eBay Flash Sale Discussion and Commentary Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by kibble, Jan 11, 2018.

1. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

I've seen people from A3U complaining about Rub and ShowZ in this very board. It makes sense. Either the collector market is big enough for everyone in which case price has to fall or the collector market is limited and all these Chinese sellers are taking away significant business. Can't have both.

2. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

So sellers were getting mad because you were selling stuff at higher prices than them? How does that make sense? It would either make their item look more desirable or lead to receiving better prices themselves...

What do they say? They complain that they give people better prices? How does that go over?

3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. I didn't know it went down like that. I'm curious as to what they said about Netclow and Baba.

4. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No idea. I'm sure it was a ploy to get it for nothing to either re-sell or to collect but the one guy even mentioned he was watching these items since 2008. This all took place in 2016. Why would you watch auctions for 8 years, especially if your claiming you can get them for less than half of what I was asking?

Unfortunately, it only takes one ass ho to make your life miserable on ebay. I had four at that time.

5. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I figured as much on other sellers complaining about those two (Baba & NC). Ebay has zero reasons to get involved unless 1) someone complains or 2) you as the seller are doing something you shouldn't be doing i.e. ripping customers off, selling KO's, etc.

I'm not sure anyone is into 1/6th figures but a similar issue like this happened with Phicen. A seller repeatedly was under selling other sellers until one stop carrying their products until changes happened. It was the same shit fest.

I'm not for the current NA prices but it would seem there is room for a decrease in the market.

6. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I sell in the FB groups as it's far less restrictive, and I've really only seen ONE retailer that consistently talks sh!t about sellers from China. He is US based and between his, 'buy local' and 'support local business' posts, he always manages to get in underhanded comments about how China is full of scammers. At first I found it offense, but at this point now, it's just amusing and borders on racist since he does it every time.

Pretty much every time someone reports getting beads or getting scammed from some random ebay seller - you will see his posts. Same garbage over and over. If anybody is in some of the FB groups, you'll probably know who I'm talking about....

I think ebay allows anybody to report any item to them. It could be a jilted lover, a customer who wasn't happy, or another seller (in China or anywhere in the world) that reported some of the 3rd party items or whatever. Ebay and Paypal are pretty ruthless - and are happy to shut down your account without an appeals process if they feel it warranted. I'm guessing BB probably got some kind of warning and decided to cool it for a bit - since keeping his account and his feedback are worth more than the potential lost sales.

Really? Got a link?

If it's true, that kinda sucks since I always thought the A3U guys were a pretty cool bunch who really enjoyed promoting TF's and never really seemed like the types to fling mud.

It's pretty obvious that all sellers are competing with each other if they are selling the same identical items. Whether you buy from the site sponsors, me, or ebay - if we're all selling the exact same product(s), of course I'd prefer you buy from me over someone else but because retail is a service business, each retailer I think tries to distinguish themselves as best as possible...

That might be by always having the lowest price...
    Including free shipping on every product...
    Shipping same day...
    Having the friendliest customer service ever...
    Best packaging ever...
    first to have the product...
    Reward/Loyalty programs...
    Coupons...

etc.etc....whatever.

Each retailer I think strives to be the best they can to attract the most customers, and you can't really fault a competitor for being better than you. Lol. That's like being mad that the nice handsome guy who gets all the ladies. You just end up looking like a jerk if you talk shit about him...

At the end of the day, I like to think that the majority of TF retailers are classy dudes. While making a profit is definitely a priority, I also think that most TF retailers are in the biz because they love Transformers and love sharing that love of Transformers... lol.

The biggest kick I get out of my rub deals is hooking people up all over the world in all different states from different walks of life - all unified by Transformers. It's so cool to help get figures into the hands of collectors in Germany one day, Florida the next, and then Serbia the next. I just sent a set of the BadCube Insecticons to a dude in Holland! Guy just sent me a bank transfer all on trust and faith. (He just confirmed he got it and was happy of course :) 

That's just my 2 cents.

• Like Like x 4
  7. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    baba has (had) a second account floating around... anybody remember what it was? Maybe some stuff is still there.

8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    You can post here as not to bump the flash sale thread without news of an actual flash sale. ;) 
    But yes, he (and netclow) hasn't provided tracking/shipping confirmation for the rest of us either. We should get the word any day now though.

He has 2 more ebay accounts (making it 3 total)

bobolong4u
    toystown2015

But both are empty now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

I asked Baba if he will be relisting his items his response was:

"Yes, my friend
    EBay is not allowed to be published for the time being“

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Someone really needs to advise him to open up his own online store (in addition to his Ebay stores).

11. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

I would, but I don't want to fuck up my account as eBay continually sends updates that they're monitoring discussions about doing business outside of eBay.

12. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Aw damn :( 

13. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Check his PayPal email address from any transaction and email him directly.

• Like Like x 2
  14. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

eBay loves Chinese sellers. He'll be alright no matter what happens.

15. GunplaGamer

GunplaGamer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Purchased Evening of March 9th. Shipped Afternoon March 10th :) 

16. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

Hm import of things from China might get more expensive if some rumors are to be believed.

We might be paying more for our hobby this year. Hopefully that's not true.

17. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What rumor?

18. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got shipping notice from baba for the 2 items I ordered on March 9 during the 20% off sale.

19. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Got my tracking from bababoo! :D 

20. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's mostly one specific guy/retailer that sells in the Facebook groups and always finds a way to add in boarder line racist stuff about buying from an "american dealer", and if you buy straight from China, you're part of the problem with the hobby/community. This borders on bringing outside drama onto TFW, so I'll leave it at, he talked a lot of shit, not so much anymore, and I don't buy from him. His attitude even reinforces me doing most of my buying from China.

• Like Like x 1