Ebay have just destroyed my business

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Red leader, Jun 13, 2008.

1. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unlike DBZ fans who are childish and rude :p 

Don't know why I posted that but good luck for the future Red :D 

2. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Good luck Red; you're definitely a class act and I wish you nothing but success in your (near) future endeavours! :) 

3. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool! Let me know where it is and I'll drop in. :) 

4. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Just want to say I wish you all the best with getting your store up and running and I'm disgusted at the way that ebay appear to have treated you. For what it's worth, I found you to be a trustworthy, professional and courtious ebay seller who really helped me out with getting my Alternators collection to it's current, healthy, near complete state. Let us know how the new shop goes, and if you start selling online again, let us know the link, coz I'll certainly be buying from you.

5. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Red leader, you have a PM. :) 

6. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Tough deal, but you are going to get nowhere with eBay, and the will not tell you the reasoning behind their decision. I had been falsely accused of having my auctions shill bid on, which were totally baseless, and dozens of phone calls and emails got me nowhere.

Their system is one where they play hand of God.

7. RetroRalph

RetroRalph Member

I haven't read through the entire thread, but do you have any chance of getting your account reinstated? This happened to me as well, and after two months they reviewed my account and I was reactivated.

8. JetnotSkyFire

JetnotSkyFire will return after these messages

I've only just seen this thread and I'm sorry this has happened. I've just bought from you and the service was excellent. Good luck with the new store, I hope you can make it work. Banning a good store like yours is madness.

Jon

9. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sad to hear, good luck bro

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Did you talk to them yet Andy?

11. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Banned

Call me old-fashioned but that's still my favourite type :) 

Good luck with your future ventures fella. Ebay can go perform physical impossibilities.

Have you got stock listed for sale on here?

12. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yep, talked to them this morning and thankfully their response has made me more determined not to go back, they wont tell me why I was booted and I am still genuinely confused as to why as we did everything above board but the the thing that confirmed them as the proverbial hand of god was this

''we understand your confusion and frustration but our decision is the right one and will stand, you are suspended for 12 months and may not be eligible for reinstatement after this time, we thank you for your business over the last 4 years''

that is my parting gift from ebay, a big f#ck you, I added up all the fees I have paid them in the last 12 months and the plus point is it adds up to more than enough to pay the rent on our new store, I'm also getting a pro webstore designed and will be back on amazon, ebid and tfieds within the next month, ebay have become a coporate monster and I genuinely pity the next person they do this too, its kind of a relief to not be tied to them anymore and now we're out on our own we can hopefully reduce prices some more and create a really good efficient service for the uk buyers, it hinges on the dollar rate but at the moment we should be able to pitch our prices so they are the same as buying from the asian market.

Thanks for asking Pete, again it shows what cool people ther are in the transformers community, I'll also see you at auto assembly :)  heard you were going dood!!!

13. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Talk about a ******ed, self-contradictory piece of rhetorical nonsense.

14. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Sadly, that's no joke. Yes he's confused - because you stand by a decision you won't explain! Dicks.

15. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Agreed. Typical corperate BS and double-talk. :banghead: 
    Sometimes you're better off just moving on. When Red Leader/Dackhater's new store goes online, I'll certainly be looking for what I want there first before I go to ebay.

16. 'nok

'nok undead space monkey

any chance of a link or anything in the forums? I'm always looking, and sometimes not overextended financially.

17. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Screw ebay, stuff like this sucks, makes it harder for people to find good quality stuff on there when the decent sellers are getting kicked off for no reason.

If you get a webshop on the go, I'll definitely consider that over the 'bay, any day.

And whereabouts would a brick 'n' mortar be situated? Not in Megan Fox's pants, surely?

18. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Banned

Good point. You might want to stock up on air freshener, Red Leader ;) 

19. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tried Megans Panties but there just wasnt enough space :) 

Its going to be in Norwich in Norfolk! :)  I know I know, its not that bad, we should have a webstore by the end of the end of the month with the store being open end of July fingers crossed :)  I've gone from really depressed to quite excited, its quite a relief regaining control instead of it being in the hands of ebay, NO MORE PAYPAL!!!! OH YEAH!!! well not as much from now anyways.

Thanks again for all the nice messages guys

20. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Can eBay legally kick you off without giving a reason? I'm still confused by this. Why not give a reason? "You smell bad", "We just don't like you", "You messed around with our sister"... SOMETHING at least.

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, so consider this as fate's way of kicking you in the but and getting you on the road to bigger and better things!