't the creator of that post here at TFW?

I don't think it's a scam - it might be that this "K..Y" person is just a fan of his.

3. TFwIcKeD

TFwIcKeD Banned

Maybe you are right.

Did some more research, Ebay item number: 270474136607

"K***Y" did a lot of bidding on this auction too, only to be second place.

A third item: Ebay #: 270468784430

K****Y shows up again

4. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know..... there are a few people that have bid on this specific item that ONLY have bid on his things. No matter what, eBay has set things up to literally promote shill bidding. I have had to start canceling or limiting bidders with low feedback to try and prevent this.

5. TFwIcKeD

TFwIcKeD Banned

That's too bad, I was going to enter a bid of $750, but won't be anymore

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I think it's always good practice to state in your rules to not accept zero feedback bidders. Not only does it help prevent bids from unestablished accounts, it also prevents potential bidders to think you are shilling your own auctions.

I have on occasion been contacted by zero feedback bidders, and in one case, she won the auction, but ONLY when I've been provided with "backup" credentials.

7. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. People with less than 5 feedback have to contact me prior. if they don't take the time to at least read my auction description, then they are not serious buyers in my mind.

Also, ebay has settings you can activate to prevent people with low feedback, unpaid item strikes, suspicious activity, etc. from bidding on your auctions. I have EVERY selection selected and active!

8. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have had some zero feedback bidders. Especially with as much promotion i DO, i have bidders with eBay accounts they have not used in over a year, or they sign up just to bid on my stuff. I have had to do my fair share of bid canceling though.....

I am not calling auction out on shill bidding because I have had similar things happen..

9. TFwIcKeD

TFwIcKeD Banned

I am personally rooting for Y****H to win, so we can see if he pays for the item

10. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been contacted by a few zero feedback bidders and only allowed one to bid. If someone is willing to read my rules and follow them I'll give them a chance.

I actually got hit up by someone local to buy my Superion...sats he doesn't have an ebay account. I said make one and bid away. He's local. Figure if nothing else it will save me shipping :D 

11. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I personally don't care what feedback you have just as long as you pay and leave feedback then I'll have you as a customer. People shouldn't forget that they too were once at 0 for their feedback. I've had multiple people with 0 feedback bid on TFs & what not and just barely win, edging out somone else in a bid war. Hell I've even had reliable people who had negatives on thier accounts, and sold to fellow sellers.

Exactly

12. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    THIS!

IMHO:

Paying up is the MOST IMPORTANT THING in an auction. The other credentials are just secondary. :lol 

13. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    but it's been proven countless times that accounts with zero feedback are either (a) fictitious/BS accounts and (b) cause problems with auctions. I prefer to have my bidders rest confidently that I will not accept zero feedback bids. If someone's willing to shell out + $100 on a custom toy, I take them and their bid seriously.

14. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Other side of the fence is:

I take offense to that.

I never use eBay but If I wanted to buy something I have to create an account, i'm sorry I have 0 feedback but it doesn't make me a twat.

I think people on eBay are generally worth avoiding regardless of feedback number. You could have 2500 fdeedback but that doesn't mean this 1 time you won't be a dick and not pay. Its just a number, nothing else.

Just wanted to raise that point :) 

15. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope...yer a twat :D  j/k

I just ask that people with 0 feedback contact me first. I'll let anyone bid on my auctions. I just want other people to be assured that I'm not pulling anything underhanded.

16. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I'm just stating that it's FACT that new accounts or bad feedback = trouble. I do get the occasional request to bid from someone without feedback, but it's very rare. I will also remove any zero feedback bids from my auctions. I also send those canceled bidders a message. 10 out of 10 times, they don't reply stating why they wish to bid. I've also had only 2 cases of non-pay, whereas other sellers I know have had many. I've sold a lot on ebay too.

It's as easy as buying 1 or 2 things to get 1 or 2 feebacks. Costs a few bucks, but will help your ebay account grow.