Ebay case escalated - Advice

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by igniz1984, Nov 4, 2011.

1. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I sold an item on ebay, and the buyer said there was some adhesive from a price tag, and did not believe the item was MINT. You couldn't really see it in the pic, so I said I would give him a refund. He refused, and instead wanted a discount. When I told him no, he went on his marry way. Fast forward 3 weeks later, and he files case with evilbay. So I tell him to send the fig back, but he says the return shipping expense should be on me. I told him no, its at his expense, but he will receive his original shipment cost back.

At this point he is not really trying to work with me, and I keep asking him to send the item back. With no word from the buyer, he escalates the claim after I was willing to work with him on multiple occasions. At this point, per ebay, the case should be solved within 72hrs. I dont want to have to refund the $$$ and lose the fig. Any of you who have been in similiar situations, do you have any advise? and what was the outcome of the cases opened against you?

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I can't believe that eBay's bias toward buyers is even allowed.

Buyers can freely dole out negatives, and in some cases, get full refunds on top of being able to keep an item amid a dispute.

3. igniz1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Tell me about it, I didn't even know I could not leave negative feedback anymore. When the hell did that happen? I just recently started using ebay again. After this case is closed I am done with ebay.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Early 2008 I believe.

5. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    I've heard cases where ebay will pay for the buyer to ship the item back. Granted I'm not sure if that's ebay paying for the shipping or somehow ebay gets the seller to somehow pony up.

Sellers lost the ability to leave negative feedback several years ago. IMO that started the snowball of really bad buyers coming out of the ether =P

6. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What would happen if eBay said you have to refund the money and he will send the figure back but you choose not and basically say fuck it you're keeping the figure an I'm keeping the money.

What could eBay or PayPal do? If they plan to try and withdrawl from accounts I'd just close both eBay and PayPal.

I hate how they side with the buyer so much it's bullshit.

7. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

They usually take the money out automatically from the Seller's paypal "for the seller's own protection".

Call eBay and explain the situation, they'll tell him to send it back, or you have to give a partial refund. If you let it play out too long they'll find in favor of the buyer. They've told me, the few times I had to refund people, that the return shipping is at the buyer's own expense. Just try and be nice on the phone or you're going to be screwed.

8. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    eBay's bias against sellers smacks of an attempt to divert accusations of a monopoly by sacrificing sellers to give buyers an inordinate level of power, immunity in fact

9. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep, I remember the day when you could sell something on ebay and if something happened you dealt directly with the seller. No intervening from ebay / paypal etc.... Heck I remember when you could send cash / check / money orders, now ebay has to get their hands in on that as well. Some buyer ticked you off you could let others know by leaving negative feedback..... All that is a thing of the past. You can sell an item, they bitch you give them a partial refund basically GIVING the item away and they still leave you negative, nothing you can do.... EBAY SUCKS!!!

I remember the day.......

up hill.....both ways....in 5 feet of snow.

(Oh and if that last line leaves you wondering, your too young to remember)
    :) 

10. igniz1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I called ebay right after they closed the case, and refunded the money. I told them about the situation and they refunded it right back to me. They said it would be on hold untill the buyer provides tracking information. So that was a sigh of relief.

11. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I remember once I had to kill a grizzly bear with my loose leaf notebook.

But seriously - this is why I try NOT to use Ebay. It's like the fees I'd pay them are essentially me paying them for the ability to screw me. No thanks.

12. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's got to send the item back to get a refund. No other way about it. He's got a certain amount of time and then ebay rules in your favor. Sounds to me like he has opened the fig up and altered the condition of the toy and box by opening it(I assume it was misb). This is why I say look at the pics closely in my auctions.

13. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    well if he filed a not as described claim...and they decide in his favor...he will have to mail it back with trackable shipping...once they (ebay) see it has been delivered to you...he gets his $$$ plus original shipping back refunded to him by ebay.

14. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh man, I totally forgot that part.....

The days before he got all racist.