Ebay have just destroyed my business

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Red leader, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I've been on the boards for a while now and some of you may know my ebay shop in the uk dacks_transformer_empire, user ID dackhater2005, I have been a member for over 4 years and had 99.6% feedback with all my DSR's above 4.8 , my total feedback was over 3000 with only ever having a total of 4 negatives.

As of today I recieve a call from an irish gentleman informing me that I have broken ebays rules and my account will be suspended for 12 months minimum, he would not tell how I had breached them or when , all he would say was he had evidence and it was linked to gaining to many neutrals since the feedback change, I think I had a total of 4 since Xmas. We had just set up our brand new store kapow! and that too has been suspended as they were openly linked to one another.

My livelyhood has been destroyed and my wife is in bits, ebay dont give a shit and wont even tell me why, I have had real fun and enjoyment selling to a lot of you guys and my store has been the most fun thing I ever did in my working life, I love transformers and loved buying and selling them, we were one of the biggest on the uk bay and sadly no more, apologies about having a little heartfelt rant but I'm really at a bit of a loss today and dont know what to do with myself, best get used to being poor hey :( 

2. y2jversion1

y2jversion1 Rent this space today!

Ebay:
    Why not open up your own private web-shop like Kooltoyz, A3U, TFSource etc?

At least that way you don't have to be dependant on a 3rd party like ebay.

I'm sure there are tonnes of ways around it..ebay ain't the end of the world.

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I totally don't understand why they've done this to you mate. Was totally shocked when I got your text earlier... it just seems 100% fucked.

Y2J - it's all well and good saying "open a webstore" but it's getting people to visit it and buy from it. Trust me, I know this.

4. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    yeah I'm going to do that, it was in the process anyway but ebay was bringing in the money in the meantime plus it takes a while to set up a web business but never say die! :)  i'm going to get drunk tonight, damn friday the 13th

5. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Cheers bud, all I can think is they want rid of the little guy, not blowing my own trumpet but we never got the bad word of mouth and I'm totally WTF! def been totally PWN'd!!!

6. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that man, e-bay seems to be trying to outdick Sentinel Prime himslef. I wish I knew why they keep doing this to sellers, eventually they'll have none.

7. Erector

News Credits:
    Totally pwned :( 

Think on what I said earlier as a short term measure, and I've had another idea which is a bit more drastic but would work too probably. But like I said, let's leave that til you've managed to speak to eBay, if they actually TELL you anything.

8. Erector

News Credits:
    ooh and I've had another idea! I'm on a fecking roll here!

*writes everything down*

9. Erector

News Credits:
    I wonder if that's their plan. Get rid of the small-volume sellers (although I know Red Leader isn't small volume!) and then only have eBay as a big marketplace with mainstream shops...

10. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Can't you just open up a new ebay account...I know you won't have your selling history anymore but it's better than nothing...

11. Erector

News Credits:
    When you set up an eBay account you've got to put in name, address etc. I dare say if they cross-referenced and found you it'd just happen again.

12. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    I have heard that they're making a push to get aways from auctions all together ( focus more on BIN ) and be more of a one stop shop for everything maybe the OP ran too many true auctions.

13. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

If eBay were all BIN's, I'd never bother. They're always overpriced.

14. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    I think if he uses someone else in his family, like his wife's name, he'll be fine.

15. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I'm really sorry to hear about your business, man. I really am. I hope things get better, quickly.

Actually, eBay might work out better for the buyer if it becomes a B*I*N place.

You'd never have to worry about shill bidders, snipers, sellers backing out ever again.
    At first, the prices would be astronomical, that's true. However, the sellers will start to lowball one another and go for the competition angle, which in the end makes for lower prices for the buyers. They'll have to lower their prices at some point, otherwise people will never buy. Past a certain point, no one's willing to spend *that* (whatever that may be) much for the item in question and eBay will notice less and less sales going on, giving the sellers incentives to lower their prices.

Of course, it could blow up in a buyer's face, this is true...but I think it could work in favor of the buyer after a while.

16. Erector

News Credits:
    That was one of my ideas :) 

17. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that man! if you do decide to open up an online store for yourself...i could help you drive traffic to your site via online marketing tools etc. just a thought. it's a part of my day to day job developing sites and making sure they are listed on top within search eingines and online ads.

18. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd recommend your other half setting up an account and using that - also, use a different bank & Paypal account as they can detect that and suspend your arse again.

It seems to me that eBay are on the path to committing commercial suicide - I can't see this squeezing-out ending well. I wouldn't be surprised if Google set up a rival to attract people frozen out by eBay's recent tactics.

19. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    gl, we got suspended a week for just having 1 knock off on there by accident.

the item relisted itself automatically >_<

20. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    thanks for all the kind words, as for signing up again its a no no, my wife got booted today too as she uses my paypal account and her ebay is registered to our home address, it just seems you get destroyed by being honest but the a-holes that make it a crappy place to trade still keep on ticking.