eBay Flash Sale Discussion and Commentary Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by kibble, Jan 11, 2018.

1. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    I do wish eBay told the sellers if the buyers used the coupon code or not. I sold some high priced stuff and contacted one guy to see if he used the code and he did and appreciated that I contacted him about it.
    Now I'm not gonna contact everyone but to help someone who doesn't notice the code sure helps them.

2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope all you people dropping Hundreds of dollars are using a cashback site as well.

3. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently, FT28 was restocked after it sold out during the flash sale but I just received a message from one*day_bid telling me he won't have his next stock of FT28 until next month which is fine with me considering how muched I saved. However, Will I still have ebay protection for that long? The estimate delivery date listed is Feb 11 - March 22

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You have 6 months protection from Paypal I believe.

5. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

Had to work and missed this. motherhubbard!!!

6. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't think he had any stock because I bought FT28 back on Nov 21st and he advised me in January the figure will be sent. Nothing to panic about but something to be aware of too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It was reported first one is coming this Sunday, or was that one the one we had yesterday?

8. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I grabbed the Amazing Yamaguchi Psylocke for a little over $50 from a Japanese seller.

9. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is their some way to buy eBay gift cards cheaper than the face value then ?

Someone mentioned it was possible ?

Also Playtime15 has now expired.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  10. slideshot

slideshot Well-Known Member

It happens, though usually on other sites. Last one was on a site called swytch i think? Raise.com has them cheaper, but the rate below face value is pretty negligibly.
    If you haven't already, I would recommend creating an email alert on a deal site (i use slickdeals.net) for ebay. They're usually good at finding out deals before hand, though lately, I've gotten a few alerts for codes that ended up not going live.

11. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

I did! Ebates had 2% back on eBay toys category yesterday. So 15% coupon + 8% bucks + 2% cashback made it 25% off.

I bought the last TFM Stunticon I needed. All four of the car bots were between 50-60$ for me this last month from eBay and Ages3andUp. Already had the truck, so Menasor in a few weeks!

Bought Ko BMB GRIMLOCK on a lark. Price was great but not impossibly so, China seller feedback around 600, so I'm cautiously optimistic this works out and I get a big damn dinosaur.

12. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just a follow-up from Baba which I found interesting to share.
    I did message him asking about the price increase and if could drop it back to the original price from the day before. He responded back late last night (after I moved on and purchased from another seller).

He mentioned “that I should buy from him directly and he will refund $10 once it’s delivered”. Don’t know if this a common thing with him or if anyone had this experience before but found it a bit odd? If I was still waiting I would of suggested he easily just send me an invoice to purchase with the adjusted price?

O’ and never addressed the price increase.
    Eitherway I got my Guttur :) 

13. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

You might have some luck after Christmas. People give tons of gift cards and a lot go to waste.
    It seems odd since his seller fees would be higher with the increased price if he’s going to refund you anyways.

14. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool! It is worth the wait with that price. Sweet!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up Eligos on the 10% flash sale and Quietus on the 15% sale. Still think Eligos will be my Cyclonus cause always imagined him taller and beefier to fight Magnus. Quietus looks better in alt mode so he’ll be Armada.

16. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

When he says buy from him directly, maybe he means his non-eBay site? Bababobo00712 Toy Store

• Like Like x 1
  17. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    Man, so apparently these eBay sale codes can only be used on 1 item, or maybe 1 transaction, with 1 seller. Because yesterday I had 2 items in my cart. Both from different sellers. I went to checkout. It made me pay for each item separately. So I go to pay for the first item, which was about $20. Use the code. Then it says I still have items in my cart. I go to pay for the next item, which was $60, and it says I've already redeemed the code. WTF? If I knew it was one use only, I would have used on the $60 item instead of $20 item! Fucking sketchy ass eBay bullshit!:mad:  Hell, I could have saved myself more money in the long run and bought PE Mega Doragon with the code! Because I know I'm going to get him eventually. Now I gotta wait for the next sale.

18. Kero

Kero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't been able to figure out how/why they break up shopping carts. I used codes for multiple items from multiple sellers and had the transaction go through but also had it broken up and still able to use the code for all items. I did have one cart with items with different currencies get broken up and not be able to use the code the second time. At the very least, Sunday is rumored to be another 15% code.

19. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    My Christmas presents arrived from Baba from the last 15% sale back in late November. Took maybe 2 weeks for him to actually ship out because of Canada Post labour disputes. Actually got to Canada VERY fast after shipped, i couldnt believe it. Then, sits on Canada Post for many days doing nothing but waiting for someone to bring it. But now i got them ALL, except 1 that i just bought 2 days ago...

BC Huffer: WOW, already transformed him twice on the first day of receipt (i rarely transform MP so quickly, if at all...).

MS Huffer / Ultra Magnus / Trailbreaker: All 3 look very nice, but Trailbreaker just looks the best sculpt / face / colors wise, but weakest qc/tightness. Glad i got these for work.

Now just waiting on MS Artfire, and i am complete for many months.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How does this work?