Ebay cracking down on KO transformer auctions????

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Eman7673, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Beast

I had an auction for a spare CHMS SG Rodimus taken down by ebay because of a "listing violation," saying that it went against ebay's rules for counterfeit or bootleg items. There was another auction for both CHMS SG Rodimus and Wildrider + Shadowscythe that was removed, along with two other auctions for CHMS Wildrider. Whats puzzling me is that there are a bunch of KOLD Convoy auctions still going on, along with some other CHMS/KOLD stuff with vague auction descriptions. I'm thinking someone just reported it, but that totally caught me off guard. Any speculations?

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    funpub, they're pretty active on their kos

3. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Gas Powered Stick

I was winning a auction for a KO Wildrider and got this in a email from ebay:

We're writing to let you know that this listing for an item you won or bid on is no longer available:

- Transformers Henkei Wildrider CHMS KO

We understand this may be disappointing, but occasionally we need to remove listings. There are several reasons why we may remove listings, for example:
    -- The listing doesn't follow eBay guidelines.
    -- The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.
    -- The listing contains pictures or words that may create copyright or trademark issues.

4. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Beast

yeah thats exactly what I was talking about. Wonder what I'm gonna do with my CHMS stuff now

5. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Gas Powered Stick

I'm looking for a few KOs. I didnt see any on your sales page. Pm me what you got and prices if want to.

6. stilettoheels

stilettoheels Banned

Its also the opinion of a few higher than thou art collectors, who feel it's their duty to report any listings they feel may be KO. They take it upon themselves to represent what they believe is a majority, and that they will walk tall with legions of fans tossing flowers unto their paths, praising their deeds, and swooning to their glorious victories. All they REALLY do is make asses of themselves and piss people off.

7. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I call them losers. Burrito stained shirt, natural girl repelling losers.

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep.

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, you could sell it on here, since I don't believe TFW has any policies against that shit.

10. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I miss KOtoys.

11. hordeall

hordeall Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ya its not ebay they could care less. Most the goods on ebay are stolen or fake.

Some lamer is whining

12. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

As a seller I have to take umbrage at the idea that most everything on eBay is stolen or knocked off. If only people scrutinized as much at a brick-and-mortar as they do online...ugh..

But otherwise, you're mostly right. eBay does not police the authenticity of goods being auctioned. They are hands off, leaving it to loosely certified associates to police auctions/tradenarks/copyrights, preferring not to beheld accountable for it and barely follow up on cases reported.

It's terrible on the sellers end, people can get your auction pulled pretty easily for an alleged trademark violation, but getting it back or answers as to why it was pulled is near impossible.

13. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sell 'em at NJCC of course.

14. toyman

toyman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago when I listed a KO G1 Oversized Doubledealer and Soundwave that were included in a collection that I bought. Both were clearly listed as to what they were so any potential buyer would know exactly what they were getting. Both listings were pulled within thirty minutes of listing them.

When I asked eBay about it, they told me that keywords in my title alerted them which is why they were pulled so quickly. Apparently you can use "KO" in the title but not the actual words "knock off".

I still have both of them available.

15. g1er

g1er Well-Known Member

that sux, it treats people like idiots, if its listed for sale as a ko then there is no lies so whats the harm. if someone wants to buy a ko then its not someone elses right to stop them.

if however its passed on as genuine and is not then that is bad. but why do big companies have to treat us like kids for god sake, i hate this nanny mentality. sux

16. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

holier than thou fans, competing sellers who are also unloading chms stuffs, funpub, take your pick, but this been going on for long while now, you usually can't find high quality g1 kos on ebay anymore.

17. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Strangely, I've noticed a recent influx of those KO combiner sets (Abominus, Superion, etc.). Last time I saw any of those was back in 2007.

18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Sell them as... customs.

19. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah, a custom made by CHMS hah.

20. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem is there are a lot of idiots on ebay. If someone says it's a KO I could care less. If someone says it is a genuine figure and it's a KO, I report it.

The problem is a lot of people have selective reading on ebay. I just sold 2 items the other day where I had to cancel the transaction on both cause the buyers were in germany and japan. I only ship to the US, I say it at least 3 times in my auctions, yet they claim they didn't know.

As for the KO issue though, sell them on ebay, there should be no problem if you say they are KO. I don't understand ebay. I see plenty of KO figures on ebay that have been there for months that either aren't selling or the people have tons of them and they are still up for sale.