Ebay bucks, and Refund side-effects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Most of us know by know about Ebay's ebucks rewards program. You earn a certain amount of money for every purchase you make on ebay.
    What I didn't know till just now, is if your unhappy with an item, and you get a refund. You LOOSE your earnings for that one item.
    So, apparently there are side-effects to getting a refund. But then again, the ebucks rewards are so tiny compared to the cost of the item purchased, your refund is actually worth more than the rewards!
    Not a complaint or anything, just letting you know...........................

and knowing is....................

2. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

It makes sense that ebay will take back the 2% if the purchase is refunded.

They explain this to buyers when they sign up for the program.

3. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, if you're not refunded, it would be somewhat easy for two people to set something up to keep buying things from each other for the rewards (not that eBay fees make this a good plan, of course). Getting rewarded for something you refund is essentially getting the rewards for nothing, which makes no sense.

4. Tigertrack

How true. Something I did not catch when I was reading their thing before signing up I suppose. Makes sense. I just wanted to share it with you people.

5. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, i would think they would take it back because why should you keep the reward when the purchase is basically canceled.

6. Tigertrack

There are a lot of advertisements on TV that claim you get to keep the free gift even if you return the main purchase. So maybe some people might think the same idea with ebucks.
    I should've known that ahead of time, but as I said, it's such a small amount it's no big deal. Your refund is worth more than the ebucks anyway.

7. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Its not a gift. It wasnt advertised as a gift. I would hope you could imagine the abuse that some people would do there. Who wouldnt want free "money" to spend on ebay.