Ebay help needed

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by galvatron1701, Nov 4, 2008.

1. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place and I apologise for the essay.

On Sunday the 12th October I won an auction for a complete set of boxed Japanese G1 Predacons in excellent condition. It was rather expensive, but I've always wanted them and had the money.

I emailed the seller before bidding, asking if postal insurance was available, and they replied saying they would insist upon it. The seller himself was a relatively new seller with only 3 feedback based in Japan.

On Sunday the 19th the seller sent me the following email:

"Hi,your item was shipped on last Wednesday, please let mw know when you receive it and please leave a feedback to me if you are happy with my items,thank you."

Now, the wednesday must have been the 15th. I have only ordered from Japan twice before, but those arrived within 7 days. I emailed the seller again on the 28th and told them it had not arrived, and asked if they had been given a tracking number when they got the insurance. They replied the same day:

"HI, it will be take 7-14 biz days to reach u , if u still aren't receive it by end of this month, i will go to contact the postoffice, but no worries, your item will not lost and missing,thanks".

Now, as far as I can work out its been 14 business days so far, and nothing has arrived. I'm getting rather nervous!

It did take 2 weeks for my Omega Sentinal to arrive from the US, so maybe I'm just not being patient enough. On the other hand, I paid a lot for this auction, and was expecting it sooner given the insurance I paid for (is on the paypal invoice).

The other reason I'm nervous is the seller. He did have several other nice TF auctions, but the only ones to be bid on were paperwork auctions worth only a few dollars. He/she received feedback from the buyers almost instantly, themselves only having a few feedbacks.

What I'm worried about is that this person has gotten a mate to leave him feedback in order to lure trusting people into bidding on expensive stuff, and then running off with their money.

So, my fellow ebayers, am I being too rash? Should I wait a while longer before talking to Ebay and Paypal?

Many thanks for your help

2. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

i would wait another week or so. did he say what method he used to ship the package?

3. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

I'm afraid not. The paypal receipt simply says 'Postage and packaging via Standard Int'l Flat Rate Postage', which I guess is surface. I think I've made the mistake of assuming it'd be air mail given the cost.

4. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    just pressure him into giving you a tracking number, otherwise open a claim. No mercy!

5. Code

Code Banned

Ebay:
    wait one more week, u have up to 45 days to file, you still got some time

6. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I'm still waiting on a package from Spain from octb. 15th too, and it can't take over 3weeks to get to Denmark, I'm giving the guy another week before filing a dispute and make him hand out the tracking number. So I'd say give it a week more and if nothing happens then go for a claim.

7. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

And people on these forums Crap on me for only selling in the US :rolleyes: 
    Been burned too many times for over sea Jap crap. Never again.

8. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

Hi chaps

Well, I got this email this morning....

'Dear Sean Brown,

After careful review, this claim has been decided in your favour and $229.54 USD has been credited to your account.

This is the maximum amount covered by PayPal. If your claim was for more than the amount recovered, the outstanding balance is due from the seller and we will make our best effort to recover it for you.'

So, I got less than half back from the thieving git. They say they will do their best to get the rest of my money, but for some reason I doubt Ill see any more.

I'd like to say thanks to all those that replied, and I leave with a warning, do not buy from 'transformersvsvoltron'.

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    in addition, be sure not to give him negative feedback until you get feedback. Many sellers like to retaliate and hold feedback until the buyer gives it. Stupid system if you ask me - how can a buyer get neg. feedback?

10. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I dont think sellers can give negative feedbacks now.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Nope. They can't leave negative or neutral.
    Sorry to hear you didn't get all your money back bro. :( 

12. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^ NOPE, Sellers can no longer leave negative feedback on buyers. Kinda sucks too, cause I have been burned more in the last month than in the last couple of years!

13. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Well, that's good news (about sellers leaving negative/neutrals)
    Sucks because I have 1 from the past, a-hole seller never sent the item, 2 months went by so I marked him negative. Then he did the same back. I was an ebay newbie.

14. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

who was the seller?

15. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    A little reading goes a long way.

16. zgraham

zgraham Well-Known Member

If you paid with a credit card through paypal, call them and do a charge back. Your card company will get all of your money back from paypal. Let them deal with getting the rest of their money back. That is why I only pay with a card through paypal.