eBay Flash Sale Discussion and Commentary Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by kibble, Jan 11, 2018.

1. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

.... for the seller.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont transform my figures daily or anything so the most accurate IDW Prime we have so far works for me, even with its complicated transformation.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You wont regret it. Its an amazing piece and stands out in my collection. Ignore the naysayers.

OT i picked up GTs sarge for 60ish shipped. Wanted a Defensor and after seeing their Blades it looks like this is the one for me.

4. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's great. I've never tried/bothered to transform him, but I've actually had him on display more than MP Prime in my display since getting him. I'm very happy with mine.

5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What is the frequency of the 15% off and 20% off Ebay flash sales for USA customers? When can we expect the next one?

6. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

“Expect” is certainly a strong word.
    Unless someone is a decision maker inside the eBay walls that makes such decisions, I think at best consumers could do would be to ‘be on the lookout for’ or ‘anticipate in hopes of’ a sale. That being said...

I think the 20% thing has only happened twice, and the 15% has been more of a recent occurrence, as ‘flash sales’ in prior years have typically been a flat dollar amount off (e.g. $10 off $50+; or $15 off $60+, or $15 off $75+). My speculation would be to lookout for deals (flash or eBay bucks) ~a week before USA’s national holidays or widely recognized celebrations (e.g. mothers’/fathers’ day); and to pay special attention in the final month of quarters, as most businesses give financial reports that incorporate quarterly metrics. So, there might be more incentive for eBay to release deals around that time in order to boost their numbers.

7. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Perhaps we will see another flash sale in the 10 days or so with 4th of July coming up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

That’d be my guess. A rule of thumb might be, ‘if you recall a newspaper circular advertising an event of sales to capitalize on the celebration of a day, it might be wise to anticipate eBay doing something similar.’ Factor in a few days for the purchase to arrive (for celebrations where there are traditionally gifts given) While marketing tries to be creative with new advances, some of the tried and true tactics don’t change.

While I’ll be on the lookout for a 4th of July flash sale, I wouldn’t be surprised if they instead do one of those % off select sellers on outdoor/cookout supplies; and while some consider certain figures worthy of burning, I don’t think TFs in general will qualify in such (for many intents and purposes) useless sales. :( 

I do look fwd to once again testing the quarterly theory come September... but if it’s a 15%-20% off sale because of Labor Day, I won’t complain. ;) 

9. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Ugh. I can't stand it when the flash sale thread gets bumped with those useless "% off select sellers/categories" sales.

In any case, this is a flash sale that happened last year on 6/26/2017. Maybe that's an indicator that we'll get one around the same time this year. Hopefully this time around it'll be 15% off or 20% off and not just $15 off.

• Like Like x 2
  10. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb You no good, you. You just a chicken. CHEEPCHEEP!

THIS!!!

Got a 42nd bday coming up and I'm trying to load up!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

Australia has another 10% off code ends on 27th. ($50 AUD min spend)

the code is Pizzazz I tried it out on toys and it works fine for something over the threshold. (for Australian accounts).

Australia-10% off.jpg

12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

It's too bad the flash sale thread gets gang-bumped 500 times over when there's a sale or that useful information could be pretty easily deduced...

• Like Like x 2
  13. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Do UK customers ever get flash sales?

14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Pretty sure I've seen a couple...but they seem much more infrequent. The Aussies seem to get them every other day!

15. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

t*tt* bar...

16. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb You no good, you. You just a chicken. CHEEPCHEEP!

Well, there's this as of late today:

[​IMG]

Will it let us cheat a little and take off non "Top Brands?"

17. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Unfortunately this will be of no use to us. Damn. So much for having a real flash sale for the 4th. Only the folks in Australia got it.

Alas, I'll have to wait even longer to finally order XTB Toro.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Really? Baba's boxes certainly get the job done but if the item is larger than a carbot then baba's boxes are usually cobbled together from multiple boxes. I'm guessing netclow might be skimping out on packing foam/wrap?

19. bluesymetal

bluesymetal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Baba’s been the fastest shipping for me so far. HZJ second.

20. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Never received damaged boxes from Baba, but have a few times from Netclow. Mind you i dont care about the toy's box regardless, but feels good getting something safe from Baba. But he sure does take his time to actually bring the box to the shipping, eventhough sometimes the number is generated in not so long, well compared to Netclow anyways. It's ok though, i still get them and very happy, also, he gives some great discounts, maybe the best on a few of his products, especially with the 5$ off over certain reasonable amounts.

For me, Netclow always ships faster though, at least the time to process and ship is faster, and i usually get it faster than Baba. Just that i got thin packages sometimes and toy box ended up being damaged. Again, not an issue for me personally.

Got a few packages from Show Z, and they just put those white foam, and once it didnt even cover the whole toy. It protects it, ok, but boy do i hate opening it. And one of my toy's box still got damaged, well, it's from how tight they tried to package it i think, and not the shipper handling it.

These are my top 3 sellers from Asia.