Ebay Claims

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ShortCircuit, Nov 4, 2008.

1. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Hey, you wont believe this.

I sold a PS2 on ebay for 50 bucks. I went to my garage to turn on my air compressor to blow any dust out of it. Come in the house to plug it in and play a game for the last time. Madden 04'. lol. Played like a champ.!! I barely EVER use the thing. I NEVER cracked it open to MOD, clean, or install a new laser. NEVER the service sticker was clean as hell. Y'know the VOID service sticker one. The controller was minty, the PS was minty fresh. I even still have the box taht I included in auction!! I packaged it up and sent her off to a new home.

This dude buys it, upon 2 emails/invoices I sent him, jerky waits a week and a half to pay me, and then files a claim on me about it says "NO DATA" when he try's to use it.

I say fine, Ill refund your money, send it back to me. I figured it got hurt in shiping right?

I told myself, I bet Im gonna get it back and the VOID sticker will be all over this bitch.

Well, whaddyya know. VOID all over, same serial number (of course) but I KNOW what happens when you cack open the lid on a PS2, the VOID sticker get jacked. WELL HELLO DOLLY.

Fan and front was full of dust and crud, screws are missing, smells like cherrys and cigarrettes. the controller was all slimy and greasy....What do you know, I try to play a game "NO DATA!!!!! IM SO PISSED.

This sun-of-a-smitch.

let me reiterate the fact that I pulled a damn merry-maid clean on this thing and controller. Im talkin SPOTLESS.

Dude payed with paypal. Paypal find in THEIR/Buyer favor before I can appeal the case. WTHHHH!!!!

So ridiculous. I cant believe it, so blatant disregard. Didnt he think ID know the difference! I mean WTF?

Im worried paypal aint gonna do jack. Wheres my protection?

Am I screwed? Ill update this page when I hear something back from Paypal but Ive refrained from sending the jerkyboy buyer any email. Im not gonna talk to him cause I already know what his side and answer is gonna be.

2. megatron187

megatron187 Well-Known Member

WOW that is F#$%^ up dude!!!! I would be so pissed to!!!! Let us know what paypal and ebay do for you on this!!!!

megatron187

3. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    you are fucked...i bought something off a seller on ebay...won a omega supreme..bitch sent a empty box with nothing but tissue paper...went thru the crap with paypal...was told to file a police report...filed a police report...still they found in the other party's favor since they had tracking on it...told the dumbass on the phone the box was stamped first class mail...which means it was under a pound....emailed links on the internet to the rep showing omega supreme weights around 5 ish pounds...no avail..still lost the freaking claim...

Paypal sucks my balls...

4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Yeah it doesn't look good SC. IIRC, Paypal used to have the option for sellers receiving items back to raise an issue when the item was tampered with; I don't think that is an option anymore.

I don't know if it'll help you directly for this one, but call Paypal and go over this with a rep. They can't just look at your problem for a few seconds and issue a stock email this way. If you're lucky you may get some recourse, otherwise you've at least cost Paypal time & money to hear your concerns.

5. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's a reason why Paypal calls it "Buyers Protection". It's all about the buyer now. Sorry to say but it looks like paypal won't be helpful.

6. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    It is crap like this that scares me from selling on eBay.

Hope you get something out of this, but I anticipate a big middle finger from Paypal for you. Sorry man.

7. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'm thinking photo evidence is going to become more and more important when dealing with Paypal/eBay.

I can foresee sellers taking pictures of any and all items they sell BEFORE they ship them, perhaps even videos.

Then if someone says an item is defective and sends back a tampered item, the seller can take pics/videos and show the before/after to Paypal. Granted, that may not encourage Paypal to change their stance, but with that much evidence, legal action against Paypal could be taken.

Likewise, I can foresee buyers recording video of them receiving and opening boxes to prevent getting screwed by the empty box trick.

Get enough people doing this, and even if Paypal refuses to acknowledge the evidence, that's when you go to the media and get some quality negative PR for Paypal.

8. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Ebay and PayPal DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. They just don't. It sucks, for sure, but yeah - abandon all hope. Where they are concerned it seems that ROBBERY is legal. I'd love to see a BBB campaign AGAINST them both.

Is what they do in these situations legal? I don't know for sure. Does it suck? Oh you bet! If enough people heard about it and spoke up, they'd maybe knock it off.

If there was a better alternative to PayPal I would not use them at ALL, but until there is it makes sense to accept them. But I left Ebay behind - they have no seller protections whatsoever anymore and I refuse to pay for that "service" with their fees.

9. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like he tried to mod the system, that sucks. You should be able to get your money another reason for me to stay away from e-bay.

10. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Well it's sad because i still think that the majority of ebay sellers/buyer, all nationalities accountet for, are doing business with 0 intentions of cheating etc.

But yes when it happens it sux, and it's again a minority making things sour for the majority.

11. Bjjer

Bjjer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ive stopped selling on ebay (and buying for that matter) because Im afraid of getting screwed by some dipsh!t buyer who can work paypal.

12. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    unfortunately paypal is not interested in pictures...in my case i offered to take photos and email them to paypal support...even offered to mail the box so they could see the postage and stamps...like hitting a brick wall with your head over and over...they could care less...rep said there is nothing they can do with the photos in their investigation.

13. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    They suck!!!!

14. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

fixed ^ lol. I had to.
    Well, mac and folks. I called paypal that SAME day it happened. They sent me an "auto-generated" email to respond to and answer the same questions the rep asked me.

I see on the "claims" page on paypal that they let you forward a file to them, aka jpeg. gif or whatever. but not in DCX (microsoft office) format. I typed out a whole story basically, and although midway thru I had misconceptions of uploading this file to them I knew it would be a waste of my time to try to upload a file of my story of what happened. They want pics, police reports, invoices, faxes things like that. Not heresay. wich is basically what I wrote to them.

My deal is that not only am I out 50 bucks for the sale on the PS2, Im out a working playstation and accessories as well. Ebay listing fee's. And PAYPAL fees to handle dudes payment.

Check this out though, and let me know if Im wrong.
    Paypal takes thier cut of the money transfer from the auction right?
    from $66.00 crackerjack dollars I got 63.08 from paypal. I think I just lost 3 dollars as WELL!!! WTFFFFFFF

AND EBAY is gonna charge me too!! dude. I think I have a case here to take to court for real. I dunno, man maybe I'm wrong about the amount but this is insane.

Im gonna talk to ebay and get this removed from my account listing fees. they cant possibly "bill" me for this auction can they?

They refunded him the whole amount! dude jesus. this never ends.
    Ebay is such Bullshit.

Ebay charges me for auction.

Paypal charges me for money transfer.

Paypal refunds WHOLE amount.

I get the shaft.

I was thinking, even IF they DO find in my favor....what would they reimburse me for? the amount of the sale? Probably? But just because dude bid up to 50 bucks. That is a major indication of what its worth. no more no less. I understand that.

I'm a 100%'r on ebay. I never got scewed, I never screwed anyone. But I got burned this time.

Im never messing with electronics on ebay ever again. No way hell no. Thats why I understand now why everyone says to buy local. Deal locally. Buy locally. Deal with a retailer close to you. Not someone 626 miles away.

Paypal said Id get an answer by Nov 19th so I'm gonna call them everyday until then. I have so far and Im not gonna let this go.

My basis for a reimbursement is that they FORCED me to refund dude's money. If I didn't have paypal and a card listed on my account.

Thanks guys. Well looks like I'm shootin 1 for "maybe" and 8 for "hell no!" here on what you guys think. Not looking too good.

Im gonna win this I have to. Theres no way theyre gonna force this on me. Im so screwed.

15. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

I even called Sony tech support (I know I know)

to ask them where is the serial numbers on the chipboard? "On the back." Can I access the serial numbers in the Browser? "Nope." This computer Function key F6 presser was such an A$$hole wow. "We dont have that information sir." How could you NOT have that info, you are friggin representing Sony arent ya?

Deep in the convo I realised maybe she wouldnt tell me because of security info. Like they can give away dead ringers to customers and hints and tips like that. But damn. for real? Do you have to cop an attitude like that?

I never rcvd such crappy service in my life. jeez. I ended up swearing at her cause I avbsolutely couldnt control myself. man.

16. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Hey! Really sorry to hear about your PS2 case. I had a similar bad experience with eBay/Paypal. Sent it over. Didn't know about tracking mail to protect myself then. To cut it short, I sent pictures of the item being handled at the post office with receipt and a whole list of documents to show that buyer did a chargeback againt many other sellers, and was eventually banned from ebay. But still received a crap load of bull from Paypal agent. Some robot speaking chinese lady went over the thousand and one policies for paypal.

In the end, I stil lost, had to refund the entire amt plus shipping and still had to pay paypal usd10 for all their crap. Really detest Paypal. Should another mode of payment arrive, I'll be sure to jump ship!

17. strata32000

strata32000 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ebay and Paypal do nothing about crap like this.
    I had a guy try to screw me over for some high end figures 2 years ago.
    It was over $600 worth of stuff.
    Any way he reported that he never received the figures about a month later to Paypal
    and they pulled the money from my account.
    Lucky for me I keep all shipping records of stuff sent out for a year so I supplied Paypal with the tracking info.
    Paypal comes back to me and say we can't return your money because you don't
    have a signature on the tracking information.
    What a bunch of lazy @$$ people.
    I finally had to contact the US Postal Inspector and after 3 months they sent a federal
    postal inspector out to talk with this guy.
    I got my money back but it is all up to the seller to protect themselves.
    Why do we allow Paypal and ebay to take money off each auction when they don't really have any one that checks into these matters?
    I hope you file a police report on this loser.
    People like this should have there nuts cut off.

18. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    You have to speak with someone, sadly computers automate everything and unless something is actually brought to their attention it gets ignored. Call and ask for a manager. Best thing I can think of.

19. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

Sorry to hear that. That totally sucks. I have been lucky and haven't been screwed over by ebay or paypal. But I don't conduct much business on ebay or use paypal since I've started reading stores like this. It scares me that this could happen to me. I have a paypal account but I only use it to pay for purchases made here on the boards and to donate to the boards nothing else.

But from all the stories I've heard, I got a feeling that both ebay and paypal are going to give you a big F-U and do nothing about it.

Sorry and good luck.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  20. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Go here:

PayPal Problems & PayPal Answers!

Go down to all the email addresses.

Copy all of them into your email. ALL. Send email to ALL of them at once. I sent to 31 email addresses with a problem seller I had a month or two ago.

All of them. The presidents. The customer service. The PR. ESPECIALLY the PR really.

Give all the facts. Give all the evidence. Give all the support you have.

Then you know what you do? Tell them unless they've satisfied you, you tell the story to your local newspapers. The internet. All your friends. Your lawyer (if you wish to use that threat). Tell them you need a hobby and spending five minutes a day ruining their reputation and destroying them slowly sounds like something fun to do while you got nothing else to do. Get every business you know to withdraw their support, even minimally. Have them encourage non-paypal/non-ebay options, like money orders or paying via credit card through their own website instead of via paypal. If they sell on ebay, get them to sell on Yahoo, Amazon or Half instead.

Good luck.