eBay Flash Sale Discussion and Commentary Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by kibble, Jan 11, 2018.

1. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You guys love a good conspiracy theory. Just remember, until there's proof, it's just a theory. I've seen no evidence presented of anyone trying to blacklist his listings. If it is happening, it's possible it's being done by his direct competitors on eBay. I can tell you most of the major NA retailers don't even know or care who baba or any other eBay seller is. If someone is actually that butthurt and petty to try to get his offerings de-listed, well, there aren't too many who'd go that far, but past behavior is generally a good indicator of future performance.

2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If that's true, we now know that this market is now big enough to support cheaper prices. No more of that we only printed 2000 for this run and hence the price needs to be $XXXX. If Baba, and the various eBay sellers can sell thousands without impacting existing sellers who sell thousands, this market could have at least 1 million people.

I demand Hasbro prices now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    What.

Are you channeling madness again, hellex? :) 

4. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I kind a figured that at first but he said "more" discounts but could be a language barrier kind a thing.

Anyone have his email address to do this? Unless your a seller, you can see buyers emails but I'm not aware of the other away around. I wouldn't go in droves to ask him for it because it can put his account at risk of being suspended and then kicked off, as well as yours.

Hopefully the deal is better than waiting for the ebay discounts to pop up, as well as hope the items are in stock.

5. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    Very true but ebay wouldn't restrict him from selling items so who is it then?

I can tell you first hand there are a lot of haters on ebay and have had people report me because I was selling items for more than they what they could get. Even laughed and mocked me, until I sold not once but three to four times of the same items. I was setting pricing records for this stuff.

I've been doing this too long to push theories around.

6. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

I made a purchase from bababobo about a week ago. Got an email from ebay saying it shipped. Every time I check shipping it says "Label's created but not yet in the system"... I emailed him(baba) and got a similar message as the previous guy who contacted him. He said it was in Transit. I also made another order Saturday with the sale but STILL haven't received any notifications from eBay as I did with the first order stating that it's even been shipped. Should I give him more time due to business or should I be concerned?

7. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

I bought Bounceback from Baba during the last Flash Sale on the 3rd, and it has already processed through Beijing. I wouldn't worry too much. This is typical for shipments coming from Asia

8. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be concerned. The reason it says "shipped" is because he's printed the shipping label, and Ebay is rigged up to state "shipped" at that point even though it's JUST the label part. With all the orders he's probably having to go through, it might take him a bit more time, even for orders prior to this flash sale. I've had it take a few days before a notice for tracking finally popped up. I honestly wouldn't worry.

• Like Like x 1
  9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Geez, got my slingshot from netclow in 10 days. One of the fastest deliveries from China in a while for me.

10. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

You never know, if an NA retailer did have issues, they probably wouldn't mention it on the boards, as it would create backlash against them from us the consumers. I don't think its too much of a stretch as a theory. Pretty much all of my FT bots were bought from Baba minus Phoenix. I also think baba has been gaining more buyers from this community, as a lot of FT products seem to warm a lot longer on NA sites, then before Baba's increased exposure.
    It also sucks for the NA retailers because they have to pay tfw for advertising, but Baba gets free marketing by word of mouth by us happy customers on this very site.

Basically I'm just saying that it could happen, as its a common thing that happens in the aftermarket auto industry, and I've seen it first hand. Its not the same thing, but its the same concept, they are both luxury industries, and requires a lot of disposable income.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Baba should set up his own online store.

• Like Like x 2
  12. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    @madpanda I'm operating on the logic that smaller NA retailers don't carry the weight to do anything significant to cause him trouble, and larger sites don't even know who he is or care enough to do anything about it. It's more likely either his direct competitors on eBay or a distributor who competes with him for product allocation at the factory or 3P's point of contact, and is seeing baba and netclow grow in volume through their more effective arbitrage of local cost to overseas retail than the pricing the distributor can offer to NA retailers, which in turn limits how much they can compete on price. So if it is impacting order volumes, distributors will feel it first and feel it the most because they work with a larger combined percentage of the market.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. GunplaGamer

GunplaGamer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    GT Sarge shipped from netclow on March 10. :)  Also have confirmed with Baba that a lot of his items were restricted on the US eBay site :(  :( . If you want something that was in his store or is available on one of his international stores he will make a listing specifically for you :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then he won't have so many people buying from him, because the ebay flash sale will be gone.

15. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    I still think there is more to this ebay issue. Regardless and I wasn't looking to be confirmed right or wrong about it, Baba is going to continue to do it for whatever the reason is. At least he's given us options to work around it, which is fine by me. If anything, I feel sorry for him for having to end and relist auctions when these deals come around.

For now, waiting patiently for the next ebay flash and my items from the last one....

16. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not saying he should get rid of his eBay store entirely. TFSource has both. But the savings he gets from not having to pay eBay fees can be passed along to customers. Its not going to be as big of savings as flash sale but at least it will be available daily instead of once every month or 2 (flash sale). He has built enough of a customer base to warrant his own online store.

17. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

Most of his prices are already way better than US retail without the Flash Sale. Plus if he isn't paying eBay fees then the prices could be roughly 10% better. Show.Z has proved that having a small online shop can be successful once you're known in the collector world (which Baba is)

18. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

But I wonder if he'd still be able to give discounts occasionally if he doesn't have to pay 10% for every ebay sale...

19. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Damn, that's one day shy of my record from Netclow.
    I've seen a couple of NA retailers (their personal accounts, not business accounts) in Facebook groups loudly decry and shit talk Netclow and Baba specifically, so honestly this is NOT far fetched if they cried loud enough.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking he should do the same thing.
    He can keep both his Ebay store and his own online store. It worked for Uncle Billy and Show Z.

When did you purchase GT Sarge?

Seller's private stores prices are almost always the same or cheaper than the same item's price on their Ebay store.