eBay Flash Sale Discussion and Commentary Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by kibble, Jan 11, 2018.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone who ordered from netclow during last week's 15% off flash sale have tracking that is actually active now?

2. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no, I didn't see my tracking yet.

3. xueyue2

News Credits:
    I just received my ebay buck, which expires at Aug 2.
    Does this mean from now to Aug 2 we won't see a flash sale for US?

• Like Like x 1
  4. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

I was sure last time around there wouldn't be one during an eBay bucks month, but there was one 15% off last April, so I am going to wait this time and use the coupon last minute if I have to.

5. xueyue2

News Credits:
    Thanks, that sounds a smart move. I just need to set an alarm for me to make sure I use the ebay bucks in the last few days.

6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Did anyone in the USA order from raona222 during the 6/21/2018 Ebay flash sale? If so, have you received your order yet? According to USPS mine has been stuck on China ACCEPTANCE since 6/24/2018.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  7. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw them I was a bit put off by the private listings - so if anyone actually gets anything from them i'd love to know too.

8. dxp

dxp Well-Known Member

This seller has gone rogue. Don't expect to get anything you ordered. File your ebay claim now.

9. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    dxp how do you know for certain? I don't see any recent negative feedback just positive feedback even through 7/9/18.

10. dxp

dxp Well-Known Member

Just take a look at this seller's other listings. Scam prices on everything.

11. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    His prices were legit when I ordered back on 6/21/18. Hopefully I'll still get mine.
    Seth said he ordered 2 days before I did and he received his order.
    @Gremnock

• Like Like x 1
  12. Max Tower

Well I ordered from a seller a (rather Cheap) Hot Solders "Toy" lighter Blue convention exclusive Soundwave versiion (with what seems to be Wingthing and Squawktalk casettes) and I was rather hesitant that I'd get it as it was only $17.99 - but it arrived fine and it was sent express mail and in a good box too.
    Bit of a strange seller as they were mostly selling Naked larger breasted 12" dolls - which begs a question so obvious I didn't think to ask it until now.

Is Hot Soldiers the same Hot Soldier who make 12" figures and if so why the tiny robots all of a sudden ?

13. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    gud_chh5 finally received his stock of Badcube Recon today and is shipping them out. After a week and 3 days my tracking number is finally active. Badcube shipment delay or not it is rather shameful and unprofessional on his part for him to list an item for sale that he didn't actually have in stock yet. The very least he could have done was list it as a preorder.
    Transformers cube badbc red alarm OTS-15! | eBay

14. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Mopey Sea Urchin

Ebay:
    Nah. Hot Soldiers is the tiny Legends scale TFs company. Hot Toys sells the 1/6th scale hyper detailed movie character figures.

15. Shaman

Shaman Well-Known Member

While I agree with how unprofessional and shameful the act is; Baba did something very similar a few months back when Graviter was released and was, ultimately, given a pass after everyone received their purchases. Reliable Chinese sellers are getting fewer and farther between.

16. Max Tower

It just crossed my mind that were they related when someone was selling mostly the tiny robots and 12" DOLLS. For some reason I keep thinking i've heard the name Hot Soldiers someplace else - but it just get mixed up in my mind with Hot Toys I guess.

17. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

Posted on another thread....
    Primosale it is!!!
    (My patience on not spending eBay bucks yet will have paid off) :D 

18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    So Hot Soldiers is the same Legends scale just like DX9 WIP, Pocket toys 1:1 DX9 WIP KO, Magic Square, and NewAge?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  19. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

Anyone know why (or any thoughts about), ebay caps these US flash sales to a $100 max cap? If Ebay offers these discounts to increase sales and raise awareness (basically waving the sellers fee when a 20% off sale, but they still make money via the PayPal sellers fees), why not either offer a higher max cap or multiple coupon usage.

20. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've come to realize that eBay flash sales are a cruel tempting mistress. The only reason I used eBay anymore is because of the flash sales, however that inevitably means having to deal with sellers from China who are scammers far too often for my liking. Even keeping my purchases to only sellers above 99% positive comments, I'm still batting like .600 of late it seems and have had to open many eBay cases to get my money back. I always wind up getting it in the end, but it's so frustrating and such a chore. I GLADLY pay the markup with retailers like TFS or Toy Dojo or The Chosen Prime, or even the Asia based ones like Robotoybase or ShowZ because I know once I order something it's done, it's coming, and I won't have to deal with any drama. (Not to say every item will be perfect, of course, but that's the manufacturers' fault and not the retailers and even then most of them will help you out when problems arise. And they will, because why should any aspect of this hobby not be problematic, really?)

The moral of the story: Just resist the temptation and ignore eBay flash sales unless it's for something that you absolutely cannot find from a retailer.